Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing tactic!
8 matches: 6 wins, 2 draws(Athletic Bilbao)

From what I've seen so far (I've only played the second half of a match with this tactic), it works just as great, if not better (more consistent) than you 13.2.2's 4-4-2. Great work, JP!

Thanks man, I was using your attacking 442 before the 13.2.3 patch was released and it was working like a charm, hopefully this one works too.

By the way, any idea if you'll rework that 442 formation so that it works in the new patch?

No sorry.

Too bad. I love the 442 formation. And you certainly came out with a good one in 13.2.2.

Anyway, this one look VERY promising!
Havent seen a tactic receive so much attention and feedback shortly after the release (15 hours).

Will definitely include this one in http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-testing-project-football-manager-2013-a.html
I dunno why, feels like putting it on Juve. :D

Super. I plan on starting a long-term save as Fiorentina, when my new laptop gets here (which will be next week) - This tactic is virtually the same as what they play in-real-life, apart from they have 3CM's not a DM, but I guess that'll make it better defensively.

Jovetic/Rossi & Toni up-front should be deadly, too.

Considering it's pretty much the same formation I'd have made, I'll give it a test for 2/3 seasons when I start and give you some feedback.

going to try with my swansea team, il let you know you lil genius you

Just a quick one. Does anyone pay attention to the comments of the Assistant during the match? ie "We should encourage the players to play more direct"?

Sorry if this has already been explained

update from me:
4 matches, 12 goals, 0 conceded.

In fact in 2 of the games, the other team didn't even get a SHOT until injury time. Not a shot on target, not a CCC. A single shot attempt.

Screenshot of an 0-0 away match at Man Utd, what is interesting is United are blitzing everybody in the division yet look at what we reduced them to at home.

View attachment 311248

Super. I plan on starting a long-term save as Fiorentina, when my new laptop gets here (which will be next week) - This tactic is virtually the same as what they play in-real-life, apart from they have 3CM's not a DM, but I guess that'll make it better defensively.

Jovetic/Rossi & Toni up-front should be deadly, too.

Considering it's pretty much the same formation I'd have made, I'll give it a test for 2/3 seasons when I start and give you some feedback.

Ill look forward to seeing how you get on.

Started up a new game with this to test it out. Went with Brisbane Roar in the A-League. They have a pretty decent team in Australia with a couple of really good players (Smith, Paartalu, Brioch, Henrique, Franjic and Berisha) I also signed Coe, Grella and Culina as they were really good free Aussie's

Anyway here are my results so far:

As you can see, i'm conceeding alot of goals! Seems like everytime the opposition kicks a long ball, it goes straight to one of there attackers and the 3 defenders at the back just let them run and shoot with the ball, this is happening all the time!

Here is my League table so far (predicted 2nd):

Going to keep using it for now and see how it goes, as I do love your tactics JP, but this one seems to be leaky at the back.

You really need to be more patient. I explained in the OP that ive built my team over 4 seasons and the 1st season was a real struggle. Also when you have the correct players its anything but leaky at the back.

great results... can u show us your transfers? i'll try this tactic with some team from eastern europe...

As promised:

Season 1

View attachment 311249

Season 2

View attachment 311251

Season 3

View attachment 311252

Season 4

View attachment 311254

Last edited:
Screenshot of an 0-0 away match at Man Utd, what is interesting is United are blitzing everybody in the division yet look at what we reduced them to at home.

View attachment 311248

Ill look forward to seeing how you get on.

You really need to be more patient. I explained in the OP that ive built my team over 4 seasons and the 1st season was a real struggle. Also when you have the correct players its anything but leaky at the back.

As promised:

Season 1

View attachment 311249

Season 2

View attachment 311251

Season 3

View attachment 311252

Season 4

View attachment 311254

ty woody... only one question... right striker probably needs to be 190+ tall,have u tried to change taget man sup. from mixed to head?

Won the title and the cup with wisla krakow (predicted 3rd) now will let you know how I get along in 2nd season.. thanks!

ty woody... only one question... right striker probably needs to be 190+ tall,have u tried to change taget man sup. from mixed to head?

The target man doesn't necessarily need to be that tall or tall at all. Its always better to mix things up, stops the team becoming too predictable.

Working great so far with Spurs.
D
Defoe and Ade up top are perfect together.

5 games 5 clean sheets so far.

really starting to warm to this one.... starting to hit teams hard!

are you using any transfer updates life lfc? because whenever i use them downloaded tactics never seem to work or the tactics i download are rubbish lol

Jp's: my team talk :

PRE MATCH: ASK ASSISTANT

HALF TIME IF LOSING: AGGRESSIVE TALK

HALF TIME IF DRAWING: AGRESSIVE TALK

HALF TIME IF WINNING BY 1 GOAL "DON'T GET COMPLACENT"

HALF TIME IF WINNING BY 2 GOALS "YOU've PLAYED WELL BUT YOU're CAPABLE OF BETTER"

HALF TIME IF WINNING BY 3 GOALS OR MORE "YOU've BUILT A SOLID LEAD BUT THINGS CAN CHANGE, KEEP YOUR PERFORMACE LEVELS UP"

FULL TIME WIN OR GOOD DRAW: PRAISE

FULL TIME DEFEAT OR POOR DRAW: AGGRESSIVE TALK

I NEVER MET CALM BEFORE THE MATCH AND IS MUCH BETTER

Last edited:
I've answered this earlier in the thread. Wing backs are not as affective. Train your players to play in this formation if you don't have any, it wont take long.

Yeah but my wing backs aren't even natural yet, and I need them to be natural for another formation that I use. I will try it out anyway mate, as they are already competant so it shouldn't be too much of an issue anyway, just the only people I have who can play on the flanks are Gaston Ramirez and Jack Collison, Ramirez is fair enough, but Collison on the flank is a bit of a farce, as he has no pace and is obviously a natural centremidfielder. Would you recommend using this formation all the time, or just at home or just away? As the home tactic I use is solid mate, and I am crying out for a good tactic to use for my away tactic, could this be the one? Thanks in advance mate, really appreciate your help! :)

If you're going to use it then use it home n away like Ive said in the OP. I don't change anything.

are you using any transfer updates life lfc? because whenever i use them downloaded tactics never seem to work or the tactics i download are rubbish lol

No im not. Transfer updates wont affect performance though, only SI new patches can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.