Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid 2011 - Jibbers

• Thread starter Thread starter jibbers
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 62K

jibbers

Reaction score
UPDATED: Please read the text in red below.

Real Madrid play arguably, the most entertaining football in Europe at the moment, averaging over 4 goals a game. Barcelona tactics seem to be an obssession on this forum (myself included :P), as people are always tying to recreate their tiki taka football and get Xavi to make a 100 + passes a game. The purpose of this tactic is to attempt to recreate the fluid counter attacking movemnets that Real Madrid showed towards the end of last season, and are currently doing this season. PREMISE Mourinho believes that Madrid's ability on the break would be the key to defeating Barcelona and is their key weapon against them. Mourinho has taken a lot of elements from Barcelona and I believe that this Madrid team will be the team to end the cycle. Madrid now press very high up and go very hard from the get go with high intensity, score as many goals as possible in the first half then take a breather. Mourinho wants Madrid to win the game in the 1st half. Ronaldo is basically playing a false winger atm because he is coming inside to get the ball, I have checked out his average position as the season has been going on and he has been coming in more centrally. A false winger vs a false striker? lol Madrid is given width on the left by Marcelo and and he is almost as high up as Alves is for Barcelona on the left. Madrid's ball retention has improved as well and they do not soley rely on counter attacking. The High Line implemented is possibly only due to having pacey CBs who can recover from balls played over the top. Ramos shifting from the RB to a CB was a Mourinho master stroke, as he is able to bring the ball out of play and start aattacks from the back were as before at the start of Mourinhos reign, Madrid used to bypass the MF completely and hoof it to the CF. Alonso is quite possibly Madrid's most important player as he is their only link between defence and attack. Madrid usually suffer whn opponents are able to clsose him down and stop him from having a lot of time on the ball. All in All, this new Madrid have recaptured the imagination of football and has reminded the world that there is more than one way to play beautiful football, not just Barcelona's tkiki taka. [video=youtube;8OJmakB_nK8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OJmakB_nK8&feature=channel_video_title[/video] THE RESULTS Team stats, Trophys attained, are all shown in the attachments. Ronaldo scored 60 goals all from the left wing XD. THE A TEAM GOAL KEEPERS: Casillas, Adan CENTRAL DEFENDERS: Pepe, Ramos, Varane, Boccetti, Albiol FULLBACKS: Marcelo, Azpilicueta, Coentrao CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS: Alonso, Sahin, Khedira, Adam Vass, Gago, Javi Martinez ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS: Kaka, Ozil, Marvin WINGERS: Ronaldo, Willian, DI Maria, STRIKERS: Benzema & Higuain NOTES
  • I created this tactic specifically for Real Madrid. I don't know whether other teams will yield the same results. I think it could work for Tottenham and teams that play with speed and quick ball movements.
  • Any CB you buy must be comfortable on the ball and be quick as well. The tactic utilises the highest line possible, so when long balls are played the CB should have the pace to cover as well.
  • The attackers must be quick and be good at dribbling as they need these to be able to fully utilise the counter attacking opportunities to the max, so going and buying a player like Berbatov would be completely foolish.
  • Set you CAM as the playmaker, your striker as the target man and set supply to run onto ball.
  • Be patient with the tactic. You will get results but the real beautiful goals will com halfway through the season.
  • Ronaldo is the second best player in thegame, but he gets very annoying because he shoots drom long distance and never passes whenever he and Benzema/Higuain are alone from a breaking attacking with the opposition GK. Prepare to be annoyed! If anyone has aa way of making him unlearn to shoot from distance and to stop being as selfish, give me a shout.
TACTICS
  • Match shouts shown in attachments
I will try to add Some of the great goals I have scored using this tactic for all to see. Watch this space. TACTIC AT WORK Each clip is no more than 1 minute. Watch it to see if you think it emulates Madrid. Also my tactic is not a sit and counter tactic. The highlights are of the counters that happened. mourinho said he wants Madrid to scorE goals from inside their own half within less than 6-7 touches. The video highlights this part. I usually control games and I am mostly in the opposition half. [video=youtube;YGArW-tzZUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGArW-tzZUk&feature=channel_video_title[/video] [video=youtube;NU4TyADPGAY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU4TyADPGAY[/video]

FINAL NOTES

Right guys as you can see that I pretty much owned Barcelona and the highest point of my managerial reign when I handed them the infamous Manita (5-0). For the original tactic I tweaked it for inside forwards on both sides slightly and if anyone wants me to uplaod it please say so. Also a problem I found with the original one, as a poster noted was that lack of involvment of the CAM (Ozil position). I spend days trying to figure it out and I realised that when I start games some player instructions change. I guess I wasn't watching the matches as a tactician, but rather as a spectator because I should have picked it out a lot earlier. Xabi Alonso position (CML/DLP) goes from his original instructions to run from deep sometimes, leaving the CAM crowded and the CAM unable to perform. Make sure that the DLP is set to run forward rarley as this replicates Alonso IRL. The CMR always bombs forward ALA Khedira. This frees up the CAM and makes sure Alonso is available for a pass and leaves the defence less exposed and therefore better protected. Also make sure both wingers are set to run with ball often. Make sure Alonso is set as the playmaker. This is important as the player in the CAM is usually crowded. ASeeing as Real dominates most matches, Alonso is free in the CM and copuled with the run forward rarely instruction, this means that if an attack reaches a dead end, you can always find him free and keep recycling possession, rather than pass to the CAm in a crowded position where they will mosy likely lose the ball.

