John Terry cleared of Racial Abuse

This is absolutely shocking. Terry should not have used those words and I am amazed that he is being defended so fiercely here.

He had the most responsibility to be a role model to younger English fans as he was the national captain at the time.

The FA can ban him on charges of bringing the game into disrepute and I hope they do. Anton Ferdinand was no angel either with the things he said and did and he should be disciplined as well.

Last edited:
Puddz.. Well i personally would probably repeat those words and basically say I never called you this, just human response... To say otherwise is highly unlikely

Would a simple "I never called you that" not sufficed?

Would a simple "I never called you that" not sufficed?

Heat of the moment you don't stop and go lets think what I am going to say, he said it defending it saying he didn't call him it

Basically handbags on the pith

He had the most responsibility to be a role model to younger English fans as he was the national captain at the time

This is ridiculous. Nowhere does it say that Terry has to be a role model for younger kids. He is a footballer. His job is to play football which he does.

While it would obviously be nice if he was a role-model on and off the pitch... Kids usually can tell the difference between right and wrong themselves. Pretty sure no kid will call his black mate a ******* **** **** and blame it on Terry

Heat of the moment you don't stop and go lets think what I am going to say, he said it defending it saying he didn't call him it

Basically handbags on the pith

Exactly. Especially when the atmosphere is a fiery London Derby with thousands of QPR fans shouting abuses at you from every direction and your 2 men down losing 1-0. Its retarded to lambast him for not being quite so careful with his words although it has got him in a whole pile of ****...

Question should be did he racially abuse him, answer sseems no.. Now people are trying to say he shouldn't use them words...

This is ridiculous. Nowhere does it say that Terry has to be a role model for younger kids. He is a footballer. His job is to play football which he does.

While it would obviously be nice if he was a role-model on and off the pitch... Kids usually can tell the difference between right and wrong themselves. Pretty sure no kid will call his black mate a ******* **** **** and blame it on Terry

I did not say they would call someone that and blame Terry but if he was the idol of some young kid, I personally feel that there might be some possibility that they call a black kid the same thing. Why even create that possibility, no matter how small.

Based on the highlights from the closing arguments of both lawyers: John Terry trial a case of 'straightforward racial abuse' | Football | guardian.co.uk

I feel Terry was being racist but understand that the court could not charge him as it was not possible to prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

I did not say they would call someone that and blame Terry but if he was the idol of some young kid, I personally feel that there might be some possibility that they call a black kid the same thing. Why even create that possibility, no matter how small.

Based on the highlights from the closing arguments of both lawyers: John Terry trial a case of 'straightforward racial abuse' | Football | guardian.co.uk

I feel Terry was being racist but understand that the court could not charge him as it was not possible to prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

thats the prosecutors, course they are going to say he was being racist, in many videos in my opinion you can quite clearly see Terry starting to say the word 'Never' then Cole walks in...

honestly believe he was not being racist,i have saw enough videos to convince me he was simply questioning the original statement made by Ferdinand

thats the prosecutors, course they are going to say he was being racist, in many videos in my opinion you can quite clearly see Terry starting to say the word 'Never' then Cole walks in...

honestly believe he was not being racist,i have saw enough videos to convince me he was simply questioning the original statement made by Ferdinand

I know, as I said, it was the closing arguments of each lawyer. My point was that based on what they said, in my personal opinion, the prosecution's argument looks the most likely.

Only time "Black" should be said on the football pitch is when it is behind the word "Nice" and directly followed with "Shorts, Mr. Referee"

He shouldn't have said what he said. Admitting to even saying it is probably going to get him a match ban and a fine. Silly thing to do, but, what happens to JT, happens.

I mean, don't they have multiple billboards saying "Let's stamp racism out of football" all over the sides anyway?

At no point should you be referring to anyone as a ******* black **** on a pitch, regardless of how its put across. That is probably where the FA will hit him.

This is a very big change from when Rooney swore in front of a camera, you and Carl were saying the exact opposite. Now I agree with you, but you cannot suddenly change your tune.

I dont understand why people brush over certain factors because it happens to involve their player. Think its right I post this again:

He wasn't found innocent of using the words.

What the judgement shows is that the prosecution couldn't prove beyond all reasonable doubt that he used the words AND intended them to be offensive. He said he was repeating what Anton had said, and really only those two will know the truth. The bench couldn't take one side's story beyond all reasonable doubt.

The FA, in a civil court, with lower burdens of proof, can charge him with using the language and punish him accordingly. Certainly can hit him with bringing the game into disrepute.

Also, for the people taking a pop at the person who made the complaint. It wasn't some person making a name, it was an off duty policeman.

The judge summed it up by say he was very very sceptical of Terry's defence, but there was enough doubt. Nothing about him being innocent, simply that it couldn't be proved. Two very different things.

This is a very big change from when Rooney swore in front of a camera, you and Carl were saying the exact opposite. Now I agree with you, but you cannot suddenly change your tune.

Fair Enough... If I said that then I was wrong then

I doubt Suarez would have been charged in a magistrates court.

Still fully expect the FA to ban Terry.

Course i know liars can aswell, but JT had far far more to lose than the Ferdinands. I said from day one even if he is found not guilty it won't be enough for the majority and how correct i was.

Because you totally missed the point of why he wasn't found guilty:

The judge summed it up by say he was very very sceptical of Terry's defence, but there was enough doubt. Nothing about him being innocent, simply that it couldn't be proved. Two very different things.

Chelsea fans seem to be sweeping over the key difference here.

However, going on the FA rulings, more than enough to nail him there.

This. There's little doubt that Terry is indeed guilty of what he was accused: but there's enough doubt not to prosecute him.