With high defensive line and offside trap activated, wouldn't a Sweeper Keeper make more sense? He could potentially take away some long balls over the top of the high-standing defense.

Giving this a go with my Watford save

Post SS of your save. Let us know how it goes.

With high defensive line and offside trap activated, wouldn't a Sweeper Keeper make more sense? He could potentially take away some long balls over the top of the high-standing defense.

I am merely trying to recreate Klopp, and as far as I am aware he has Mignolet performing like a traditional goalkeeper, albeit Karius who I think is suitable for the sweeper role. But I think he simply bought Karius because he is better passer than Mignolet. And what you say makes sense, and I use a sweeper keeper in other of my high pressing tactics. You can tweak it and it will definitely work.

The first 4 games using this tactic with Arsenal has been impressive, all wins, very nice football and solid in defence. However one tweak i made was to work the ball into the box as i thought my players were shooting too much from distance, will post update with screens after the season.
Cheers!

The first 4 games using this tactic with Arsenal has been impressive, all wins, very nice football and solid in defence. However one tweak i made was to work the ball into the box as i thought my players were shooting too much from distance, will post update with screens after the season.
Cheers!

Nice to hear it's working for you. I did notice the long shots that and did nothing about it because that is how Liverpool do play, take a lot of shots, but the tweak is a good option.

I'm scoring goals then I'm renewing.how can i solve

I don't know what you mean by renewing?

Will try this with Monaco...

Post a SS of your save.

Nice to hear it's working for you. I did notice the long shots that and did nothing about it because that is how Liverpool do play, take a lot of shots, but the tweak is a good option.

I don't know what you mean by renewing?

Post a SS of your save.
Sory i am scoring later conceded gol...

What attributes should you generally look for in a player? Work rate, stamina and determination are obvious I assume. Any other crucial?

What attributes should you generally look for in a player? Work rate, stamina and determination are obvious I assume. Any other crucial?

Spot on mate. I do though prefer players to have high natural fitness as you need players to recover quickly.

Last edited:
15 points clear at the top of the premiership after 28 games with liverpool using this tactic. I did have quite a large size clear out of squad players to build up quite a sizable transfer kitty to bring in two decent ball playing centre backs and a quality box to box CM (fabinio) - just like klopp should do in the real world!

I did make the suggested change to team instructins to work the ball into the box as i didn't like the number of opportunities being wasted with shots from outside the box.

Other than the 3-1 defeat away at Arsenal, my team has been dominant against top 6 teams and beat Real Madrid home and away in the CL ground stages!

Very happy with this tactic

Sory i am scoring later conceded gol...

I understand your concern. Because the tactics is very intensive, it requires players to be fit to last the full game. If you are conceding towards the end, I would recommend to lower the tempo to normal or lower and also retain possession. Also you can reduce closing down to higher and change the mentality to control. These chances should allow you to play possession based football and retain the ball much better and possibly preserve your lead.

Do you think I can use this tactic on a national team?

15 points clear at the top of the premiership after 28 games with liverpool using this tactic. I did have quite a large size clear out of squad players to build up quite a sizable transfer kitty to bring in two decent ball playing centre backs and a quality box to box CM (fabinio) - just like klopp should do in the real world!

I did make the suggested change to team instructins to work the ball into the box as i didn't like the number of opportunities being wasted with shots from outside the box.

Other than the 3-1 defeat away at Arsenal, my team has been dominant against top 6 teams and beat Real Madrid home and away in the CL ground stages!

Very happy with this tactic
What changes did you make

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Update This tactic

Hello guys ! Can you update this tactic please

Using this tactic with Arsenal on FMT. So far not so good but I'll give it some time. Offense is great Im shooting 15-20 shots on every match but I'm conceeding too many goals too.

What are your player recomendations? Especially for CB position.