Katsumi Touko The Smith of Pretty Victories.

Those injuries are reminding me of my own saves! The keeper looks like a gem though :)

Good thing is they happened during the break and most of them ended during the break, so I will only miss one player now that the competition is resumed.

I forgot to mention that the transfer deadline is one week away, so the director of football may still do something.

I have decided, since seeing FoxintheboxFM Director's debacle series going very well, that in this version, when the interview makes me promise to keep the DoF, I will take it as "in this club DoF makes the signings and you're to just do tactics and team selection and training", so I'm not going to do anything beyond marking transfer targets and using the unwanted and development lists. Maybe I would step in if the deadline/first season match arrives and the DoF has failed to provide me with a second goalkeeper or third centreback as in the way of saying "this is broken so I'm compensating a bug like thing".

February 2021

yfCtN.jpg

We visit the bottom team. Kind of disappointing that the pundits say we're verysimilar sides. I'd think a team tipped to finish fourth should be better than the one at the bottom.
It's not been a good start, but few tweaks get us into the match a little. Unexpectedly we went ahead through Hodzic assisting Sovsic.
The second half starts the other way, with us finding quite good chances that miss the target narrowly. Though they create nothing, there are a couple of plays at the wings that they look threatening, so I choose to close the game dropping the wingers and go into a 4-1-4-1. They get two shots in the second half, none dangerous.
A one goal win is a little disappointing, but we created the chances to have more goals, so I'm counting it as bad luck. What was not luck was failing to get more of the ball.
yfb5K.jpg

Deadline day is upon us. I take part of press coverage to be on top of any news and needs of the team. Juric does a deal quite soon and brings Ibrahima Koné. I like this signing. An approppriate replacement for Briek.
yf6wj.jpg

There's no other deal until the deadline passes. I'd liked a centreback, but the lack of funds made all deals I asked for fail and the amount of players that can play there made Juric not think on bringing anyone new.
yfAps.jpg

yfQMS.jpg

yfUet.jpg

They're behind us and the defeat of Dinamo yesterday means we will move up to third if we win today. However, Hajduk is not a weak team and losing, dropping out of continental qualification, is a real possibility. Koné is in the bench. Prenga is suspended.
The first half is a beeeeeeep disgrace! Two stupid mistakes by Tonti, one piece of bad luck and one good play, while we fail our chances, only Obuobi finding the net in a counter. I may have done wrong going aggressive against Stimac in the pre match conference, thinking I did last time and it went well. I'm an idiot.
The second half is not different, though we get to their area more often. Koné scores in his debut, which is always nice.
Extremely disheartening result. I'm very angry at all the defence, specially Tonti and Barisic. If they had been concentrating in their job we'd have been right there with chances of winning. Would have we won? It's possible we'd have lost anyway, but not like this. We lose the top four position.
yfc14.jpg

It's also the record for goals in a match.
yfdA5.jpg

yfM8J.jpg

One of the rivals. They can't overtake us, being four points right behind us. Slight rotation due to tired legs. Due to lack of trustworthy replacements, I give Barisic a chance to prove past match was my fault by unsettling him with my aggressive press conferences and not his own incompetence.
Barisic doesn't do but show it was incompetence, as he heads the ball in our own goal. Luckily an offside had been commited and it was ruled out. However, right before half time, Prenga refusses to run after his man and lets him comfortably tap a cross in.
The second half is a slight improvement as we begin to create some chances. Past half an hour no goals arrive, so I make further changes, we go to a diamond on the attack. We have several good chances then, but the only that goes in is offside, while in the other side, Petkovic showed we don't really have an alternative to Barisic, as when he was one step from closing the gap for a shot by the striker at the end of a cross he instead stepped away. Tonti also being a fool like his name suggest, as when the cross was to the far post he refused to move from the near post and when it was to a player in the near post he kept watching the far post.
Istra close the difference and third place gets beyond our immediate reach.
yf7sT.jpg

