Kidderminster United: The English La Masia

View attachment 15266

December Round Up

View attachment 15265
Man United - Our winning run comes to an end with a 1-0 home defeat to Man Utd. It was a very 50/50 game but United managed to take one of their chances.
Derby - Back on track with 3 points at Derby with goals from Alexandre and substitute Fabio Augusto. Unfortunately we sustained 2 injuries this game with Jelinek our for 2 months and Clos out for 2 weeks.
Bournemouth - Disappointing result by our recent standards against 19th place Bournemouth. Just couldn't take any of our chances.
Tottenham - Massive game in our quest for European football, and what a win!! Christian Eriksen put Spurs 1-0 up early on, but goals from Samuel Adams and Kevin Dudley got us arguably our biggest win of the season so far.
Newcastle - Brilliant win at Newcastle thanks to a Kevin Dudley hattrick within the first 30 minutes of the match, Ante Pezo put us 4-0 up on the 90th minute with another screamer. Newcastle grabbed a consolation goal deep into added time.
Stoke - Drama at the bet365 stadium! A goal from Fabio Augusto and an 88th minute winner from George Armstrong gives us a win vs 17th place Stoke City.
Watford - Great way to end the year after a very hectic schedule of games. Carlos Figueroa came back into the team and grabbed our first goal follow by ANOTHER stunning Ante Pezo strike.. I don't think I've ever seen him score from inside the box.

View attachment 15264
We honestly feel unstoppable at the moment, at the start of the season I was targeting a mid table finish, but now we are looking at potentially chasing a Champions League spot! We are currently sitting 8 points clear in the Europa League places ahead of Brighton, Villa, Spurs and Arsenal.

View attachment 15263
There hasn't really been any stand out player for us this season, every player in the team is performing to the best of their ability and are all crucial in the system we are playing.

In other news; Cristiano Ronaldo has joined as a first team coach!

Great to see this story back. And how amazingly your team is performing - its unreal!
Hajek looks like a beast.

attachment.php

January Round Up

attachment.php

Chelsea - Very decent point earned, this keeps the gap between us and Chelsea very close.
Rochdale - Our second team does the job for us in the FA Cup with a 1-0 win. Carlos Figueroa with the goal.
Liverpool - So unlucky not to win this one, we played Liverpool off the park but we just couldn't take any of our chances. Not a bad result at all though against a team in 2nd place.
Villa - Not a bad result at Villa away, Villa had won 4 of their last 5 and there was nothing to separate us.
Southampton - We progress past Southampton to reach the 5th round of the FA Cup. 2 goals in stoppage time from Alexandre and Craig Taylor won us the tie.
Man City - Crazy, crazy end to the game.. We entered the 87th minute 1-0 up through a goal from Alexandre, City then equalised and 1 minute later we go down the other end to make it 2-1 through a Craig Taylor header, it looks like we're going to give City the first defeat of their season before Mbappe agonisingly grabbed a 93rd minute equaliser..

attachment.php

Not a bad month as we reach 10 games unbeaten in the league. We have lost a bit of ground on Chelsea sitting 4 points behind them, but we are still well in the race for a top 4 finish.

attachment.php

PSG came in with a £58 million deadline day bid for Ante Pezo, £20 million shy of his £78 million release clause, which I rejected. I will try and increase his release clause before the end of the season.

Last edited: