kandersson's 4-2-3-1 Lefty - won in style Italian serie C2

nothing dude...i m suprise beat real for 7-1 and CR7 doenst play the final xD...i will start new game with Porto and i given you more feedback!!!

Gonna give this a try with Shimizu S-pulse
I'll post screens later, this looks very good! I've always been a fan of 4-2-3-1

nothing dude...i m suprise beat real for 7-1 and CR7 doenst play the final xD...i will start new game with Porto and i given you more feedback!!!

cool! I'm glad my tactic is working well for you, thank you so much for the deep testing and the extensive feedback, I appreciate it a lot! keep it up!

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

Gonna give this a try with Shimizu S-pulse
I'll post screens later, this looks very good! I've always been a fan of 4-2-3-1

Thanks, feedback always appreciated!

btw, isn't that J-league? I used to play it in the 2003-2004 game, too bad SI stopped getting the licence since then. You have a custom database for J-league?

yeah, up to date teams and everything
I can find the link for you if you want?
btw tactic is working great so far but I've noticed I'm picking up a lot of injuries
Im not sure if it's to do with my players or the tactic

yeah, up to date teams and everything
I can find the link for you if you want?
btw tactic is working great so far but I've noticed I'm picking up a lot of injuries
Im not sure if it's to do with my players or the tactic

if you can pass me the link that would be great!

injuries most likely not caused by tactics, maybe your training schedules are too heavy right now? or maybe just bad luck!

thanks a ton manabujboi, will try my luck in Japan soon... Urawa Reds were my favorite back in 2003-2004! cheers!

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

Wich size of pitch you use?

always used standard in my testings, though I have the feeling that a minimum pitch (along with playing narrower) could be the best fit for this tactic. Just an impression, though. As always, feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:
I have a problem with this tactic? I also play with pro patria but I conceed to many goals ... and also dont strike a lot ... I dont now were is the problem ... also my sarno dont strike maybe 2 goals in 20 matches ... I dont what to do ? Can you help me how? any advise ...thank you

I have a problem with this tactic? I also play with pro patria but I conceed to many goals ... and also dont strike a lot ... I dont now were is the problem ... also my sarno dont strike maybe 2 goals in 20 matches ... I dont what to do ? Can you help me how? any advise ...thank you

Well this tactic worked really well for me both in C2 and C1, then I had do tweak it for serie B as my team was just average at best for that standard and had to take a more cautious stand.

There, I moved the MCR at DMCR to have more protection, and also moved AMC at FC/deep-lying forward to have a more direct approach, as my team lacked quality attacking midfielders to support that kind of passing system at serie B level. Also I tweaked individual mentalities to make players closer to each other.

I found those things to help (now I'm 4th mid-season in serie B after I restart a game with San Marino in C2), but I still think with the right players the old 4-2-3-1 can dominate serie C in style!

Can I ask you some questions: did you sign some players to fit the tactic (I know for sure Pro Patria has a nice budget)? Where are you playing Sarno (AMR worked magic for me)? How's the players' morale? Also keep in mind that sometimes wrong teamtalks can destroy any team or tactic...

Last edited:
hi thx for tactic.i have some questions

are you using any OI before matches ?
are you using any SI while in matches ?

thx for answers..

hi thx for tactic.i have some questions

are you using any OI before matches ?
are you using any SI while in matches ?

thx for answers..

I'm not the biggest fan of OI as I feel they tend to distract players from their duties and disrupt team balance. I do use tight marking always & weaker foot for STs, and weaker foot also against inside forwards (e.g. Messi at AMR).

One thing I'm using right now and finding quite effective is setting AMR/L to man mark on opposite MR/L or AMR/L, with fullbacks on zonal marking: this way wingers finally track back a bit and help defending the flanks, without losing much on offence. Maybe give it a try.

SI according to match strategy. I usually like pass into space and exploit flanks. When defending a lead I use drop deeper, stand off, clear to flanks.