yfXt7.jpg

We do some rotation against RNK Split. Barisic doesn't make it to the bench. Hodzic has a rest as he's been disappointing lately. Central midfield and wings see also some rotation. Filipovic is also in for Tonti and will be on for some matches so Tonti gets to think things through.
They give me the first good performance in a long time in this first half we dominate. Early on we almost have a goal, but Hurtado made the wrong decision to shoot instead of passing for an easy Ripic shot. We have some more chances missed, but Hurtado takes one good cross into the net. It's his birthday too. Heh, nice coincidence.
Second half goes the same, but improving the finishing, with Hurtado assisting Hamzic for his first goal and getting a second. Sovsic and Peric are substituted due to tiredness and Jelavic, out of position in centreback (he's naturally a fullback who can play center) is all over the place and gifts them a goal.
We move up a place but are still three points from the top four. Glad to see a good match again.
yfOLH.jpg

yf5wk.jpg

yfLpc.jpg

yfig1.jpg

yfEe0.jpg

yff1A.jpg

yfqQ2.jpg

She's become fluent in Croatian.

Good read I'm a fan of going to Croatia as I don't like Krylya sovetov, looking good in Croatia and the teams above are close

Good read I'm a fan of going to Croatia as I don't like Krylya sovetov, looking good in Croatia and the teams above are close

Thanks.

Krylja has had a season alike the previous and are fourth within a few points of second and seventh. So I'm not regretting the move away.

March 2021

This month we'll have three of the top four teams. A dangerous run of games to drop positions, get off from the top four race and maybe lose the job. I should have stayed at Krylja. But before that, we have a fresh take of youths.
yKGTK.jpg

Is it me or there's always a gray goalkeeper? Are there goalkeepers generated? I think I saw one once.

yKWaj.jpg

I repeat most of the team from past match as reward to their good performance. I change the midfield pair to make it a bit better defensively, given the strength of our rivals.
The match began as expected, with them showing their superiority but us holding well, having even a chance. Then it was bad luck in a corner pinball that ended in a goal by Maxwell, but Hurtado came good again to level the match and we still had a few chances to get ahead.
We start the second half with a through ball to Ripic past the keeper, but a few defenders still ahead. Ripic, wanting to ensure a clean shot missed the window with no blocking defenders. Both teams had chances but the better were ours, still none good enough to be buried unless Puljic was a world class playing for the likes of Real Madrid.
Not a bad result, it reflects well the game, though I feel we did a wee little bit better.
yKhMs.jpg

Grezda is satisfied with his first team time.
yKsIS.jpg

yK2Rt.jpg

Sovsic returns to the side and I rotate slightly prepared for these three matches in week and half.
They show their place for the first half of hour, but fail to get a goal. We get a couple chances of our own, one of them very good from an indirect free kick, but Hodzic fired at the keeper.
Second half starts with us missing a couple good chances. I move Sovsic to the wing and bring Adzic for Gojkov, which is a success and gives us the lead. We add more chances that don't go in. Then in a free kick, Prenga is busy with his man and plays Anichebe onside at space.
A result I'd been happy with before the match, but as it's gone it's disappointing. A missed win. We did enough to win and they did very little.
yK9A4.jpg

There is one round of matches left and we're not in the top four, which bodes bad for our chances.

Hodzic has got to fifteen goals, which is the team's record for league goals in a season.
yKNq5.jpg

yK1hJ.jpg

We're forced to rotate at the back due to tiredness. The rest of the rotation is just a matter of giving minutes to everyone to keep a whole squad fit as much as possible and give chances to earn a place in the first team.
We get control of the match for the first thirty minutes or so, but Marcelo Barisic wastes his three good chances. Then Koné twisted a knee, I subbed him out, and Osijek begins to make shots and have one nearly in but Filipovic saved it. Puljic will come in at half time for Barisic since he missed so many chances.
The change has immediate effect and Puljic gets his first chance in. From there we keep them more or less at bay. Then in the last five minutes the fullbacks and centrebacks neglect defending the right half of the area and they equalize. I'm tired of these idiots always disconnecting in the final minutes!
Another win missed. We should be third by now but instead don't even make it to Europe qualification.
yKBtT.jpg

Koné is out for three weeks.
yKD57.jpg

yKHwH.jpg

Corio in for Prenga because Prenga is tired and he was one of the responsible for the goal conceded.
The lesson from the last match and that conceded goal that they take is we shall neglect the left half too. Hodzic had missed a sitter but took the second. Then some bad luck and defending in a corner gives them the lead.
Second half is a disgrace, with two goals gifted to them by defenders standing in place, refusing the close down the player I told them to close down immediately... Hodzic gets a second goal. The problem of this team is the defence. We're the team that have conceded the most goals. All defence but Peric will be place on sale.
This is goodbye to the top four. I will stick to the counterattacking system instead of today's more offensive 4-3-3.
yKaak.jpg

yKpMc.jpg

Three points, which is within the expected, just not by losing to Dugopolje.

