Status
Not open for further replies.
At the beginning of November here are some more screenshots i beat Man Utd 3-1 coming from behind at old trafford Owen scored against his old club :)

View attachment 121294

View attachment 121297

View attachment 121295

View attachment 121300

View attachment 121296

View attachment 121299

View attachment 121298

I don't really need to write a lot as you'll be able to tell from the screenshots it's been a fairly good season. 2nd in the league, into 2 finals and got a few high scoring games.

It's not the best tactic you've uploaded, but if you were to tweak the defense a little and make that more solid I think it's be even better.. Scoring goals isn't the problem, but I did give away stupid/silly goals at important times and games.

Overall tho, I'd give it a 7/10 and only thing I'd say needs changing is the defense.

Good work, JP.

I think I'll be using this in my personal Villa save, so I'll keep you updated.​

going to start a game with watford today, i'll post some results up later :)

JP, i just started making my own tactics! i thought i was over my addiction to your tactics, well clearly this is not the case!

Jokes aside ill give this tactics a go when i get home after new years (if i dont have a massive headache :p)

View attachment 121294

View attachment 121297

View attachment 121295

View attachment 121300

View attachment 121296

View attachment 121299

View attachment 121298

I don't really need to write a lot as you'll be able to tell from the screenshots it's been a fairly good season. 2nd in the league, into 2 finals and got a few high scoring games.

It's not the best tactic you've uploaded, but if you were to tweak the defense a little and make that more solid I think it's be even better.. Scoring goals isn't the problem, but I did give away stupid/silly goals at important times and games.

Overall tho, I'd give it a 7/10 and only thing I'd say needs changing is the defense.

Good work, JP.

I think I'll be using this in my personal Villa save, so I'll keep you updated.​
Cant believe that league season, losing the title by one goal. You lost a few games that on paper you should of won which is disappointing. On top of that losing 2 finals :(

Your probably right that i have released better tactics before but this version of FM is harder than ever to create good plug and play tactics for, on top of that my best work doesn't usually come until the 3rd patch.

That said its still encouraging. Ive managed City a couple of times and they are actually more difficult to manage in the first season than people think. There is alot of disharmony in the squad so i think overall you have had a good season and were pretty unlucky at not winning at least one trophy. Well done and thanks for the test. |)

Right, finished season 1.

As you can see I managed the Treble (League/Scottish Cup and League). I agree with Carter, defense seems to be lacking a bit. Found myself being cut apart by teams of a lesser standard. Think the fact that my primary DM was injured for a good part of the season, and my back-up was poor, contributed to a few goals going in. There were a few matches where going forward, the players weren't able to string any good passes together and most shots were long. Wiess, my first choice Winger only got 6 appearances due to injury, which will have hurt the team as he's a very good winger, especially in the SPL.

On the whole though another good tactic JP. If defence can be tightened then it'll be solid. 7.5/10 for me.

Right, finished season 1.

As you can see I managed the Treble (League/Scottish Cup and League). I agree with Carter, defense seems to be lacking a bit. Found myself being cut apart by teams of a lesser standard. Think the fact that my primary DM was injured for a good part of the season, and my back-up was poor, contributed to a few goals going in. There were a few matches where going forward, the players weren't able to string any good passes together and most shots were long. Wiess, my first choice Winger only got 6 appearances due to injury, which will have hurt the team as he's a very good winger, especially in the SPL.

On the whole though another good tactic JP. If defence can be tightened then it'll be solid. 7.5/10 for me.
Yeah defence can be hit and miss, question is how to improve that without taking away anything from the attack. Maybe giving the full backs tight marking tick. Ill have a look at it and see if anything can be done. I do think a quality defensive midfielder to play in the ball winner role with good tackling and marking is essential.

Thanks for the test. Cheers.

Is it best to have a playmaker/target man set in this tactic or not?

I'm Man U by the way.

Last edited:
Am 1 game into my fulham second season.

Lost it lol. But I think I have the players for a top 6-8 finish, so i'll use this and let you know how i get on pal

Is it best to have a playmaker/target man set in this tactic or not?

I'm Man U by the way.
Just leave it as it is. If it was best to have them set they would be. ;)

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Am 1 game into my fulham second season.

Lost it lol. But I think I have the players for a top 6-8 finish, so i'll use this and let you know how i get on pal
Cheers dude.

Im in january with spurs top of the league by a point lost one match and a few draws.

I'm going to do it with Leicester, but to clarify, is it a balanced philosophy and standard strategy?

I'm just gonna tweek the defence slightly to see if I can stop conceding, my other tactic, just had the problem of not scoring, but very good JP. Thanks!

2-1 loss home to brum (ouch) was early days though. I lost a few against teams i was expected to beat after missing about 30 attempts on their goal and them getting a fluky one down the other end. Some good results though.

fml.

Mate. Seriously? It's the first game, teams take time to adapt to a tactic. Wait until you've done half at least of a proper season to make a judgement. It's people like you that are making him want to stop posting his amazing tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.