Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid 2011 - Jibbers

Just played Barca in the super cup first leg, lost 0-1 but had 31 shots and 15 on target to their 4 shots.. gutted.

Unlucky mate, I know how you feel. When your strikers aren't firing it just annoys me. I had 9 cccs against barca and drew 1-1 because values decided to become the best gk in the game. My strikers finishing was a disgrace as well. Did you like the tactic though? What are your thoughts and critiques?

I think it creates alot of half chances but cant seem to create many clear cut chances. It was against Barcelona after all, anyway i'll carry on tomorrow and see how I get on.

I think it creates alot of half chances but cant seem to create many clear cut chances. It was against Barcelona after all, anyway i'll carry on tomorrow and see how I get on.

U have to wait mate. It takes a while. Stick with it and you wont be dissappointed

I'm adding the high pressure 433 just heat inter 3-0 with it away from home in the knock out stage after drawing 3 all at home.

Me still disagrees with you eventho I agree they play counter-attacking game, but they dont solely do that; They counter when they have the chance, but they also know when to take the breather, to slow the game a bit, holding up the ball. If Real gets the ball back in opposition's half, then they will try to look for quick counter attack but if e.g. Ramos (as CB) sweeps up for a GK kick, he will return it for Alonso or WB's/FB's and then they slow the it down. Its a mixed thingie :)

Real Madrid play arguably, the most entertaining football in Europe at the moment, averaging over 4 goals a game. Barcelona tactics seem to be an obssession on this forum (myself included :p), as people are always tying to recreate their tiki taka football and get Xavi to make a 100 + passes a game. The purpose of this tactic is to attempt to recreate the fluid counter attacking movemnets that Real Madrid showed towards the end of last season, and are currently doing this season.

PREMISE

Mourinho believes that Madrid's ability on the break would be the key to defeating Barcelona and is their key weapon against them. Mourinho has taken a lot of elements from Barcelona and I believe that this Madrid team will be the team to end the cycle.

Madrid now press very high up and go very hard from the get go with high intensity, score as many goals as possible in the first half then take a breather. Mourinho wants Madrid to win the game in the 1st half. Ronaldo is basically playing a false winger atm because he is coming inside to get the ball, I have checked out his average position as the season has been going on and he has been coming in more centrally. A false winger vs a false striker? lol

Madrid is given width on the left by Marcelo and and he is almost as high up as Alves is for Barcelona on the left. Madrid's ball retention has improved as well and they do not soley rely on counter attacking. The High Line implemented is possibly only due to having pacey CBs who can recover from balls played over the top. Ramos shifting from the RB to a CB was a Mourinho master stroke, as he is able to bring the ball out of play and start aattacks from the back were as before at the start of Mourinhos reign, Madrid used to bypass the MF completely and hoof it to the CF.

Alonso is quite possibly Madrid's most important player as he is their only link between defence and attack. Madrid usually suffer whn opponents are able to clsose him down and stop him from having a lot of time on the ball. All in All, this new Madrid have recaptured the imagination of football and has reminded the world that there is more than one way to play beautiful football, not just Barcelona's tkiki taka.

[video=youtube;8OJmakB_nK8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OJmakB_nK8&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

THE RESULTS

Team stats, Trophys attained, are all shown in the attachments. Ronaldo scored 60 goals all from the left wing XD.

THE A TEAM

GOAL KEEPERS: Casillas, Adan
CENTRAL DEFENDERS: Pepe, Ramos, Varane, Boccetti, Albiol
FULLBACKS: Marcelo, Azpilicueta, Coentrao
CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS: Alonso, Sahin, Khedira, Adam Vass, Gago, Javi Martinez
ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS: Kaka, Ozil, Marvin
WINGERS: Ronaldo, Willian, DI Maria,
STRIKERS: Benzema & Higuain

NOTES

• I created this tactic specifically for Real Madrid. I don't know whether other teams will yield the same results. I think it could work for Tottenham and teams that play with speed and quick ball movements.
  • Any CB you buy must be comfortable on the ball and be quick as well. The tactic utilises the highest line possible, so when long balls are played the CB should have the pace to cover as well.
  • The attackers must be quick and be good at dribbling as they need these to be able to fully utilise the counter attacking opportunities to the max, so going and buying a player like Berbatov would be completely foolish.
  • Set you CAM as the playmaker, your striker as the target man and set supply to run onto ball.
  • Be patient with the tactic. You will get results but the real beautiful goals will com halfway through the season.
  • Ronaldo is the second best player in thegame, but he gets very annoying because he shoots drom long distance and never passes whenever he and Benzema/Higuain are alone from a breaking attacking with the opposition GK. Prepare to be annoyed! If anyone has aa way of making him unlearn to shoot from distance and to stop being as selfish, give me a shout.
TACTICS

• Match shouts shown in attachments
I will try to add Some of the great goals I have scored using this tactic for all to see. Watch this space.

TACTIC AT WORK

Each clip is no more than 1 minute. Watch it to see if you think it emulates Madrid. Also my tactic is not a sit and counter tactic. The highlights are of the counters that happened. mourinho said he wants Madrid to scorE goals from inside their own half within less than 6-7 touches. The video highlights this part. I usually control games and I am mostly in the opposition half.

[video=youtube;YGArW-tzZUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGArW-tzZUk&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

[video=youtube;NU4TyADPGAY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU4TyADPGAY[/video]
every 1 going on about 3 tactics but i can only download 1 which is http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...-3-1jose-mourinhos-rm-r.-madrid-oct-2012-.tac

Amazing tactic, mate! I've beaten Barca 3-0 in the first leg of super copa easpaña and 4-3 away, with only 10 men for nearly a whole half, playing without any striker :) In the first league game i won 6-0... Looks promising :)

This looks promising, I'm going to give this a go with PSG in my upcoming 3rd season.

this tactic looks good might try it after 'mr d's wins for all'

Do you use your created 'shout' at the start of every game?

What uses match preparation, OI and lectures

Last edited:
As I said I am working on the 433 but I have scrapped the custom one due to it just replacing the left winger with a left deep lying playmaker beside the poacher.myouncan do that manually tbh. The 433 still needs a bit of tweaking. I will upload it when I'm done. Thanks do your interest.

Jibbers how many goals uve made and conceded during one season? Also give the average amount, me is just curious.