yKxe1.jpg

yKVR0.jpg

yKZAA.jpg

yKm82.jpg

April 2021

Tonti is the first whose departure is confirmed.
yrXr0.jpg

Salatovic's not been given time playing, so he's recalled and will play this end of season with us.
yrP2A.jpg

Djurdjek's contract is terminated.
yr5b2.jpg

And the director terminates Pejic's contract too. When I said sell or release, I didn't mean release rigth away players with regular time but not to renew at the end of their contracts.
yrLEq.jpg

Jelavic gets a deal out next. Vidovic goes ahead.
yrE4C.jpg

yrSVW.jpg

yrfXi.jpg

A little rotation in midfield to give minutes to players.
This match shows the lack of offensive strength of the counter system against teams that don't come at us attacking. It wouldn't be bad if Begonja didn't think that whan a player who received with his back to goal turns he should keep his back.
Poor passing in general keeps happening to break attacks and shots are in poor positions. It's after several changes and tweaks that we have a counter and Salatovic taps in a cross from Grezda, thanks to Rozman's mistake coming out.
Another disappointing game. I'm thinking the next matches I will play with young players mostly.
yrqoZ.jpg

Jelavic breaks his hip and is out for half a year.
yrKny.jpg

yrrYO.jpg

We play against the bottom team. We need to win if we want to keep some chance of making it to the top four.
Salatovic and Sovsic miss a few chances. Teh defence says in a cross, identify the target and get away from him and the ball. Filipovic adds if a free kick is hit on target, strike a ballet pose and jump into goal.
I need only to turn to hit a shot on target with high chances! It's time to hold the back and make a backpass! Nothing happens for a long time, then they make the only good attack they really do and Obuobi gets a lucky long shot, after some shots at the keeper from very good positions.
Extremely angry. The fact the boards wants signings to be left in the hands of the director of football doesn't imbue me with optimism for next week... I mean season.
yr00p.jpg

And the board doesn't think very differently. They request a meeting.
yrI2o.jpg

Here's the doubt: I attend and see if next season things turn better or attend out of courtesy or simply resign. Bofff, they didn't deserve any courtesy. Such a jerk. Very disgusting tone used.
yrebM.jpg

yrkSD.jpg

yro4I.jpg

Reputation not diminished.

Well that is a nice board. Hope you can find a good job somewhere

Unemployed May 2021

I immediately apply to national teams. Again to Algeria and they come with an offer that I take. They're second in the CAF qualifying for next World Championship with two games to go and within three points of leaders DR Congo.
yIGC4.jpg

yIWi5.jpg

I also apply to a number of clubs, though some reply negatively quickly.
yIs3J.jpg

yIuJT.jpg

yI277.jpg

yI9lH.jpg

yICrO.jpg

I choose a squad that's not only what I think is one of the strongest I can have but with plenty of versatility everywhere.
yIj2p.jpg

yIVXW.jpg

Lokomotiv Moskva and Tenerife offer jobs. Lokomotiv ended mid table of SOGAZ Premier, Tenerife was the better team relegated from Liga BBVA. I think long term Tenerife would be better: a chance to get promotion and improve my reputation and finish learning Spanish. The Genoa job slipped away.
yIJJC.jpg

yItDZ.jpg

yIZli.jpg

The interviews end in nothing.
yI6Co.jpg

yIHCA.jpg

The first match with Algeria is against Gambia. Getting the same result as DR Congo allows us a chance to go through in the last day, but a win gives us a chance for a better margin.
Belkebia and Feghouli have poor matches. We never get to have more of the ball, but after a very quiet first half we begin to make chances, but Nyabally has a good day and saves everything.
Congo drew and we now need to win the last match against Senegal and they losing against Gambia. Not very likely.
yIvYy.jpg