For my newly added 4-3-3 anti Barca tactic. If the result is secure and you don't want yto risk anymore, make sure you change the philosophy from attack to control, and once again, the CM (DLP) should be set to run forward rarely. This way you are again more secure. Only do this if You want to keep the present result. The 4-3-3 Presses relentlesssy and even when I faced Barcelona, Playersw like Xavi were misplacing a lot of passes. Now I feel that this is what Mourniho was trying to implement IRL, and I feel I have gotten it spot on. If you want two Inverted wingers (inside forwards, just change the RW position accordingly (change to IF and set wide play to cut in). This makes the formation even more attacking. The width is provided by the Fullbacks. I have added a screen shot of my all time results against Barcelona and youy can see some of the massive scorelines for yourself.

Any questions please don't be afraid to ask.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Real Madrid are the best team in the world. They will win their 10th European Cup this season. HALA MADRID

Last edited:
I've been waiting for someone to do this! I like how Jose plays Khedira high up the pitch to win the ball back and counter attack. :)
Very nice description!

How long until you upload the tactic do you reckon? also what formation will it be?

Why 3 tactics? I thought it would be the same tactic through out the whole season

How long until you upload the tactic do you reckon? also what formation will it be?

Between today and saturday hopefully. Just keep checking. Just realising how much effort Raikan and Max67 put into these things. Tactics...****** ****...

Why 3 tactics? I thought it would be the same tactic through out the whole season

One is mou's standard 4-2-3-1 he plays most of the time

One is 4 -3-3 he plays in the big games, with alonso as dlp cm and two ball wining MF on either side so he can press high up and win the ball in big games, like he will do against barca.

3rd is one I created so Benzema, Ronaldo and Higuain can play together XD

Between today and saturday hopefully. Just keep checking. Just realising how much effort Raikan and Max67 put into these things. Tactics...****** ****...

One is 4 -3-3 he plays in the big games, with alonso as dlp cm and two ball wining MF on either side so he can press high up and win the ball in big games, like he will do against barca.

Nice, did you use your big game tactic in the games vs Barcelona?

Sounds awesome! Also it seems you have put alot of effort into this

Actually I never really had to. I just used my normal tactic. I'll post all the matches I had with barca so you can see all the tactics I used against them. Should be up in like 30 minutes. Depending how my interwebs goes

nice looking forward to it :)

Cheers mate

I've just started a game with Real Madrid so hopefully this tactic is up before my season starts. Might sign Papadopolous as he's a monster. Do you need pace as a centre back to play in your tactics?

nice looking forward to it :)

I've just started a game with Real Madrid so hopefully this tactic is up before my season starts. Might sign Papadopolous as he's a monster. Do you need pace as a centre back to play in your tactics?

Yea that is a must! I recommend you varane actually, the guy turns out to be a beat and he is now starting over peep in most games. I'll show you my recommended players.

I thought Varane and Papadopolous could be my first choice pairing for a long time. Ones a rock and ones a quick and agile.

I thought Varane and Papadopolous could be my first choice pairing for a long time. Ones a rock and ones a quick and agile.

My Internet is being ridiculously slow. I played Barcelona 7 times last season. With a record of 4-1-2 not bad eh. I wanted to beat them the right way and not use my 433 tactic.

Very good, do you think it would be worth signing Neymar?

Very good, do you think it would be worth signing Neymar?

Aha! That's the current dilemma I'm having ATM. My two strikers as you can see scored 30+ goals and they rarely started together. I won every single trophy. Where would Neymar fit? He would only be useful if Ronaldo gets injured but if I signed him now he would have to be on the bench and he is to good for that IMO. I would wait till after world cup 14. I am selling Kaka. I wil. Get margin martin. The next Zidane. You should sign Willian from Shakter. Arguably the best pure winger in the game and he is a good team player. He is benching Di Maria ATM. Also sign salvatore boccetti. He is also one of the best ball playing CBS in the game. Have a look and tell me if u like.

Bocchetti and Willian look great but Ozil is amazing and so is Di Maria and playing 2 right footed wingers wouldnt be ideal imo.

Might sign Bocchetti but Neymar looks class :/

Might also sign Kara to replace Diarra as Man City want him, not sure if Kara is Real Madrid class though :/

Back