Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Woody

Reaction score
INTRODUCTION

View attachment 311014

I've been becoming a big fan of Antonio Conte of late and his solid 352 system so thought id base what i hope are my final tactics for FM13 on his winning formula. Been testing with Boro and in my 4th season now and its been getting better season on season. I have them now at the top of the Premier league and performing well in the Champions League. However it has taken some hard work particularly in buying the right players. Getting promoted was a struggle but once i got up and got the money to buy the right players everything started to fall into place. Seasons results were inconsistent at the start of seasons though if id bought and sold a lot of players so bare that in mind.

This isn't an exact copy of Conte's tactics just based on it.

SEASON ONE CHAMPIONSHIP

PROMOTION THROUGH PLAYOFFS.

View attachment 311008

SEASON 2 PREMIER LEAGUE

5th PLACE FINISH AND FA CUP WINNERS

View attachment 311009

SEASON 3 PREMIER LEAGUE

4th PLACE FINISH, FA CUP WINNERS, CHARITY SHIELD WINNERS, LEAGUE CUP WINNERS, EURO LEAGUE WINNERS.

View attachment 311010

SEASON 4 PREMIER LEAGUE CURRENT STANDINGS

View attachment 311013

PLAYER ATTRIBUTES

GOALKEEPER:
Good solid keeper makes all the difference, look for handling, reflexes, one on ones.

3x BALL PLAYING CB's: Ideally cultured defenders well trained in the art of defending, look for concentration, marking and tackling

1x DEEP LYING PLAYMAKER The Pirlo role and the starter of attacks as well as somebody to break up play, look for passing, creativity and teamwork

2x SUPPORTING WINGERS: The main supply to the forwards but will also defend when needed, look for crossing, passing and stamina.

1x SUPPORTING CM: All round midfielder to help both attack and defence, look for passing, tackling and work-rate.

1x ATTACKING CM: this guy will get forward to help the strikers and create chances, look for passing, creativity, and teamwork.

1x SUPPORTING TARGET MAN: focal point of attacks and the link between the attack and midfield, the right player here will make a huge difference, look for heading, strength, technique

1x ATTACKING POACHER: the guy who will benefit most from the target man, look for finishing, anticipation, and composure

TRAINING

Individual and coaches i let the assistant sort it out.

my team training is the set up shown in this screenshot:

View attachment 311015

I USED NO SHOUTS

I CHANGED NOTHING HOME OR AWAY

I USED NO OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS

IF YOU GET SOMEBODY SENT OFF TAKE OFF THE DEEP LYING PLAYMAKER AND PLAY 3-4-2 BUT CHANGE THE SUPPORTING CM INTO A DEFENSIVE DEEP LYING PLAYMAKER.

TEAM-TALKS

PRE MATCH

"for the fans" (CALM)

If playing a rival then use (PASSIONATE)

HALF TIME

LOSING: Aggressive talk

DRAWING: Aggressive talk

WINNING BY ONE GOAL: "you are playing well so far but there is still room for improvement" (CALM)

WINNING BY TWO GOALS OR MORE: "you might have a solid lead but that could all change, keep your performance levels up" (CALM) OR IF THAT'S NOT THERE USE "don't get complacent out there despite the score" (CALM)

FULL TIME

WIN OR GOOD DRAW: Any praise talk

LOSS OR POOR DRAW: Any aggressive talk

SCREENSHOTS OF VARIOUS MATCHES

View attachment 311017View attachment 311018View attachment 311019View attachment 311020View attachment 311021View attachment 311022View attachment 311023View attachment 311024View attachment 311025

I think that's everything, follow what ive done or try something different, it may work or may not, have patience though. Good luck. JP.

Last edited:
great results... can u show us your transfers? i'll try this tactic with some team from eastern europe...

This looks very interesting, I have taken an interest into Conte's tactics as well and I am definitely going to give this a shot. Any teams in particular you would like me to try this out with Woody and I will be happy to oblige? :)

great results... can u show us your transfers? i'll try this tactic with some team from eastern europe...

Most of my team are on the formation screenshot on the OP. I'll put transfers on later when im back on my computer.

This looks very interesting, I have taken an interest into Conte's tactics as well and I am definitely going to give this a shot. Any teams in particular you would like me to try this out with Woody and I will be happy to oblige? :)

Try with Juventus, they should have the perfect squad for it.

wow looks good will give it a go with my juv save do you think it could work for team that play below blue square bet north?

Finally a proper tactic to play with Juve. Always have to play with them with 4 defenders..

Good job you've done there with 'Boro :)

wow looks good will give it a go with my juv save do you think it could work for team that play below blue square bet north?

Yeah why not. As long as you have the players to fit the tactic, positionally I mean, not necessarily ability wise. That would be hard in the lower leagues.

Would you say the CBs are key to this tactic? Thinking about using it with my Southampton save but my CB options are limited! Got Strandberg, Yoshida, Fonte and Doria

Yeah why not. As long as you have the players to fit the tactic, positionally I mean, not necessarily ability wise. That would be hard in the lower leagues.
ok thanks im using your 442 at the mo and its working like a charm so will defo give this a go

Would you say the CBs are key to this tactic? Thinking about using it with my Southampton save but my CB options are limited! Got Strandberg, Yoshida, Fonte and Doria

Yes but when I started they were awful and could be better now if im honest. Part of the joy is putting a system in place and buying the players to fit the system and hopefully watching your team get better and better.

How essential is it that the target man is strong in the air? Could a player who is strong and mentally sound perform well as the supply is set to mixed? Top end example, but someone like Wayne Rooney perhaps?

Excellent stuff JP!

This is starting to become one of my favourite formations. Have you tried using wing backs in the wingers roles?

How essential is it that the target man is strong in the air? Could a player who is strong and mentally sound perform well as the supply is set to mixed? Top end example, but someone like Wayne Rooney perhaps?

The supply to him is on mixed so you can get away with a Wayne Rooney easily.

Excellent stuff JP!

This is starting to become one of my favourite formations. Have you tried using wing backs in the wingers roles?

Yes it wasn't as effective plus using wingers gives more options in the transfer market.

Yes it wasn't as effective plus using wingers gives more options in the transfer market.

What about someone like Jetro Willems, he is a full back, but is good in attack, if re-trained to ML, would he still be effective?

gonna try with wisla krakow.. gonna let you know!
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.