if English club then stones as he is English and need that for the limit of home grown.... Him and Harry Kane be my 1st 2 signings for United on Friday.... yes I have beta but like to have the Mighty Posh as a friendship club with United

When I started my save with Man U, I put in a bid for Stones for $65 million, Everton accepted and I offered a contract of $8 mill per year. I offered high on both the transfer fee and the player contract because of the competition going after him. Well, he signed with Arsenal. Arsenal purchased him for $43 million and signed him to a $6 mill per year contract.

When I started my save with Man U, I put in a bid for Stones for $65 million, Everton accepted and I offered a contract of $8 mill per year. I offered high on both the transfer fee and the player contract because of the competition going after him. Well, he signed with Arsenal. Arsenal purchased him for $43 million and signed him to a $6 mill per year contract.

Not too keen about stones because of his ppm. But yeah he is expensive and overpriced to me tbh

Not too keen about stones because of his ppm. But yeah he is expensive and overpriced to me tbh

Not the point. He was actually cheap. I over paid for him to secure the transferring. But Everton settled with a club offering $43 mil rather than my club offering $65 mil. And Stones settled with that clubs $6 mil offer rather than my $8 mil.

Stones

after the first season your transfer budget rockets.
i got in Gabriel Barbosa (ST) and Jorge (LB) first season then got Laporte AND Stones second season both for around £30 million each
Jorge, Stones and Laporte make a mean defence and i ended up winning the champion league

then bought Neymar 3rd season lol

i might just go for lucas from atleti ... thanks smiffey93 for the info

Where would you sort Lucas in between the other CBs in the game. His buy out clause is 42m€ which is not exactly cheap, but still ok in comparison to Romagnoli (90m€ after the first season).

Where would you sort Lucas in between the other CBs in the game. His buy out clause is 42m€ which is not exactly cheap, but still ok in comparison to Romagnoli (90m€ after the first season).

for only 2 centre back that will be jones and smalling... rojo was sold to barca for 24mil... so with 3 main dc he is good replacement for rojo. i rotate between these 3 if i do get lucas

for only 2 centre back that will be jones and smalling... rojo was sold to barca for 24mil... so with 3 main dc he is good replacement for rojo. i rotate between these 3 if i do get lucas

Ok, but would you take Lucas over someone like Laporte? I am predominantly looking for a left footed CB and the three I find are Romagnoli / Lucas / Laporte.

i wouldnt tbh, Laporte is a solid back but thats all he plays. another problem i have with him is acceleration, which i prefer for most of my dc... he has a low acceleration.. playing high def line is dangerous with it. Romagnoli is a save bet. but if ya going for just dc then either 3 will do. but im italian biased so romagnoli it is for just a pure Dc

i wouldnt tbh, Laporte is a solid back but thats all he plays. another problem i have with him is acceleration, which i prefer for most of my dc... he has a low acceleration.. playing high def line is dangerous with it. Romagnoli is a save bet. but if ya going for just dc then either 3 will do. but im italian biased so romagnoli it is for just a pure Dc

In fact I am going to get 2 of the 3 mentioned and have enough cash. So Romagnoli + Lucas you'd suggest?

aye mate, thats my choice tho... others would think otherwise

Romagnoli, Lucas as left footers - Dier and Mammana as right footers. And Jorge Mere in my reserves team as back up when someone is injured.

Playing as Everton, wish I sold Stones tbh. 10 games in and rarely plays well.

Romagnoli, Lucas as left footers - Dier and Mammana as right footers. And Jorge Mere in my reserves team as back up when someone is injured.

Mustafi - best all round defender outside the true world class talents, and good to go from the 1st season, but young enough to grow with a youngish team.

Developed in a solid and commanding player for me (Vice-Captain) and averages 7.5 which is excellent for a defender.

All my opinion of course :-]

aye mate, thats my choice tho... others would think otherwise

Lucas wouldn't join me. He always accepts the offer of Athletico instead of mine - regardlesss of how ridiculous my offer is. I offered him 100k€ per week + all add-ons (instead of the 50k he was asking for) and he still accepts 16k a week from Athletico.

So I will stick with Alderweireld for another season and try again next year. Probably the smart choice anyway as Lucas still needs to develop to reach the level of Alderweireld.

I love John Stones because i play as arsenal he's Home-grown