Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome Woody, will you ever try to recreate the Wenger tactic from 2012?

Thanks man, I was using your attacking 442 before the 13.2.3 patch was released and it was working like a charm, hopefully this one works too.

By the way, any idea if you'll rework that 442 formation so that it works in the new patch?

Ho JP, I'm a Juventus fan and I would suggest to change one of your forward in a trequartista, since Giovinco (always) and Vucinic (when playing with Matri or Quagliarella) come back often to take the ball and help to envelop the action. I'm not convinced in the target man, while the proacher is the right role for the other one. BTW, congrats for another great tactic!

Alright lads, can someone tell me if they think playing wing backs instead of wingers will work in this formation? Will be greatly appreciated, as I don't have hardly anyone that plays on the wings due to my usual tactics! Thanks in advance! :)

Just been trying with Blackburn, & my team doesn't seem to create many chances or score many goals but we're still unbeaten in 5 matches. I'll keep you posted.

Plugged it in the day before the match, my default match prep was attacking movement. I'm in 2019 so squad strengths are not default. I'm picked 2nd and tottenham 7th.

Rooney at the CM_A position either directly or indirectly created all 4 goals (at age 33 :) )

This is my favorite goal from the match, shows the great interplay of the defense, long balls to target man, and through ball to poacher.

edit: the target man has 15 jumping and 20 header by the way.

[video=youtube;FmfXo1nQUmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmfXo1nQUmw[/video]

Awesome Woody, will you ever try to recreate the Wenger tactic from 2012?

No sorry.

Thanks man, I was using your attacking 442 before the 13.2.3 patch was released and it was working like a charm, hopefully this one works too.

By the way, any idea if you'll rework that 442 formation so that it works in the new patch?

No sorry.

Ho JP, I'm a Juventus fan and I would suggest to change one of your forward in a trequartista, since Giovinco (always) and Vucinic (when playing with Matri or Quagliarella) come back often to take the ball and help to envelop the action. I'm not convinced in the target man, while the proacher is the right role for the other one. BTW, congrats for another great tactic!

This is only based on Conte's tactics. Doing exact copies of real life tactics doesn't always work. Sometimes you have to change things to make them work better on FM. I found the target man works great.

Last edited:
Excellent tactic, crushing my opponents with Juventus.

Alright lads, can someone tell me if they think playing wing backs instead of wingers will work in this formation? Will be greatly appreciated, as I don't have hardly anyone that plays on the wings due to my usual tactics! Thanks in advance! :)

I've answered this earlier in the thread. Wing backs are not as affective. Train your players to play in this formation if you don't have any, it wont take long.

Excellent tactic, crushing my opponents with Juventus.

Glad it works well with The Old Lady. Wouldn't be much of a Conte tactic if it didn't :D

Last edited:

the 442 still works with the new patch well it did for me

12th games in league 2, still doesnt work with my roterham :(
defense is very sloppy.. 1-0 and 1-2 after fullmatch, 2-0 and 2-2 or 2-3 after full match, and so on

getting frustrated LOL

View attachment 311157

Started up a new game with this to test it out. Went with Brisbane Roar in the A-League. They have a pretty decent team in Australia with a couple of really good players (Smith, Paartalu, Brioch, Henrique, Franjic and Berisha) I also signed Coe, Grella and Culina as they were really good free Aussie's

Anyway here are my results so far:

As you can see, i'm conceeding alot of goals! Seems like everytime the opposition kicks a long ball, it goes straight to one of there attackers and the 3 defenders at the back just let them run and shoot with the ball, this is happening all the time!

Here is my League table so far (predicted 2nd):

Going to keep using it for now and see how it goes, as I do love your tactics JP, but this one seems to be leaky at the back.

Look promising....try it with Valencia....match prep & training? thank's mate...

Tried this with City, Bale and Zaba are having a field day, as are Falcao and Aguero up front.. awesome.

update from me:
4 matches, 12 goals, 0 conceded.

In fact in 2 of the games, the other team didn't even get a SHOT until injury time. Not a shot on target, not a CCC. A single shot attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.