Brondby application fails. Two Mexican top level sides and Liga Adelante Deportivo de La Coruña are still waiting answer.
yIU4D.jpg

yIAEM.jpg

We begin the qualification for the next African Cup of Nations, with a team that's allegedly to be a walk in the park. I tweak the system a little, namely player selection, make right winger into inside forward, switch attack and support between left and right, go control instead of standard, increase the defensive line.
Our superiority is shown in the first minutes, we go 2-0 ahead and then seems quiet down a little. We still make many shots but quality isn't very good, though towards the end of the half we have a few close calls to increase our advantage.
Second half continues our control of the match, in which they can't pull even a bad longshot. However, lack of accuracy and their keeper keep the score 2-0. Their red card doesn't have any meaningful effect.
yInu0.jpg

Deportivo offers an interview.
yI1Uc.jpg

The first of the Mexican job applications is turned down. So the Deportivo job.
yIaE2.jpg

yIRBk.jpg

yIBr1.jpg

yIx3q.jpg

Now she knows basic level of Arabic.

Algerian miniter of fin- National team manager July- 2021

Werder Bremen hires someone else without informing me of not getting it. Boavista FC application fails a couple days later.
yI00c.jpg

yII91.jpg

CF Os Belenenses, who are in Primeira Liga, where they're predicted to finish tenth, offer an interview.
yIeb0.jpg

Also Amiens comes offering a job. They're in Ligue 2, predicted tenth too. I'll attend. Though a top level team is more attractive, I won't let this chance pass if Belenenses join the teams rejecting me.
yIkSA.jpg

Amiens comes with the offer almost immediately, but I ask for a week delay for Belenenses to come.
yIoG2.jpg

They answer just after with a no.
yIzVq.jpg

When they call again, I get a four hundred raise for my contract.
yeTOC.jpg

Nice job in France and a chance to get language number eight in the bag, quite the linguist

Nice job in France and a chance to get language number eight in the bag, quite the linguist

Yeah, they were promoted some four or five seasons ago and have established themselves in the division. Not a bad team to manage in the end.

Looking at Amiens July- 2021

According to the assistant, we have a good team for our objectives, but are weak in central midfield, right fullback and have only one goalkeeper.
yeuSo.jpg

Finances aren't very good, worse than I remember being reported before I applied.
ye9GM.jpg

Now let's get on with the
SQUAD REPORT

Goalkeeper
yeNZD.jpg

The only we have. Good for the level.

Defence
yeROI.jpg

A young player who's at least strong. Very good positioning, he can become an important first team player in the future. Inconsistent and cowardly.

ye1zU.jpg

Our best centreback. Out for two months. Will be brought into the side as fast as it's possible. No obvious weaknesses. He gives on the pressure of big matches, a pretty serious issue.

yeDHN.jpg

Very versatile, slow. Also a bit dirty, which may be penalty trouble.

yencK.jpg

Left full back, versatile. The kind of fullback I like, but he may be played in the center more.

yeHFj.jpg

Young fullback, he should be in the reserves or U19s.

yepNs.jpg

An offensive fullback who lacks speed. Out for a month. Injury prone.

yexjS.jpg

Young fullback with a very good head who needs to improve his technique. If he also knew how to jump he'd be in for a world class future.

yeJft.jpg

Right fullback. Another young promising player. His technical part of the game is what keeps him from first choice. Inconsistent.

yeZW4.jpg

Another ultra competitive player. Will be the first choice and rotate with Killian.

Midfield
yemZ5.jpg

Very versatile, as competitive as the rest. Getting old, his physicals are going to be declining. I like him, likely starter. Out for two weeks, though.

yetPJ.jpg

A young player who's already worth first team and first team he will have. I will train him to become the team's creative engine.

yeCTT.jpg

Our reported best midfielder. Not that ahead of the other two I've looked at so far. Looks like a very good destroyer for the midfield, though he lacks the drive characteristic to the role.

yebH7.jpg

Another young player. He lacks the flair to be our main creative player. Looks with big potential. Injury prone and currently out for two weeks. May make it to the start of the season.

yejdH.jpg

Young player with reported huge potential but I can't see currently a place in the first team. Will surely play just the cups.

