Jose Mourinho is so overrated

Which of the following is not one of the top 3 managers in the world today?

• Total voters
They lost to Liverpool next season he left Chelsea. To downplay his home record achievement is ridiculous when hardly any manager has achieved that feat..

You're right. Under Scolari, who was a disaster, they had one home less. The next season they also had one home loss. And they had a couple this season too I think when they couldn't win a game. But the fact is they hardly ever lose at home despite little investment in the squad over the past couple seasons. More importantly, what about other records? How about Wenger's transfer record? The 2009-2010 Chelsea team scored the most goals in history, yet few people seem to remember them as an all-time great team. Super talented teams are going to make records, doesn't mean the manager is the best of all time. Barcelona sets records but that doesn't make Pep a great manager, he has a very talented team at his disposal.

Your statement that Super-Talented Teams hardly lose at home is laughable to say the least, certainly thye dont remain unbeaten there for 2 whole seasons

And how can you say Inter was never good in Serie A while he was there? Just because they did not play your brand of exciting football does not mean they were bad plus I do recall them achieving he small task of winning the Serie A while he was there so I do think they must have been good to a small extent oO)

As far as Inter goes, Mourinho got non-stop criticism from the press during his first season at Inter. They played exactly like they did under Mancini and everyone was talking about how overrated he was. They got some great new players that off-season yet were woefully inconsistent in Serie A. I watched them play many times and was always shocked at how poorly they played, sure they got the results much of the time but they looked very poor considering how much more talented they were than their opponents. There were no other good teams in Serie A that season but they didn't win the league until the final day.

ManU has won every game at home this season except one and I don't see any non ManU fans calling them an historically great team. The home record is very impressive, I agree, and as I said before, he's a great manager. He's great at getting results when he has the most talented team at his disposal. I'm pretty much done here since we hear the same arguments over and over again from the Mourinho crowd, he has won trophies and he has the home record, while pretty much everything I have said has been ignored. I personally think if he were the genius everyone thinks he is he would have won even more. He has managed some incredibly talented teams over the past several years. He would have taken a cup or two in his first two seasons at Chelsea. He might have made a Champions League final while he was there. Now he's at Real Madrid with the most talented team of all time, and despite having another year to gel and some new great players they were worse this season in the league than last season. They got a trophy, good for them. But if they don't win either the league or Champions League next season, his tenure will have been considered a complete failure. That's how it is when you manage incredibly talented teams. Winning trophies are expected, it doesn't make you a genius. If he does win something though I bet he'll receive an endless amount of praise.

Look at what Guardiola has already done in his brief career, his record is astonishing, yet no one seriously thinks he's a great manager. That's because with the team he has, winning that much is almost expected. All I'm saying is that it's the same for Mourinho. He has manages these incredibly talented teams, and when he wins with them it's not the players it's him.

I'd offer arguments to this thread if there was anything to argue. There are plenty of people here who are arguing with you. Covering most (if not all) points of argument.

Although I will say this. If Pique is overrated and depends on Puyol. Then why does he play just as well when Puyol is injured - which has been alot this season? Did you not see Pique vs Ronaldo last season at the Bernabeu?

And if you honestly think Khedira is better than Busquets. Infact, I'm not even going to argue that with you. To have the lack of knowledge to think that in the first place is an instant give away that you're not going to see why Khedira is a poor player.

Have fun in your bubble!

I'd offer arguments to this thread if there was anything to argue. There are plenty of people here who are arguing with you. Covering most (if not all) points of argument.

Although I will say this. If Pique is overrated and depends on Puyol. Then why does he play just as well when Puyol is injured - which has been alot this season? Did you not see Pique vs Ronaldo last season at the Bernabeu?

And if you honestly think Khedira is better than Busquets. Infact, I'm not even going to argue that with you. To have the lack of knowledge to think that in the first place is an instant give away that you're not going to see why Khedira is a poor player.

Have fun in your bubble!

