Status
Not open for further replies.
kinda bummed that your 4-2-3-1 got such a rough start that you dumped it :eek: - was sooo happy when i finally found a proper tactic using a OMC.. well, i also grapped the tactic almost as soon as it was released and it works really good for me - played as newcastle and managed to come in 6th, win the FA-cup and qualify for Europa League (kadlec, hazard and ben arfa really hit if of).. Just finished 2nd season and from next season newcastle will be playing in the Champions League :), finished 3rd - so really, dont get that the 4-2-3-1-tactic was downvoted :eek:

Anyways, your new tactic look pretty good :)

Sorry, i read the messages above and didnt quite understand. Has the 4-2-3-1 been removed? what was wrong with it?

Boro managed to have that much posession? With a tactic that is used by top players?! wow...

I used this JP Woody High Scoring 4-4-2 tactic with Middlesbrough, downloaded form the very first post in this topic, and it was absolutely no good. I may have been unlucky with this one, but... Familarity level and all the other stuff was all fluid, I had the right - or at least some good - players for the tactic, you know the ones Boro start with + one or two good signings, and I did not tweak anything. Here are the main issues I had with this tactic:

It did not create above average chances - actually using a normal 4-4-2 from the tactics already there, without tweaking anything, would probably have created more chances up front. The attackers seemed to be too easy to cover, just standing still around the opponents CBs, making them extremely hard to find for the midfielders, as they were well covered.

There is not enough players working in defense. At times you have four players waiting for the team to get the ball, just standing at the middle of the field doing nothing, which sometimes leaves your defense outnumbered, especially if their full/wingbacks are offensive enough. This does not get weighed up by my team scoring goals by counter attacks (or scoring goals in general), as you can see in the first issue.

I know that it has been stated that it is a OFFENSIVE tactic. But ****, the defense is so vulnerable all over. Even a simple through ball or a pass to the opponents forwards from the opponents midfielders are often a huge threath to my CBs.

These are my experiences. As I said I may have been unlucky with this tactic. None the less it simply did not work for me.

Any thoughts? - Please do not troll, as I have already stated that these are just my experiences.

I used this JP Woody High Scoring 4-4-2 tactic with Middlesbrough, downloaded form the very first post in this topic, and it was absolutely no good. I may have been unlucky with this one, but... Familarity level and all the other stuff was all fluid, I had the right - or at least some good - players for the tactic, you know the ones Boro start with + one or two good signings, and I did not tweak anything. Here are the main issues I had with this tactic:

It did not create above average chances - actually using a normal 4-4-2 from the tactics already there, without tweaking anything, would probably have created more chances up front. The attackers seemed to be too easy to cover, just standing still around the opponents CBs, making them extremely hard to find for the midfielders, as they were well covered.

There is not enough players working in defense. At times you have four players waiting for the team to get the ball, just standing at the middle of the field doing nothing, which sometimes leaves your defense outnumbered, especially if their full/wingbacks are offensive enough. This does not get weighed up by my team scoring goals by counter attacks (or scoring goals in general), as you can see in the first issue.

I know that it has been stated that it is a OFFENSIVE tactic. But ****, the defense is so vulnerable all over. Even a simple through ball or a pass to the opponents forwards from the opponents midfielders are often a huge threath to my CBs.

These are my experiences. As I said I may have been unlucky with this tactic. None the less it simply did not work for me.

Any thoughts? - Please do not troll, as I have already stated that these are just my experiences.

Its just you.

Uhm, very constructive reply, just exactly what i was hoping for. I can see that you are a fanboy though, so I won't take it as an offense.

A fanboy of what?

Yes you concede alot but you also score alot.

I had similar problems defensively with Boro, don't froget JP had this on 11.2 with Wheater and O'Neill and a transfer budget and in 11.3 you have a frail defence. I find that Boro need a DM in front of the defence to be more stable, but then of course I have difficulty scoring now.

You also have to give any tactic 20 games or so to let the team get used to it.

You could try getting the forwards to switch with each other so that they are harder to mark

There is nothing to see unfortunately. Way too busy at work and home to be playing FM.

Hey JP, I was trying ZeroSea's tactic with Juventus but it started going really bad so I'll be trying this one :)

Do have any advice related to tactic shouts like if i'm not being able to create chances, or if I need to protect a lead?

Started with Arsenal and its coming along nicely, only thing thats annoying me is i cant keep a clean sheet. Arsenal do have the worst goalies in europe as we all know so i bought Ochoa for the cheap option but he's also got greasy gloves. Would lowering defensive line help???

Last edited:
Used the JP Woody High Scoring for one season with Crewe. This is wha came out:

I became champion :D
ra7vc5.gif

Some pretty tough times though.
2q0lzqa.gif

I have to say that I used a heavily upgrades squad to realise this. Not that I cheated, but I did hire some high quality players, and I signed 6 good players, too good for npower league 2.
This includes:
Signed:
Nasser Daineche, Marco Pecorari, Badis Lebbihi, Andrea Parola, Carlos Merino, Wouter Jansen, Baba Iddi.
And I hired:
Nathan Baker (whole season), Andy Weimann (half season), Joao Silva (3 months), Daniel Pacheco (3 months) and Danny Ward (3 months)

But after all, this is a good tactic, works better for me than the 4-4-2 I used to play :)

JP

I know your a busy guy, but are you still working on the new 451 tactic?

Steve

JP

I know your a busy guy, but are you still working on the new 451 tactic?

Steve
No, couldnt really get it to work consistently and im too busy at work to work on it. Sorry. Ive lost interest messing about with tactics tbh so when i play i just use a basic default tactic. Its still the best way to go and most effective method IMO. Used the Barca tactic with Boro in the Prem and just about avoided relegation. Played the season over again only this time using a default 442 and finished 6th. I think that says it all.

No, couldnt really get it to work consistently and im too busy at work to work on it. Sorry. Ive lost interest messing about with tactics tbh so when i play i just use a basic default tactic. Its still the best way to go and most effective method IMO. Used the Barca tactic with Boro in the Prem and just about avoided relegation. Played the season over again only this time using a default 442 and finished 6th. I think that says it all.

Gutted to hear that JP, your High Scoring 442 from 11.2 patch was the best man! I won the League with every team I used it for. I understand that you got other commitments though, and that FM can be frustrating, especially the 11.3 patch! I don't think anyone has really created anything too special on this patch yet.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.