JP Woody's Wenger Style Tactics 12.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Woody

Reaction score
Ok people, here is my final tactic for FM 12 as promised. This time i wanted to do something a little different from the Clough/Germany tactics and go with the flamboyant beauty of Wenger's tactics (moaning and winging not included)

Used them again with Heerenveen. Won the domestic double first season. Going even better into season 2 despite selling all my best players. Going well in the Champions League too. My new 750K Nigerian striker Ighalo has 20 goals in 10 games.

These are only based on Wenger's style and my own interpretation. Obviously everyone has different opinions on his style but bare in mind that I've had to copy his style but more importantly get them to actually work within the game so it cant be an exact copy of Wenger's tactics, simply because we would get raped every game. Near as can be though.

The tactic is again my favourite formation 4-2-3-1. Sorry to all the people who wanted me to make a flat 442, a few reasons behind it but the main one being 442 is so inconsistent within the game, at least i find it to be. Also wingers who play in a flat 442 are so thin in numbers in the game.

To get the best out of these tactics you need to think like Wenger when it comes to players. Pace and Technique are vital in the forward areas.

Here is the low down on the Positions.

GOALKEEPER: Your last line of defence, key attributes are Reflexes, Handling and One on ones.

FULLBACKS: They will support the attack when in possession but also need to get back when not so look for attributes in Stamina, Tackling and Crossing.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS: You don't need no fancy Dan's here, you want solid and dependable warriors. Think Adams and Keown. Strength, Heading and Concentration.

BALL WINNING MIDFIELDER: Your Patrick Viera. Big imposing midfield player, preferably over 6ft tall and build like a brick **** house. Tackling, Strength, Positioning and Heading.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER: This player will look to get forward and create whenever possible. Look for Passing, Creativity and Technique.

WINGERS: Think more Marc Overmars than Theo Walcott, we want end product here. Pace and Acceleration obviously. Dribbling, Crossing and Creativity to make all that running worthwhile.

TREQUARTISTA: The main creative force of your team. The Bergkamp, the Fabregas, the play-maker. This guy needs to be a gifted player, your most gifted player. Most things will go through him. Technique obviously, also Creativity, Passing, Flair and Finishing for that extra bit of devastation.

POACHER: The cherry on the cake if you like. In my save he has scored for fun. The Ian Wright/Henry of your team. Pace, Acceleration, Finishing and composure.

Hopefully thats given you a taste of the kind of players you should be looking to bring into the squad. Obviously Rome was not built in a day and neither was a successful footy team. Built patiently and methodically.

NEED TO KNOW:

PITCH:
Think more Highbury than Emirates and go for Small.

TEAM TALKS: Everybody cringe. If this is where you struggle don't put previous experience as Sunday League footballer, you'll end up with about as much respect as Steve Kean and Terry Connor. Go Automatic or above. I usually go for a fans based team talk pre match and if winning a don't get complacent based team talk at HT. If losing i give them the Hairdryer. Listen to your *** Man though, he can guide you. I do tend not to give any praise until Full time though. Patting on the back at HT usually leads to a 2nd half collapse and capitulation in my experience.

MATCH PREP Attacking Movement. Could it be anything else with Wenger.

SHOUTS AND OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS: As a Practicing lazy ******* i never use either but its a tactic built using the wizard so if its your thing go ahead. If it don't work though dont blame me. Just stop using them.

CORNERS: Always make sure your left winger takes them for best results.

POST MATCH INTERVIEWS: If the ref gets a decision wrong in your favour then you should answer "i didn't see it" If you lose then it was down to the oppositions disgraceful tactics chopping your players in half and basically refusing to lay down and die and let you win. A little Wenger joke there before i get some nooby questions about it :p

I think thats everything, any questions please go to the thread. Hope they work for you as well as they are for me. If not don't cry like a Wenger. Its only a game after-all.

Regards JP

More solid 4-4-2 version now added.
Won champions League and Premier League with Middlesbrough using it.

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Good to see you again JP - will certainly be trying this out.

Going to use Newcastle in a new save to see how this fares.

He's back! Looking forward to giving this a go. Do you have screenshots of the actual formation?

I love how you always make your tactics with sc Heereveen, good team, indeed. I give it a try maybe on a new game perhaps also with Heereveen, hehe. I loved your previous tactics, due to being unbeaten in Australia as Gold Coast United.

hey Woody!

WB back!! i will give it a go tonight with PSV :) another question : Would you mind to post or PM me your transfers in/out with Heerenveen over the 1st and 2nd season !?

Thanks!

Any team preference for testing? I will be writting this up as an article for the home page so it better be good ;)

may i ask why you sold Narsingh?? as he is a future talent!?

Hey Woody, nice to have you back :)

regarding the tactic, its all left as default? all the roles! High freedom as well, which wont suit many other teams besides the top 6 or so :) plus the treq which is hard to find and for a team in the EPL not the greatest player to have: eg: Berbatov, lazy player...

I have never tried your tactics before and have loaded it up, playing in the final game of my season :) see the league table... It's a big one! have made a few little changes however

View attachment 235358

may i ask why you sold Narsingh?? as he is a future talent!?

Unfortunately he and all the rest of the big sales wanted to move to a bigger club. Cant be arsed with moaning players. Im all for a happy camp.

Good to see a new tactic from you JP. Will give these a go with everton when i get a bit of time. My mrs is due to give birth in 7 days so wont have much spare time lol

Hey Woody, nice to have you back :)

regarding the tactic, its all left as default? all the roles! High freedom as well, which wont suit many other teams besides the top 6 or so :) plus the treq which is hard to find and for a team in the EPL not the greatest player to have: eg: Berbatov, lazy player...

I have never tried your tactics before and have loaded it up, playing in the final game of my season :) see the league table... It's a big one! have made a few little changes however

View attachment 235358

I wouldn't say my Heerenveen side are particularly gifted, especially as ive sold all my star players and replaced them with kids and a cheap nomad striker, we are still over achieving in both Domestic and European comps. As for the Treq, i have Djuricic playing there and he is doing great despite not being overly blessed with ability. I don't really pay too much attention to the role names as such, they are just player settings to me and i choose the best ones that work. Thanks for the input though.

View attachment 235367

After a little tweak here and there to suit my players and take off some of the freedom (as I dont like playing with too much) we had a nice game! Bayern lost on 4:2 which was great, but did not matter at the end...

After going 2:0 by halftime I switched to control and the possession increased from mid 50's to late 60's..

Nice football though! This is what I call a Touchline Shout tactic (I have 3) which use certain team instructions but default player roles, certain shouts used at certain times really impact the tactic :)

As you, this is my favored formation as well... Nice work JP! (this will be one of my 3 tactics for next season, getting a bit bored of my 442 Amazing tactic)

View attachment 235365View attachment 235366

Hi JP

See about 10 games into the season teams get use to your tactic

Do u have a backup one or do u change it about a bit

Thanks

Anyone wanting to know what to do if one of your players gets sent off should look at this. A difficult away match for me in the CL against Benfica. Started brilliant and went a goal up after 2 mins. Then on 6 mins my CB gets red carded DISASTER! In this situation its the Treq that has to be sacrificed, or if he can play wide and he is better than your winger take the winger off and put him out wide. We ended up drawing this 1-1 but that was a good result under the circumstances.

View attachment 235372

Hi JP

See about 10 games into the season teams get use to your tactic

Do u have a backup one or do u change it about a bit

Thanks
No. I was thinking of turning it into a flat 442 which would be easy enough to do, and just means moving 3 players. Using that as plan B but havent felt the need yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.