Are you arguing with Mourinho now too? Khedira is not a poor player, and if you were to put Busquets (unrealistic, I know), I doubt he would be better than Khedira. Busquets works so well with Barca, but that's about it.

Are you arguing with Mourinho now too? Khedira is not a poor player, and if you were to put Busquets (unrealistic, I know), I doubt he would be better than Khedira. Busquets works so well with Barca, but that's about it.

No. I'm not arguing about Mourinho.

I'm arguing at what a poor player Khedira is. How about this. You tell me Khedira's EXACT role, tell me what he actually does on the pitch (i.e what he does on/off the ball/his contribution etc.) With definitive proof. And I'll gladly accept that he is not a poor player.

You say that Busquets only works well with Barca. But how do you know? Have you seen him play for Madrid? Have you seen him play for Man Utd? Have you seen him play for anyone else other that Barca? No. So how can you comment on how he can only play for Barca?

On current proof yes. He can only play under Barca's style. But that's the only style he has played under. Irrelevant point to make.

I watch Barca all the time and Pique is a great player, just not quite as good as people make him out to be. I've always been an admirer of Carvalho, I think he's great too. By himself I think he's slightly better than Pique.

Have fun in your bubble!

Khedira is a great player I don't know where you've been. Busquets is very good but that's because he fits into the Barca system so well. Khedira on his own is a better player.

If you're going to be a condescending ***** about disagreeing with other peoples' opinions on which player is better don't bother posting.

No. I'm not arguing about Mourinho.

I'm arguing at what a poor player Khedira is. How about this. You tell me Khedira's EXACT role, tell me what he actually does on the pitch (i.e what he does on/off the ball/his contribution etc.) With definitive proof. And I'll gladly accept that he is not a poor player.

You say that Busquets only works well with Barca. But how do you know? Have you seen him play for Madrid? Have you seen him play for Man Utd? Have you seen him play for anyone else other that Barca? No. So how can you comment on how he can only play for Barca?

On current proof yes. He can only play under Barca's style. But that's the only style he has played under. Irrelevant point to make.

Since Mourinho bought Khedira you're definitely questioning his abilities to judge a players abilities. Khedira's role is to be the hard working midfielder who cleans up after players like Ronaldo when they lose the ball. If he gets the ball he should make a simple pass up the pitch or to the playmaker (Xabi Alonso) by his side who then can restart the attack.

I watch Barca all the time and Pique is a great player, just not quite as good as people make him out to be. I've always been an admirer of Carvalho, I think he's great too. By himself I think he's slightly better than Pique.

Khedira is a great player I don't know where you've been. Busquets is very good but that's because he fits into the Barca system so well. Khedira on his own is a better player.

If you're going to be a condescending ***** about disagreeing with other peoples' opinions on which player is better don't bother posting.

Do you want me to contribute or not?

Okay, how about this. The reason I don't rate Khedira is becuase he doens't do anything. And trust me, every Madrid game I watch (around 20 this season) I make a specific note to watch Khedira and see what he actually does. I mean, from what I've seen. Literally - he contributes nothing. The only thing I can remember him doing was in the Madrid V Spurs game where he passed it 5 yards to his right to Ronaldo, who shot directly at Gomes who let the ball go through him. Giving Khedira an assist. That's it. Give me proof that he is as great as you say he is. I personally don't understand why Lass is his back-up.

Have fun in your bubble!

I may not agree with curtis, and I think Busquets is the superior player, but there is no need for such a manner.

Since Mourinho bought Khedira you're definitely questioning his abilities to judge a players abilities. Khedira's role is to be the hard working midfielder who cleans up after players like Ronaldo when they lose the ball. If he gets the ball he should make a simple pass up the pitch or to the playmaker (Xabi Alonso) by his side who then can restart the attack.

Wait. So EVERY player I don't think is good is me saying that the manager who bought him is a bad judge of ability? Just to annhilte that theory. I think Bebe is a terrible player. But I think the aquisition of Nani to be amazing.