Forwards
ye6Fk.jpg

A fast winger. Pure pace. Not the type of player I like. Reported as one of our best players.

yeQNc.jpg

Another fast winger, with a little more than pace and the reported best player we have. Will be a starter. Don't expect him to help in defence.

yeU61.jpg

Versatile player for the left wing. More rounded. He lacks the pace but is technicaly and mentaly decent. Probable starter.

yeYf0.jpg

Very young and already better than Labidi. My first choice for the left winger if he wasn't reported inconsistent.

yedWA.jpg

A target man, though I don't see one working for a one striker formation. He will definitely have minutes.

yeMm2.jpg

Another target man. Our best striker according to the staff.

yegPq.jpg

The third striker is yet another target man. As with the other youngsters, he's inconsistent.

Conclusions
I have a team of very competitive players who lack technical ability. Every book says this type of squad should be dedicated to long balls and very physical play; but I fear that given that aggression, such a play style would create problems with cards and free kick chances, so I feel inclined to compensate asking to play the other way. Though still I will play long ball. The issue with this is they wanted me to play possession football. They always want me to play the opposite to what the squad is prepared for.

We need:
- Backup goalkeeper.
- Starting right fullback.
- A quality creative player for midfield.
- A centreback to fight for the second starting place.

July end 2021

First day, Thuillier gets an injury. He'll play through injury.
ykolW.jpg

I accept the recommendation for captain and vice captain.
ylTBi.jpg

We're just fout to make all the coaching, but I'll wait to do all the player signings before looking for more coaching staff, which is the only I'm allowed to sign by myself.
ylwUZ.jpg

Director hired me an assistant manager. I thought that was my thing to do. He's hired also a couple of scouts.
ylyry.jpg

I let the bonuses to average. Budgets aren't too big so I'm looking to fill the needed positions with loans, though the director has gone in for a keeper before I asked him my loan target.
yl4uO.jpg

ylGCp.jpg

The only friendly before the season starts. I shouldn't have delayed the contract. Also, against a Ligue 1 side, not the best way to finish a preseason. Squad chosen for fitness.
What a first half! We've been the superior team and we came on top with a rebound goal by Legrand. We don't have a bigger advantage because their keeper is having a good day.
The second half is very simillar. They have some close chances, though, which are met with superb defending or goalkeeping. We have many more, though. We end with a 1-0 win, but it could easily been a 3-0.
If the performance today would become the norm during the season, then we'd be going up as winners of Ligue 2. I'm not going to be carried away, though. Gharriche is the player of the match.
ylWio.jpg

The keeper John Williams moved to sign, has arrived to the team. Marginally better than the one I wanted to loan.
yls3M.jpg

Next is right fullback, Yassine Jebbour, who I see as the starting player there.
yluJD.jpg

Right before the match against Stade Lavalois, McGahey comes to gill the second/third centreback
yl27I.jpg

yl9lU.jpg

Gharriche earned to start this match. Otherwise the strongest team (or a candidate to be) starts. As you'll see, I've decided Labidi will be mainly a central midfielder.
We don't get as many chances as in the friendly, but we still control the game. The chances are missed, though, by keeper, imprecise aim or offside.
Second half is the same, but with even more good chances for us. I went for it in the last minutes with a 4-2-4 but no luck after two good saves.
It was a good chance to start strong but we draw against a mid-low table team.
ylRDN.jpg

I decided to take things from the last manager, who didn't have a poor campaign, so we're playing possession football, after all.
yl1UK.jpg

ylBrj.jpg

yln2s.jpg

ylHCS.jpg

ylaEt.jpg

August 2021

John Williams gets the loan of Younés Kaabouni finished successfully. Not as defensively strong as I'd like, but the kind of offensive creator I wanted for the midfield.
3w4cI.jpg

The loan of young promising striker Théo Lucas is cancelled due to failing the medical.
3wGFU.jpg

They're also sending the youth team players away on loans.

