Keegan dismisses England hopes with Rooney doubts

Do you think it's a good idea playing a combo of Darren Bent, Jermain Defoe and Crocuh and/or Walcott Upfront in the group stages instead of risking Rooney and his "favourite International partner" Heskey? Because Englnd will get past the Group Stages and don't need to risk Rooney.

Yes, however Rooney must play at least half each game if he is to be ready to score against teams like Ghana, France, Brazil and Spain!!!.

Can I remind all of you that Geoff Hurst was third choice striker for England... just saying.

Yes, however Rooney must play at least half each game if he is to be ready to score against teams like Ghana, France, Brazil and Spain!!!.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Can I remind all of you that Geoff Hurst was third choice striker for England... just saying.

True but I think we shuld rest him for the two friendlies coming up. To see how our other partnerships in strike work out. I mean come on what is capello's plan B if rooney gets injured?

why cant people just shut the **** up and leave capello and the lads alone. your opinion is not wanted keegan simple as that, theirs a reason why your englands ex manager.

why cant people just shut the **** up and leave capello and the lads alone. your opinion is not wanted keegan simple as that, theirs a reason why your englands ex manager.

Everyone has the right to air their opinion.

Everyone has the right to air their opinion.

but its not needed and irrelivent. maybe thats where he went wrong in his tennure with england. i have full faith in capello with or without rooney, but of corse we have a better chance with him its a given.

but its not needed and irrelivent. maybe thats where he went wrong in his tennure with england. i have full faith in capello with or without rooney, but of corse we have a better chance with him its a given.

So you just want to hear people bigging England up?

and then we don't win the world cup.

and then everyone blames them for getting our hopes up.

Personally, I think people are pretty delusional if they don't think that we are ****** if Rooney gets injured. Defoe and Crouch aren't in the same league as him.

I admit, I am a big fan of Crouch, and he has a great goal scoring record, but he doesn't have the presence of Rooney, or the pace, or the skill.

Thanks for that.

Uruguay, Hungary, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Greece, Andorra, Macedonia, Estonia, Austria, Croatia, Ukraine, Belarus and Egypt. The teams Peter Crouch has scored his 20 international goals against.

10. The amount of Peter Crouch's international goals that have come in friendlies.

0. The amount of goals he's scored in any major international competition.

I was already aware of peter crouch's great international record.

I just don't think we have a great chance of winning the world cup without Rooney.

So you just want to hear people bigging England up?

and then we don't win the world cup.

and then everyone blames them for getting our hopes up.

Personally, I think people are pretty delusional if they don't think that we are ****** if Rooney gets injured. Defoe and Crouch aren't in the same league as him.

I admit, I am a big fan of Crouch, and he has a great goal scoring record, but he doesn't have the presence of Rooney, or the pace, or the skill.

Actually not only are Defoe and Crouch in the same domestic league as Rooney, but they are also in the same European league next year 8-|(H)8-|
Thanks for that.

Uruguay, Hungary, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Greece, Andorra, Macedonia, Estonia, Austria, Croatia, Ukraine, Belarus and Egypt. The teams Peter Crouch has scored his 20 international goals against.

10. The amount of Peter Crouch's international goals that have come in friendlies.

0. The amount of goals he's scored in any major international competition.

I was already aware of peter crouch's great international record.

I just don't think we have a great chance of winning the world cup without Rooney.

I'll say it again - Geoff Hurst was our third choice striker 44 years ago but that didn't stop us!!!

Actually not only are Defoe and Crouch in the same domestic league as Rooney, but they are also in the same European league next year 8-|(H)8-|

Alas.

So is Berbatov, Robbie Keane, R.Pav and Bendtner...

So that means they are also as good as Rooney?

if they are, we are ******.

I'll say it again - Geoff Hurst was our third choice striker 44 years ago but that didn't stop us!!!
Great. All that proves is that it is possible and i've never said it wasn't. I just don't think there is a good chance of it happening.

I'm sure he scored against Trinidad & Tobago in the 2006 World Cup :S
Did he?
Now that i think about it he might of.:O

I still don't think we have a great chance if we lose rooney.<)

lol we will still win it (H)

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

what u think lads Spain v England 2010 world cup final lol

lol we will still win it (H)

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

what u think lads Spain v England 2010 world cup final lol

i have an account with betfred and i belive that had the shortest odds for teams to contest the final.

Oh no sorry have just checked. Spain v Brazil 9/1, Spain v England 12/1, Brazil v England 16/1

Last edited:
Hes not being a party pooper, hes being REALISTIC, something which some need to grasp

without rooney the england team dont really have a chance they have had better sides in the past and havent won.even with rooney they still have to take into considration gerrard and lampard cant play together minus beckham who is englands best set piece taker + spain and brazil look good without injuries

sorry for it being set out so badly im tired :(

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

or that might just be me being scottish and what not :P, but seriously england always big them selves up then dont win then have big internal inquires which all lead to pressure getting to much getting blamed - that and portugal lol

People just belive in your national team ;)
yh and its calleds faith m8 and passion lol

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

without rooney the england team dont really have a chance they have had better sides in the past and havent won.even with rooney they still have to take into considration gerrard and lampard cant play together minus beckham who is englands best set piece taker + spain and brazil look good without injuries

sorry for it being set out so badly im tired :(

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

or that might just be me being scottish and what not :P, but seriously england always big them selves up then dont win then have big internal inquires which all lead to pressure getting to much getting blamed - that and portugal lol
yes we do m8 everyone always goes on about 1 player yh ok rooney pure class but we have other top class players it about the team not just rooney god lol(6)

---------- Post added at 05:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

i have an account with betfred and i belive that had the shortest odds for teams to contest the final.

Oh no sorry have just checked. Spain v Brazil 9/1, Spain v England 12/1, Brazil v England 16/1
lol

Back