Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 14 games into the EPL season with Man Utd in 2019, and I've scored 36 goals and conceded 3. My media prediction is 2nd.

I breezed through my champions league group scoring 16 and conceding 2.

For all matches, I've used attacking movement for match prep, on 30%, except one match; at home against Man City I used defensive positioning. Still won 3-0.

I manually reduced all long shots to rarely, and use the tactic both home and away with no shouts, and no OIs.

I love the simplicity of the tactic and the way the team plays. I am playing 2-3 players out of position, even in defense, and my defense seems impenetrable.

Started with Man United 0-0 West Ham and Burnley 0-0 Man United. So it's defending brilliantly with 2 clean sheets. Any recommendations on how to get scoring? My strikers are Rodrigo, Rooney, Bony and Henriquez, what would be the best 2 and in which roles?

Started with Man United 0-0 West Ham and Burnley 0-0 Man United. So it's defending brilliantly with 2 clean sheets. Any recommendations on how to get scoring? My strikers are Rodrigo, Rooney, Bony and Henriquez, what would be the best 2 and in which roles?

You've only give it 2 matches?

No but it's a bit worrying when the tactic is at full fluidity and a team like United can't score. I'm not knocking the tactic; I was just asking what was the best combination for my strikers. I'm a bit of a noob anyway so sorry.

Last edited:
This looks brilliant JP. Will give this a go with Liverpool and let you know how i get on! (if i remember haha)

Conceding a lot from corners.... Someone else have his problem to?

Same for free kicks..... Played L'pool home, I was better (west ham) But they got 2 corners, 2 goals...

Chelsea away: 5-0!!! 2 free kick headed in, 2 corners and a big feault of a defender......

Last edited:
Loving this tactic... but there's just one thing...

Not scoring from many chances. There has been MANY MANY games where I've dominated the game with 25-2 in shots and still losing 0-2...

Now I'm up at 9 away game losses in a row, 99,9% of my attacks end with idiotic long shots.

Last edited:
If i dropped the wingers down to the FB position and sacrifice one of the centre backs to make a 4-5-1 formation with two advanced wingers uptop and a poacher, do u reckon it would work? I need a back up tactic for my Juve team

I find the tactic excellent at home, but struggling a lot with it when playing away games. Anyone using any tweaks for away games?

Works well in lower leagues as well by the way!
Started a new career, new patch and everything with Shrewsbury. Made a few signings only frees though but wow they killed it during the season, Soukouna scored 30 goals and got 12 assists from the left striker position and Bourabia got 18 assists and 6 goals from the LCM position. I finished 4th in the end and what I found was suring the CB positions really helped my team in january, high concentration and pace for CBs really helps I found! Got to the playoffs but lost in the final because Soukouna was out for 2 months and he was scoring for fun!

Trying it as well with Southampton in a network game as well!

Issues: Corners, concede ALOT from them. Otherwise works very nicely!

P.S. For the wingers what works better AML or WBL do they necessarily need to have good tackling?

Great tactic considering Shrewsbury were predicted 21st!

What a tactic mate !!
Unbelievable...
Tested it with Arsenal : 3 games 3 wins
Celtic: 4 games 4 wins
Nantes : 2 games 2 wins
Liverpool : 2 games 2 wins
Montreal Impact : 5 games, 4 wins, 1 lost

Congratulations !

What's the idea with the 3 x BPD? I'm starting what's going to be a long career as newport and i'm debating changing the defenders roles as conference defenders are rarely very cultured. Do you think this will ruin the tactic?

this tactic occasionally goes on long stretches where absolutely no chances are created at all. I can't really figure out what to do in those cases.

I'm still doing well, but just had a game where up until 75 minutes my team had 2 shots with 1 on target.

What's the idea with the 3 x BPD? I'm starting what's going to be a long career as newport and i'm debating changing the defenders roles as conference defenders are rarely very cultured. Do you think this will ruin the tactic?

So obviously the bpd's are there to supply the tm. What i've done is change the covering defender from a bpd to a cd so he plays short passes to anyone around who should be more cultured and can play a better pass. I think all 3 as bpd in the conference has to be overkill.

I usually don't comment or anything but this i the greatest tactic for this horrible last patch!!! Thank you JP Woody for another great tactic!!! This is the only tactic that really works for me in this 13.2.3 engine. However if i may ask for a more normal formation either a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2 too so i can fit the players i already have, i would be grateful!!! You seem to understand what needs to be done in this ME so that's why i am asking for this!!!! Anyway GREAT WORK on THE ONLY TACTICS THAT WORK ON 13.2.3!!!

After my bad results with Brisbane Roar using this tactic I decided to start a new game up with Hibernian in the SPL. They have a pretty decent team and a few good players that fit into this formation really well. Here are my results:

As you can see I have had a few decent results, but also a fair few bad ones and have been conceeding alot of goals.

Here is the League table(predicted 5th):

Lastly here is something that has never happened to me before in my CM/FM history:

I'm a bit gutted to be honest as I really like this formation, but just don't seem to be getting any luck with this tactic. Think I might take some time off FM these days, don't know if other people have noticed but this has been one of the hardest FM's because it's just too hard to keep any kind of consistancy. Seems like the ME just flips a coin to decide who wins!

Anyway thanks for the tactic JP. I'm glad it's working for other people, just a shame it hasn't worked for me.

A lot of credit for designing this tactic. Its by far the BEST and most CONSISTENT i have used. Despite spending hours designing my own 3 CB tactic, this blows mine away, lol. Its got my average team into Europe via an FA cup final defeat to Spurs. Consistently top half of premiership and doing well in Europe with average age of team only 22.

Target man and Poacher are important.

A quality tactic, well done JP.

Status
Not open for further replies.