3whNN.jpg

We play the favourites of the division, so I don't make the rotation in defence I was thinking on doing. Mata instead of McGahey in the bench because he's in better fitness.
We were very close from going up in the first twenty seconds, but the rebound was dropped just on the line and Legrand had no chance to kick it before the keeper picked it up. Past the initial phase, Lens got control of the game and had most of the chances.
Second was quiet; but when Zahibo seemed close to a second yellow and I brought Mata to centreback and Vanucci in Zahibo's place, Mata made a penalty on Carroll. Camara saved it. In the last four minutes, Dutournier hit the post in a great chance and Ikone headed weakly from a better position.
In the end we come out with just a draw. A good result against what is considered the strongest side of the division and one that should give the team confidence for the future.
3wsjK.jpg

3wYqZ.jpg

We use a fully rotated lineup against Mantois for the cup. It should be enough. It's annoying the last reserve match was not long enough ago that some players are tired, like McGahey, Thuilllier and Kaabouni.
Very disappointing first half in which we let them several shots. We get a penalty, but Kaabouni shots it at the keeper.
In the second half we keep letting them have shots. Then in the last second of the ninety minutes, Mata keeps Jourdan onside despite he seeing everybody in our defense playing him offside so then he can shoot straight thtrough Mele.
Very unhappy. We should have won. But Mata for second game in a row proves me right not wanting him to be our third or fourth choice. I don't regret the player selection, as we have a league match in three days and I'm not giving up points there with weak players.
3wQRW.jpg

What? Why is there no notification in my inbox before the match? It turns in the Coupe de la Ligue rotating the side fully is not allowed. Also, the prize for the cup seems like quite decent.
3wufj.jpg

3w9Ws.jpg

John Williams brings us a non target man, Harry Cardwell.
3wU6i.jpg

3w6IC.jpg

We visit a midtable team. They're there and expected to finish behind us. We return with the strongest team available.
First half is infuriating. apart from Maillard giving up a penalty and Poyet warning me of his aggressivenes once he's already done it, it's a feast of "Hey, I got to the ball first! I'm such a great defender! Now I don't want the ball! Evian guy take it!" and "Yay! I've got with the ball behind their defence! Now I'm a pacifist so I refuse to take the chance".
Second half starts with a complete turn around and two good plays by Emiliano Sala end with goals by Legrand and Sawadogo. But later Camara botches the easiest save from a corner and instead of blocking the ball he pushes it into the net. They began to make a lot of shots, but none good.
Now this is an infuriating match. First the constant self sabotage of the first half, then Camara making their goal, we end with yet another draw in a match we should've won.
3wdhy.jpg

Monconduit is out for three weeks in a reserve match.
3wCTA.jpg

Fuchs' loan is cancelled because there's a five loans limit.
3wba2.jpg

Algeria drops a position in the rankings.
3wNZS.jpg

3wtP0.jpg

Today we face the laders, who've won their three matches. No goalkeeper in the bench to give Kaabouni a chance to come from the bench without giving up of one type of outfield replacement.
First half is quiet and good for us. They get no shots on goal, we get one and it goes in, a good assist by Sala for Legrand. The striker is coming as an assist machine rather than a scorer.
Second half is the match ruined by Vanucci. Boto miscontrols, his ball goes to their winger, who pushes it weakly toward the keeper, then Vanucci has nothing better to do than kick it away to lonely Modeste. We still had two very close chances to win but missed them.
Another match we could or should have won but don't because some players acts like an idiot to ruin the result.
3wjdq.jpg

Algerian games coming soon, so selection sees a midfielder and a striker out through injury, replaced by two defensive type of midfielders and Bentaleb is replaced by Bounedjah for form reasons.
3wJfk.jpg

3wZWc.jpg

We visit one of the bottom teams. Hopefully this time we'll get the three points and no silliness from my players. Etienne makes it to the first eleven after his injury and Cardwell gets his first match, hoping he won't be a loss of assists but may get the goals too.
We control the first half, but this match there's no precision in shooting, only one shot on target, directly at the keeper. There's been chances. Vanucci and Gharriche have picked a yellow card, with Vanucci looking ill discipline, so Vanucci is subbed. I don't want him ruining yet another match by second yellow.
There's no silliness because Cardwell doesn't do anything well and Sala doesn't get chances to do anything.
It's like the defenders were awaiting if the strikers do something or not, just to ruin their work if they do well and they do well if the strikers do bad.
3wmm1.jpg

John Williams sign a young advanced midfielder for the reserves. I don't see anything to want him, though.
3wndJ.jpg

3wDH5.jpg

3wHIT.jpg

3wx6H.jpg

3wpN7.jpg

3wBT4.jpg

Some cracking young prospects there, good luck for the season!

Yeah, I will for once start to play with youngsters. I too often keep them with too little first team football. Let's see if in the coming months I get to give them good rotation and get some good development.