But that's my point. I don't see Khedira Effectively "work hard" or "clean up". Hence, prove to me that he does. 'Cause I don't see it.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

I may not agree with curtis, and I think Busquets is the superior player, but there is no need for such a manner.

It's just that I've spent days upon days of trying to convice some people certain things, that there comes a point when you know when it just will not get through to them.

I was basically thinking out loud.

Wait. So EVERY player I don't think is good is me saying that the manager who bought him is a bad judge of ability? Just to annhilte that theory. I think Bebe is a terrible player. But I think the aquisition of Nani to be amazing.

But that's my point. I don't see Khedira Effectively "work hard" or "clean up". Hence, prove to me that he does. 'Cause I don't see it.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

It's just that I've spent days upon days of trying to convice some people certain things, that there comes a point when you know when it just will not get through to them.

Can't rely convince someone to change an opinion though if they firmly believe it that much tbf. Been an extremely intruiging debate though

That's Khedira's role. What else does he do, apart from make runs to meet the front players?

Well don't. Talking like that isn't going to help your cause one bit.

That's Khedira's role. What else does he do, apart from make runs to meet the front players?

Well don't. Talking like that isn't going to help your cause one bit.

But what I'm saying is that I don't see him effectively fufilling his duties.

And, err. I think I'll do whatever I please with my thoughts.

My choice in the poll has been Hiddink. Quite obvious to me, in my opinion. (What does this poll have to do with the question in the thread title, by the way?)

Mourinho overrated? Well, I wouldn't say so.
I don't like him, at all, but I have to recognize that he is quite a good manager.
I get quite surprise when people praise some of his tactis as genious ideas, when I think it is just being completelly defensive and that (Javier Clemente could teach him lots of things about this, remember Spain team at 1994 and so, and he is no told to be a great manager)
, but anyway he is good, i'll give you that.

Curtis i'm still wondering how the current Real Madrid is the best of all time because...
Pique>Pepe
Puyol>Carvalhio
Messi>Ronaldo
Iniesta>Ozil
Villa>Higuain
Busquets>Khedira
Xavi=(yes =)Alonso
Ramos>Dani Alves
Casillas>Valdes
Marcelo>Abidal
Di Maria> Pedro
So that is 6-4 for Barca so.....

Curtis i'm still wondering how the current Real Madrid is the best of all time because...
Pique>Pepe
Puyol>Carvalhio
Messi>Ronaldo
Iniesta>Ozil
Villa>Higuain
Busquets>Khedira
Xavi=(yes =)Alonso
Ramos>Dani Alves
Casillas>Valdes
Marcelo>Abidal
Di Maria> Pedro

I'd say Alves is better than Ramos and Valdes is better than Casillas.

So 8-2 in Barca's favour. Although. I think Madrid have a better overall squad. More depth.

Pique>Pepe
Puyol>Carvalhio
Messi>Ronaldo
Iniesta>Ozil
Villa>Higuain
Busquets>Khedira
Xavi=(yes =)Alonso
Ramos>Dani Alves
Casillas>Valdes
Marcelo>Abidal
Di Maria> Pedro

wow ur rating them as if they are girls or something..... u dont realise that this is football and every player has different duties and roles, rating them purely on statistics or something is not the way to go about it

well i think he's a truly great manager but to call him the best in the world is kindda overrated him a little since he still need to prove something that really need a great skilled manager to do this, bring a mediocre club into a remarkable successes like harry redknapp do in totteham or napoli's manager, walter mazzarri done. but that's just not enough, since he labeled him self as "the special one" , he need to bring those mediocre club a bunch of trophy at least one league tittle and one champion league tittle, after that i guess nobody will mind or arguing when he called himself as the greatest and the special one

wow ur rating them as if they are girls or something..... u dont realise that this is football and every player has different duties and roles, rating them purely on statistics or something is not the way to go about it

Who says his, or my, opinion is based on statistics?