Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Leigh Griffiths - Dundee

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Kris Boyd - Middlesbrough

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Please state who)

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
I'd use the money to buy a centre half imo, we are more than covered up front, with Jelavic, who is a better player than Miller judging by his performances before that **** Black scythed him down, Naismith, Beattie, Fleck, and Lafferty. Weir, great as his service has been, you can see his legs going, so a centre half to partner Boughy would be nice. Alterrnatively, you could always buy a left winger, move Papac to centre-half, and play Wylde at left-back (A)

But yeah, deffo agree we should get money for him rather than let him leave on a free, 700K is actually very good money if you ask me for him.

Totally agree with you about Weir but think you could have got a bit more for Miller If his contract was not running out. Can Fleck and Lafferty not both play Left mid ? Also you should probally just sell Beattie cos he looks totally unfit and 6 months without a goal for a striker ??? And Black is a **** but he is good at it if you know what i mean :S

Totally agree with you about Weir but think you could have got a bit more for Miller If his contract was not running out. Can Fleck and Lafferty not both play Left mid ? Also you should probally just sell Beattie cos he looks totally unfit and 6 months without a goal for a striker ??? And Black is a **** but he is good at it if you know what i mean :S

Fleck and Lafferty can play there, but there performances are, indifferent to say the least. I agree with you bout Beattie, but who wants a striker on a heavy wage who can't play for 3 games in a row ? And Black well, I could go on a foulmouthed rant about him now, but I'll keep the thread reasonably clean :p

Lol Black ! is just a topic no one wants to get into XD

Lafferty is better as a striker IMO and shouldn't be played on the wing as he isn't quick enough or skillful enough to play there. Beattie hasn't really had the chance. I've never been a fan of him since he came to Rangers but who knows maybe he can prove us wrong and start playing and scoring more now kenny will be going ?

Wouldn't it be financially better to keep Miller, and hope his goals bring Rangers the title and the money that brings, rather than sell him now for a cut-price fee leaving you with no proven SPL goalscorer (possibly Naismith?)?

KENNY MILLER is set to snub Birmingham's bid to take him to the Premiership - as he holds out for a crack at European football.

SunSport can reveal Rangers hitman Miller is cold on the prospect of signing for Alex McLeish's Blues.
Big Eck tabled a £600,000 bid for Miller yesterday which was accepted by Gers - with add-ons taking the fee up to £1million.
Boss Walter Smith had resigned himself to the fact Miller was destined for St Andrews but it is understood the 22-goal hitman has little interest in returning to the Midlands where he has had previous spells with Derby County and Wolves.
The Scotland star does now look certain to leave Ibrox during this month's January window but Miller's spectacular form for Gers this season has grabbed the attention of a number of top European clubs.
That's now what interests the 31-year old as he plans the final years of his career.
SunSport revealed there has already been interest from outfits in Turkey with Gers' Champions League rivals Bursaspor desperate to do a deal.
Miller has been free to talk to other clubs since January 1 as he's in the final year of his Gers contract.
The former Celtic hitman had been hoping Rangers would be able to table a new deal which would keep him at Ibrox for life.
The cash-strapped SPL champs have refused to budge on their one-year offer which would see Miller's current wage package cut by a whopping 33 PER CENT.
Miller is on around £20,000 a week with Gers, but they are only prepared to give him a 12-month extension on £7,000 less.
Birmingham would hand Miller a contract worth significantly more than he's currently earning.
He has always dreamed of playing in one of Europe's top leagues and that's what he's prepared to hold out for now.
Ibrox boss Smith would face a massive task replacing Miller who has enjoyed the most prolific season of his career in front of goal. Gers are interested in Dundee United scoring sensation David Goodwillie with USA World Cup star Edson Buddle also a potential signing target.
Buddle, 29, is available in a cut-price deal from LA Galaxy. He spent a few days at Murray Park last month.
Ironically Birmingham have also been linked with the striker, but Gers could swoop depending on the outcome of Miller's situation.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sco...7350/Kenny-set-to-snub-Eck.html#ixzz1ASeImNkO

as a birmingham fan, i really DON'T want miller, he's not the answer to our striking problems. as has been mentioned in earlier posts, boyd has gone to a championship side and has been mediocre at best. miller has had a few cracks at the premiership, and failed every time, in 55 combined league games (for wolves and derby) in the premiership a total of 6 goals? hardly blistering scoring is it, we need a PROVEN premier league striker, not a striker who can score in a league where, realistically (and no offence to any other SPL teams), it is a 2 team league.

Wouldn't it be financially better to keep Miller, and hope his goals bring Rangers the title and the money that brings, rather than sell him now for a cut-price fee leaving you with no proven SPL goalscorer (possibly Naismith?)?

I don't think so mate, We then lose him for nothing, Plus say we turned this down and then Kenny goes out to training day after transfer window and does a ligament in ? then we are really in **** streak. I would say cash in now take no risks. Yes it is going to put a dent in our title challenge and yes we may end up losing it, But it's up to the boys that are in the team to prove they are worth it.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

All I say is never beleive a word the sun says. I really hope he leaves for Birmingham fingers crossed.