September 2021

Just before the match against Senegal, Belkarul (centreback) and Feghouli pick injuries, three days the former and can be selected and two weeks the later.

34jM4.jpg

Taider in for injured Bentaleb and I try Ghilas in the left wing and Slimani up top.
The try with Slimani doesn't work. Not that the team gives him many opportunities to do something.
With Ghilas as striker, we get the breakthrough in the second half and then double the lead. A third goal is disallowed when Taider commits a foul in the free kick before the strike happens.
We got the result we needed, but DR Congo didn't fail so we miss the top spot to qualify for the World Cup.
346I5.jpg

When I came they said they expected me to reach the third round of the CAF World Cup qualifier but then wouldn't judge me. Now they come saying they're disappointed.
34QRJ.jpg

34UAT.jpg

We play the second placed team without Boto, because he's away on international duty.
There's no much going in the first half, but Legrand gets a penalty and Sala converts it. We finish the half ahead.
Legrand hits the goal again from a labidi indirect free kick. Later they make a counter and Camara wasn't able to protect his post, letting an easy goal. I thought the ruining of the match would be starting, I ordered to play on the counter but not slower. Then Sawadogo shot a rocket into their net. Keita's been given a few minutes in the first team and has not done badly.
Finally a win! We're up to midtable. Let's hope this will be the first of a series of wins. Sawadogo gets the PoM, it's six league matches and in all the PoM has been one of ours. Proof we should've won more and be among the top teams.
34Yq7.jpg

34dhH.jpg

Second game of the African Cup qualification against Gabon. Diamonds tend to pose problems for the 4-2-3-1 but I'll stick with it.
We are the better of the match though we can't stop them from having a few chances. It's only by a wonder goal that they equalize the match, replied by another great goal by Fares. Two goals by Ghilas makes it a comfortable 1-3 for us.
Second goal is similar, though they get a few better chances. There's no goals but woodwork hits for both sides. After subs are done, I go to a 4-3-3 to close down the game and is a piece of poor goalkeeping that allows them an easy rebound shot.
Second match of ACNQ and second win.
34Mmk.jpg

34g5c.jpg

Today it's the turn to face the third placed team. Boto is back to the side. There's no rotation today.
The half doesn't go too well, as they have the more and better chances and we only are close to having one excellent. Boto gets an early card and I'm tempted to sub him to avoid a second.
The second seemed to go similarly, towards a draw unles Ajaccio managed to find the net, when Emiliano Sala won the position to the defender and scored his first goal in play. Then it looked like we'd win. But McGahey realized he had not joined the team tradition of defenders doing something stupid when we're ahead and made a penalty. Not the supidest penalty, to be fair. Then it all seemed to be another missed win, until in the last minutes Ikone made a superb header to defelct a Jebbour cross into the net.
Another good win that brings us up to 5th-8th position, just five points from the top if Lens or Guingamp win their game in hand. Without that stupid tradition we should be now top of the league.
34Xw1.jpg

After our last wins, Algeria's up seven places in the world rankings.
34Oa0.jpg

34PMA.jpg

Ikone comes in the right wing and Amailah to the bench as I don't want to stop Kaabouni's run of good matches.
We control the first half, but make no more than a half decent chance. Poor match from the men up front.
The second half is noticably better, we create several chances, but all we get from it is a post hit and a few shots at the keeper.
Another two points dropped. Though this one I'll write off to bad luck and me being slow to make the changes. First match the PoM isn't ours.
345e2.jpg

34iRq.jpg

Some more rotation against the team above us. Today Kaabouni gets a rest.
Like the previous match, we control the first half, though do better in that we get many chances. Not that better because none goes on target. We're lucky, though, as Fialho ruins Larsonneur's good job with an own goal. For once it's not us who ruin a result. Or not, there's 45' to play still. Before half time Doumbia picked a second yellow card.
Second half is again an improvement, and though the lack of good aim remains, this time we get a goal and seal the match. Players seem to tire more than usual in my teams, probably a not quite good preseason.
This takes us within three points of promotion, though we fell seven from the top.
34EAC.jpg

34S8W.jpg

A better month. Had been the past like this, we'd be on top.

34qhi.jpg

348tZ.jpg

34KLy.jpg

340wO.jpg

34Fpp.jpg

She's started to speak a bit of French.

Last edited: