Joseph Kony

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 12K
I'm not fully sure what to think at the minute. The director/whatever that was in the film seems to me to be genuinely trying to help but I think even he is not fully aware of the story and consequences. My main flaw with the entire argument is the idea that too free these child soldiers we will have a war with an army made up of these child soldiers. Its boomed now anyway so there is no stopping the movement.

ive been raging about this all day, this sums it up better than my rambling (ask godcubed) visiblechildren.tumblr.com

the charity themselves are massively flawed, and have an F rating by the better business bureau

trying my best to educate facebook but it's a losing battle

I was born in Africa, lived there for a long time and know alot about these men, **** one of them I would call my former president!

And even I cannot try and tell the ignorant on Facebook that its not the full story... People are so naive its infuriating!

Invisible Children have a Better Business Bureau "F" rating. They have failed to submit reports since 2006 and are red flagged. You can also look at the financial statements they do post and see that they have an extremely large amount of administrative cost and they even try to list the bracelet campaign as an aid expense when it is actually an advertising expense for promotion and activism...it does not help the children. Actually less then 25 percent of what they take in goes to the field to aid children. Their offices are in one of the most expensive cities in the west coast. Scam.

Shady organisation. Awareness is good, but there are murderous tyrants in a whole more states of Africa, not just Uganda.

Hipsters trying to look cool supporting a good cause, when they're utterly clueless on it. I bet 90% who 'support' it haven't even watched the video. None of them will donate. None of them will care next week.

ive been raging about this all day, this sums it up better than my rambling (ask godcubed) visiblechildren.tumblr.com

It's true. He's been raging about it all day whilst I slaved away making a polished-up version of the patch for him to ruin with his unrealistic United player ratings.

This whole thing will blow over in a few days max.

It's true. He's been raging about it all day whilst I slaved away making a polished-up version of the patch for him to ruin with his unrealistic United player ratings.

This whole thing will blow over in a few days max.

When did you become Mike's *****?

Maybe these kiddies who are jumping all over this warlord in Uganda (made "famous" by an organisation who make the La Cosa Nostra look like "My Little Pony" collectors) had better take a look at the disgusting acts of their own country.

How many civilians are now dead in Iraq and Afghanistan? How drastically has the condition of those countries nose-dived since their "Liberation"? Why is Libyan life more sacred than Syrian life? Bigger things in the world need attention.

When did you become Mike's *****?

When I realised that if I kept on constantly trolling him he'd eventually go batshit insane. Now I intersperse my trolling with stuff he likes. Like databases, fried chicken, and pandas.

Maybe these kiddies who are jumping all over this warlord in Uganda (made "famous" by an organisation who make the La Cosa Nostra look like "My Little Pony" collectors) had better take a look at the disgusting acts of their own country.

How many civilians are now dead in Iraq and Afghanistan? How drastically has the condition of those countries nose-dived since their "Liberation"? Why is Libyan life more sacred than Syrian life? Bigger things in the world need attention.

Whats that got to do with Kony? This is more about educating people about the situation

We tried to help Syrians but Russia said no, no, no.

We tried to help Syrians but Russia said no, no, no.

Dont want this to be deflected away from Kony, but thats whole other angry story well worth its own thread.

Whats that got to do with Kony? This is more about educating people about the situation

Because Mr. Kony is the product of the increasingly flawed world we find ourselves in. A world where people try to appease their conscious by jumping on bandwagons like this.

I agree though, maybe this is a discussion for another day.

P.S. I need to scratch my ****, maybe I should ring Russia to see if it's okay.

Because Mr. Kony is the product of the increasingly flawed world we find ourselves in. A world where people try to appease their conscious by jumping on bandwagons like this.

I agree though, maybe this is a discussion for another day.

P.S. I need to scratch my ****, maybe I should ring Russia to see if it's okay.

Oh yeah, on that point about appeasing their conscience i agree wholeheartedly.

Re Russia: this is the big ******* flaw in the security council. But ive had one rage today already

Last edited:
Supporting campaigns against African dictators helps keep you conscious? I can see how this has caught on.

^.^

Whatever **** made the video is an evil corporate communist. The film was filmed almost a decade ago and has only been brought up to back up a new US bill to militarise the country. The child recruitment has gone down 80% and the whole area is far more peaceful than ever. The guys that made the film is a lobbying organisation and thus they deserve as much trust as a woman.

I've just realised this is a FM forum lol, shouldn't of made the thread, sorry lads :$

I've just realised this is a FM forum lol, shouldn't of made the thread, sorry lads :$

What are you on about? You posted it in the general chat section and people are discussing it. You are allowed to have a different view to the rest of the people on here you know, no one has directed anything at you, for once.

My local Federal Politician here in Australia just posted the video on his page on facebook.

/facepalm I voted for him to!

Back