JP Woody

Reaction score
Hi guys, not played FM in quite a while due to other commitments. Just started playing again and made a brand new tactic based on Brendan Rodgers Diamond tactic, high tempo which looks to blitz the opposition early. Ive been really impressed with Liverpool this season like many others im sure.

View attachment 384904

Ive only used this tactic over 2 seasons with Dortmund so it may not work with smaller clubs, in those 2 seasons ive won 2 German league titles, 1 German cup, and 1 champions league.

View attachment 384900View attachment 384899View attachment 384897View attachment 384897View attachment 384895View attachment 384892View attachment 384900

No opposition instructions used.

Match training Defensive positioning 50%

General training Fitness 50% (average intensity)

Rest before match unticked.

Rest after match ticked.

Individual training leave to assistant.

Team talks:

Follow the advice of your assistant manager in a calm manner.

Pitch as big as possible (not important)

Players, just buy best you can afford, pace up front an advantage though.

Hope you have as much fun as i am with them.

EDIT 22/06/14 Uploaded the new more defensively sound Blitz V2.

EDIT 30/06/14 Uploaded new even more attacking Blitz V3 (total football)

Also changed teamtalks to follow assistant managers advice, changed match training to defensive positioning.

Last edited:
Welcome Back Jp :) i try now ur tactis...whit liverpool or tottenham ^^

Gonna test with dortmund 2 :) are you playing offensiv away too? and what about match training during season?

PS: who did you sign 1st season?

how come you dont use any player intructions?

Because they're not needed.

Gonna test with dortmund 2 :) are you playing offensiv away too? and what about match training during season?

PS: who did you sign 1st season?

Yes home & away. Training is in the opening post, match training tactics only. Only players ive signed are Mauro Icardi and Sami Khedira.

Enjoying a superb start with Augsburg in Bundesliga. Predicted 17th, but I'm sitting in 3rd position after 13 games.
Awesome work as always, JP Woody! :)

View attachment 579065

Good to see it working with an underdog team.

Last edited:
Hi woody, why dont you use counter? Would you say attacking strategy is better for counter attacking/fast approach?
do you think it is better to alternate between the two? How would you suggest?

Hi woody, why dont you use counter? Would you say attacking strategy is better for counter attacking/fast approach?
do you think it is better to alternate between the two? How would you suggest?
The tactic is attacking home & away. It's attacking because that's what I found worked best with this. Just plug and play.

Has a nice look about it was thinking about giving it a go with Everton I can never be asked doing the teamtalks would a good *** man do just as good a job? Thanks

not going well for me

Everton at home I got smashed 7-1, Cardiff away I got smashed 5-1 & Palace at home I got beat 3-1.

this seems to me that if you have hassle opponents & push up higher in the team instructions the other teams will hit you on the counter and always get goals

The tactic is attacking home & away. It's attacking because that's what I found worked best with this. Just plug and play.
Hi, am not using your tactic. Am just creating my own counter attack and was looking for an advice from someone experienced like you. It seems like the counter mentality is quite flawed as I keep inviting teams to attack me, yet I waste any chances I got.

Look who's back! :D

Very curious to try your tactic, my friend ;)

Hi, am not using your tactic. Am just creating my own counter attack and was looking for an advice from someone experienced like you. It seems like the counter mentality is quite flawed as I keep inviting teams to attack me, yet I waste any chances I got.

Counter is a bit hit and miss. Works ok for underdog teams but then falls flat against teams your expected to beat. I prefer to attack teams and try to win every game.

not going well for me

Everton at home I got smashed 7-1, Cardiff away I got smashed 5-1 & Palace at home I got beat 3-1.

this seems to me that if you have hassle opponents & push up higher in the team instructions the other teams will hit you on the counter and always get goals

I don't think that's necessarily true, certainly not always true or i wouldn't of had bags of success with it. Things can take a while to get going, particularly if your starting a new game and your reputation as a manager hasn't yet been built up.

Here i started a new game with Heerenveen with my past experience Sunday league footballer, as you can see from the screenshot i started poorly but its turning round quickly. Always give a tactic at least 10 games.

View attachment 382902