Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give this a go with Rangers. Let you know end of the season.

I tryed it last night using Eds' FM Time Machine 1ST of july small with Tottenham brought a few players, pre season won every match 4 or 5 -0 and 1st match of the season vs man city I won 2-0. Quite good .
Its the best tactic ive used so far on FM2011, and im not just saying that beause i put it together, i do test other peoples too. Goal scoring wise its really good, especially when you consider its using standard mentality not attacking.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

I'll give this a go with Rangers. Let you know end of the season.
Cheer bud. Should wipe the floor in that league.

loved most of your previous tactics since the day i joined this site ;)

will definitely try it when i finally get the time to play fm, probably with a midtable team or below.

1ST match of the season with Spurs

Yey you're back making tactics. Gonna try this on my Preston save

Any tactic that gets Keogh to score 37 goals a season has to be worth trying out.. I'm already 18 [league] games into my save would it be okay to start testing it now, or would you rather I started a new game?

1ST match of the season with Spurs
They should be good for spurs, if i was going to liken the style of them to a current team or manager i would say Harry Redknapps Tottenham.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Any tactic that gets Keogh to score 37 goals a season has to be worth trying out.. I'm already 18 [league] games into my save would it be okay to start testing it now, or would you rather I started a new game?
You can try now, will take a few games to get your match prep fluid again but im sure it will still work. Who are you managing?

Yea I signed Owen as you selected poacher as a player style got Owen on a free and he partners Defoe/Pavluchenko

You can try now, will take a few games to get your match prep fluid again but im sure it will still work. Who are you managing?

Playing as Liverpool, currently first but I'll let you know how it goes.

Tryed him their he gets poor match rating.

I have started testing with Fulham, and after a couple of 1-0 wins and then defeats against Man Utd & Arsenal which were to be expected I hammered both Wigan & Aston Villa at home.

The corners are working well Samba & Hangeland are both proving threats, and it will be good to see if the good form continues :)

View attachment 121140 View attachment 121141

Yeah you get alot from corners with this Gallas is constontly scoring. Will add screenshots shortly

I'll try this tactic with Napoli, will let you know at the end of the season. May take a while though, as I've got my Liverpool game running too, but this looks good, can't wait to start seeing other peoples results, etc.

Here mate some screenies,

Here mate some screenies,
2-1 loss home to Brum (ouch) was early days though. I lost a few against teams i was expected to beat after missing about 30 attempts on their goal and them getting a fluky one down the other end. Some good results though.

From the first few games I've played with this tactic it seems to have worked well, the build up play is alright, not very exciting but it seems to break teams down pretty well. I've found that this formation is a little bit better away from home (maybe it's just a coincidence) I've had to up the tempo a few times at home to get results, although that is to be expected I guess, I'd say it's better to start with an attacking mentality at home anyway..

Results: W6 D2 L0

View attachment 121162

View attachment 121161
Interestingly in the United game I was on top for the majority of the match, I'm pretty sure that if I wasn't playing Pacheco and Jovanovic up front I would have won the game. I'll update again at the end of the season.

From the first few games I've played with this tactic it seems to have worked well, the build up play is alright, not very exciting but it seems to break teams down pretty well. I've found that this formation is a little bit better away from home (maybe it's just a coincidence) I've had to up the tempo a few times at home to get results, although that is to be expected I guess, I'd say it's better to start with an attacking mentality at home anyway..

Results: W6 D2 L0

View attachment 121162

View attachment 121161
Interestingly in the United game I was on top for the majority of the match, I'm pretty sure that if I wasn't playing Pacheco and Jovanovic up front I would have won the game. I'll update again at the end of the season.
Its up to you if you want to change things for home games but its worked fine for me both home and away. In my Ipswich save i lost 6 games in the season and 5 of those where away. I never changed anything. Your team will be used to your previous tactic so time to adjust is always needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.