But then all that money is just gobbled up by the banks, or Murray, as I'm nearly certain a lot of money we've earned has disappeared to somewhere in the south of France :S At least this way we can get a player in, or a player on a similar wage on a loan.

kenny miller's pish! hes just mastered the art of doing a boydy where he does very little outside of the box and just poaches. you cannot get away with that at a club like birmingham.

Honestly? I don't think his goal scoring record so far shows that he's "pish." In fact, he's one of Rangers' better players. As for a replacement? Maybe Goodwille or Griffiths, a good young player that can fill his shoes should he leave.

If we remember correctly kenny millers goal for scotland against lichenstein no keeper was saving that! and his goal against bursaspor! an he scored a belter of a chip at the start of the season i cant remember who it was against!

Kenny Miller made 150 appearances with wolves and scored 50 goals thats a goal every three games which is not too bad and for rangers 110 appearances with over 50 goals which is a pretty good ratio

If we remember correctly kenny millers goal for scotland against lichenstein no keeper was saving that! and his goal against bursaspor! an he scored a belter of a chip at the start of the season i cant remember who it was against!

Kenny Miller made 150 appearances with wolves and scored 50 goals thats a goal every three games which is not too bad and for rangers 110 appearances with over 50 goals which is a pretty good ratio

most of millers goals for wolves were in the championship, he scored 4 for them in the premiership and 2 for derby.

I really hope what Calum posted is true, although its a cheap deal, what a waste of wages!

Ye he has done well in Scotland, he has never done well in the Prem, probably never will. Would be a waste of time and effort IMO.

With Matt Derbyshire coming into the team and proving himself we really don't need Miller, if were going to buy a striker, buy a big, quality name, not the likes of Miller.

like every striker though they need service and if i remember rightly that full derby team was terrible! he's scored at international level and in European competitions , i dont think he is right for birmingham city as he is much in the same vein as cameron Jerome and Derbyshire!

like every striker though they need service and if i remember rightly that full derby team was terrible! he's scored at international level and in European competitions , i dont think he is right for birmingham city as he is much in the same vein as cameron Jerome and Derbyshire!

I agree mostly, that Derby team was awful and it wasn't really his fault i guess, he did also play for Wolves and was mostly ineffective, although that was a long time ago.

I agree that Derbyshire is a very similar player, although in my opinion already just as good and a lot younger. Jerome is a totally different animal, for one he can't hit a cows **** with a banjo!

I just believe spending that much wages on a player that may not do it for us who is of an age where we will never get the money back is a total waste. We have showed interest in much more suitable players and should follow our interest in those.

If we sign Miller i will obviously back him and support him as much as i can, Im not one for negativity towards your own players, but Im very sure he will warm the bench a lot.

I agree mostly, that Derby team was awful and it wasn't really his fault i guess, he did also play for Wolves and was mostly ineffective, although that was a long time ago.

I agree that Derbyshire is a very similar player, although in my opinion already just as good and a lot younger. Jerome is a totally different animal, for one he can't hit a cows **** with a banjo!

I just believe spending that much wages on a player that may not do it for us who is of an age where we will never get the money back is a total waste. We have showed interest in much more suitable players and should follow our interest in those.

If we sign Miller i will obviously back him and support him as much as i can, Im not one for negativity towards your own players, but Im very sure he will warm the bench a lot.

Maybe Mccleish can get the best out of him seeing as he managed kenny at hibs and scotland!but i still hope he stays at rangers until the end of the season at least helps us in Europe and The SPL

you wont be losing much on him , at most it will be 25k a week and for premiership thats prob below standard! and a small fee if he can do the buisness then it could be a good deal for any team! cause no matter what people say he does work hard and has pace and hsi shown a more clinical side of himself this year!

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

does anyone know if goodwillie would be cup tied because dundee utd played in the qualifiers of the europa?

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:53 PM ----------

It looks like Kenny Miller is set for Fiorentina according to sky sports and various other sources after they confirmed there interest in him

Just reading the paper about Kenny here, Mcleish will be in for an improved offer on wages for Miller as he is determined to sign the *****. Rangers stand to get no more than £500'000 if miller decides to join italian side fiorentina over Birmingham which is looking likely at the moment. This will not cover the cost for David Goodwillie either. However if Miller goes to Birmingham and Birmingham survive in the EPL and stay up rangers stand to gain a total of £1.15million which will cover the cost of Goodwillie. Heres hoping big Eck can do us a favour and give Miller a good enough wage packet to make him forget about Italy but atm it is looking unlikely and Kenny Miller is proving he is infact a little bawbag.

not botherd if he stays or gos but if he dose leave hopefully jelavic will come good when fully fit.

Im going to the game tonight lets see how he reacts ! little ****** that he is.

just quickly red though
Ian Black tackling jelevic
what if Lee McCulloch breaks someones leg
use dont moan

just quickly red though
Ian Black tackling jelevic
what if Lee McCulloch breaks someones leg
use dont moan

Eh, but Lee Mcculoch never has ? oO)

And thanks for the goals Kenny, good luck in Turkey, but how the **** did he manage to wangle 50 grand a week off them ? :p