JP Woody's Wenger Style Tactics 12.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to start a new save and selected Roma as the team I was going to test this tactic out with. With Totti as the Treq and Bojan as the Poacher I thought the team selection was a good one, even though Roma do have slightly below average wingers.

Pre-season went well, won 4 games and drew 1.

Then the season started. In 14 games across all competitions I only won 2 matches, drew 1 and lost the rest which ultimately led to me being sacked in the fastest amount of time I have personally experienced in any FM game.

I will not be using this tactic again. I'd like to hear from anyone who has used this tactic with Roma to see if it is one of those cases where a tactic just simply doesn't work with a team/in a league or if I was just struck with the worst streak of results I have experienced.

I have just completed my first season using this tactic with my Ajax save.I won the league with three games to spare but had a torrid time in Europe and the Dutch Cup.Mounier El Hamdoui scored 37 goals from the poacher position and Eriksen could of been made for the AMC role.
I am going to try this tac with a few other teams around Europe starting with Schalke although i quite fancy a crack at Roma after reading the previous post.
Good tactic......(for me anyway)

I decided to start a new save and selected Roma as the team I was going to test this tactic out with. With Totti as the Treq and Bojan as the Poacher I thought the team selection was a good one, even though Roma do have slightly below average wingers.

Pre-season went well, won 4 games and drew 1.

Then the season started. In 14 games across all competitions I only won 2 matches, drew 1 and lost the rest which ultimately led to me being sacked in the fastest amount of time I have personally experienced in any FM game.

I will not be using this tactic again. I'd like to hear from anyone who has used this tactic with Roma to see if it is one of those cases where a tactic just simply doesn't work with a team/in a league or if I was just struck with the worst streak of results I have experienced.

That is unbelievably bad. I don't know whats happened but i wouldn't expect any tactic to perform so badly with Roma. Maybe its a team-talk or a team morale thing, i don't know. I'm very tempted to try with Roma myself though to find out if its really that bad.

That is unbelievably bad. I don't know whats happened but i wouldn't expect any tactic to perform so badly with Roma. Maybe its a team-talk or a team morale thing, i don't know. I'm very tempted to try with Roma myself though to find out if its really that bad.

I can't really pin down what went wrong to be honest. I think after the first few loses the team just went into a downwards spiral or maybe it is just bad luck. I'm half tempted to start again and I'm sure we would see vastly different results.

Looking good so far. Won 3 out of 4 games of the season, 5-1 victory against Bayern was particularly impressive. Will keep you posted. I'm playing with Dortmund.

After some questionable defensive displays I've decided to tweak it a little. Changed one of the CBs to a covering role so the team is no longer using the offside trap. Results highlighted from Ajax onwards are how its done.

View attachment 236887

Finished 2nd with the toon and won fa cup.there was no stoping man u they finished about 8 points above me.still love the tactic and start of second season just signed Ramsey for 20 mil.hope this tactic wins me the prem in coming season.

JPWoody:
Do you go for another starting strategy in away games? Or is it the same all season?

cheers

finished first season won everything going scoring well over hundred goals in league and scored over 100 points, rooney won golden boot,player of the year finished seas with about 70 gls:) hernadez was also on fire with munain as treq wingers also tearing defences apart with nearly every player avr over 7.50 love this tactic !!!!!!:wub:

My striker Odion Ighalo who i bought for a bargain 725k from Udinese now has 97 goals in 61 games.

He as also won:

Eredvisie top goalscorer.
Young African Footballer of the year.
UEFA Champions League golden boot.
Adidas European golden shoe.
African Footballer of the year.
African Striker of the year.

An amazing season and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.