Last edited:
Sarno plays on AMR ... I won C2 by 3 points dif ference ... now Im in C1 its more difficult...and also I sign some player : Depetris , Pablo Sanchez , Grandoni ,Pecorari, Grea , Vincenzo Bernardo .... did you won C1 in second season or?

Sarno plays on AMR ... I won C2 by 3 points dif ference ... now Im in C1 its more difficult...and also I sign some player : Depetris , Pablo Sanchez , Grandoni ,Pecorari, Grea , Vincenzo Bernardo .... did you won C1 in second season or?

Yeah I won C1 immediately, though I didn't dominate like C2 and had not cup success due to lack of squad depth.

Pecorari is very good for C1, play him at DCL (the one not covering) and set him stand on far post on corners (swap DCs corner settings), he will score a lot.

Depetris still good in C1, despite being somewhat injury prone.

Sarno was great for C2 but in C1 I had him as a good back up. For AMC/AMRL I can recommend you Paonessa (great, trained him at AMR he's doing fine even in B), Petrucci (wonderkid from Man Utd for FREE in C1, serie A potential, also ST) then Siligardi and Scardina.

Bernardo was just a decent backup for me but at some point I managed to sell him to some serie B side for 150k euros. Not sure he can be your reliable first choice striker though. If you haven't bought Cesarini, you can try to get Tiboni (great) or brazilian veteran Rodrigo Mendes, 35 years old but still good at ST or AMC.

Also give a look to Venezuelan brothers Gabriel & Alejandro Cichero for defence, and veteran midfielder Parola (free), these would be great signings for C1.

Hope it helped, let me know your progress through the season!

Truly amazing tactic!

Just wrapped up the entire season with this, and I've got to say it's a tactic everyone should give a try!

as you can see, a great result against inter despite being expected to get thrashed which led us on to win the world club championship!
along with that I won the league cup, the emperors cup the asian champions league and the actual league

I must ask you something... I conceed a lot of goals from crosses almost every game ... I dont now how to stop that .... I put my DL and DR closing down -Own half but seems it doesnt help ...?

Just wrapped up the entire season with this, and I've got to say it's a tactic everyone should give a try!

as you can see, a great result against inter despite being expected to get thrashed which led us on to win the world club championship!
along with that I won the league cup, the emperors cup the asian champions league and the actual league

what the ****! never seen such a dominating campaign on any championship/football manager ever! too bad for that draw against Antlers, it really spoiled your season didn't it ;)

well at least we've found the reason for your injuries: non-stop action from January till December 31 with a super-crowded schedule and 7-8 different competitions, that would be a tough test for the deepest squad! your team eventually seemed to cope well with that though...

thanks for the feedback I appreciate it a lot, I would like to wish you further success but I'm afraid it will be just impossible to do better than that... cheers!

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

I must ask you something... I conceed a lot of goals from crosses almost every game ... I dont now how to stop that .... I put my DL and DR closing down -Own half but seems it doesnt help ...?

Conceding goals from crosses seems to be the biggest issue at any league/level in FM11, most common instructions to counter that are: play wider; if your fullbacks have high marking stats set them on mark man tight on wingers; set tackling hard against wingers.

one thing I like to do is setting my AMR/L on man marking (no tight) against opposite MR/L or AMR/L, while DR/L on zonal marking tight.

best thing though is to keep attacking and restrict opponents' possession!

sorry but I can find this instructions against opposite mr/l or amr/L ... I see only marking ( zonal , man) where is that instructions opposite ?

sorry but I can find this instructions against opposite mr/l or amr/L ... I see only marking ( zonal , man) where is that instructions opposite ?

It becomes available on matchday, you know the screen with OI, team talk etc, you go to tactics from there and you can set individual marking instructions for each position (zonal, man and now specific).

Against flat 4-4-2, man marking opposite MCs with your own MCs could also be a good idea.

Hope it helps!

thx... In my first season in C1 I finished 4th and go to playoffs ... there I was lost by cremonese ... Now I'm in my second season at C1 so far I'm at the top ... but main problem is money ... I dont have money to buy any player so I must loans 3-4 players always...really sorry for my bed english