Kidderminster United: The English La Masia

UpTheVilla

Reaction score
Welcome to my first post on this forum!

This year I have decided to document my FM19 save in which I will be playing as a custom team that I have created called Kidderminster United, based in a town near to where I live.

Kidderminster United will start in the Vanarama National League North and as the name of this thread suggests, the aim of this save will be to use our outstanding youth academy to generate funds and produce players to help us climb up the leagues.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kidderminster United FC

View attachment 32023

Background

Kidderminster United are a professional football club founded in 2013 that have seen a rapid rise up the regional leagues. They are based in the town of Kidderminster which is in Worcestershire, West Midlands. Nearby cities include Birmingham and Worcester.

View attachment 32154
Founded by fans that want to put Kidderminster on the map, hundreds of thousands of pounds have been pumped into the clubs youth facilities and recruitment in the hope of producing future stars that can carry the club to glory.

The 'English' La Masia

View attachment 30117
La Masia is the name of FC Barcelona's world famous football training facilities. This academy holds more than 300 young players, and has been praised since 2002 as the best in the world, being a significant factor in FC Barcelona's European success. In 2010, La Masia became the first youth academy to have trained all three finalists for the Ballon D'Or in a single year, with Andres Iniesta, Lionel Messi and Xavi.

Now in come England's answer to La Masia... Kidderminster United! This is a club with the same key values as Barcelona in regards to youth policy; churning out youth prospects and either incorporating them into the first team or selling them for a huge profit.

Philosophy

· Academy players regularly brought through to the first team
· Signing players under the age of 24
· Only money generated through transfers can be reinvested into the team

View attachment 32153

Stadium & fan base

Kidderminster United play at The Glades Arena, a 10,000 all seater stadium. (I have named this after a local leisure centre that has been demolished, thought it sounded like a cool name)

View attachment 32152

For the 2018/2019 season the club has sold around 2,500 season tickets, this makes the club one of the best supported teams in the non league.The club has a very fierce rivalry with Kidderminster Harriers, their cross town rivals. Other derbies include; Stourbridge, Walsall, Worcester City and Birmingham City.

View attachment 32151

Team

The team that I inherit will be luck of the draw as I am going to use the 'add players to playable teams' button.

Last edited:
Pre Season Preview

View attachment 32461
Pre Season Preview

I have decided to take charge of Kidderminster United in the form of one of my favourite ever players; Aston Villa legend Olof Mellberg.

View attachment 32460

View attachment 32459

Squad

With my randomly generated squad, I seem to have inherited some outstanding players for this level:

Key players & prospects:

View attachment 32458

View attachment 32457

View attachment 32455

View attachment 32454

Board Expectations

The board has set me the challenge of attempting to avoid relegation in my first season... With the team I have to choose from I think realistically we should be comfortably winning the league.

View attachment 32150

Pre season fixtures

View attachment 32149

Last edited:
Pre Season Results

View attachment 32446

Pre Season Results

Encouraging results in pre season as we demolish every team we play, bar Rangers.
attachment.php

I'm very happy with my team at the moment so I have not made any signings yet, but as transfer window in this league is open all season there is no rush to make additions.

After some experimenting in pre season with the squad, this is the formation and lineup I will be building my team around:

View attachment 32444

A very young starting XI containing 3 16/17 year olds, and our oldest player in the squad being 28.

Les Davenport being our first choice striker with only one option as back up means that we may need more depth in the striker department.

Dudley and Waters are my two first choice wingers, both aged 16 they look like serious prospects.

Our midfield 3 is made up of Keane, Naylor and our captain Mike Sinclair and looks very solid for this level.

Our back 4 contains Spray, Sinnott, Rogers and Carroll. Carroll is the stand out player in this defence at right back.

In goal we have 22 year old James Stewart who looks to be a good prospect.

August Round Up

View attachment 32442

August Round Up

A really strong start to the season sees us top of the table at the end of August picking up 13/15 points.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Our stand out player so far has been our captain Mike Sinclair with 5 goals in 5 games and an average rating of 8.04 from centre midfield.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
September Round up

View attachment 32351

September Round Up

attachment.php

Another solid month from the team although we lose our first game of the season away at Alfreton.

attachment.php

The league table sees us sitting very comfortable at the top of the league, 4 points clear of our arch rivals Kidderminster Harriers.

attachment.php

Our top performer so far this season is 16 year old Mason Waters.

Unsurprisingly many of our players are attracting interest from teams in the divisions above us..​

Last edited:
October & November Round Up

View attachment 32281

October Round Up

View attachment 32280

Starting to get the feeling this league may be a bit too easy for this team..

View attachment 32279

We sit 7 points clear of second place Stockport County.

View attachment 32278

A comfortable win for us in the first ever Kidderminster Derby.

View attachment 32277

As you can see from our player stats our team are ripping this league apart, with 16 year old Mason Waters leading the way

November Round Up

View attachment 32276

We crash out of the FA Cup in the first round to League One side Luton Town, losing 4-1. But continue our league form.

View attachment 32275

View attachment 32274

View attachment 32273

I'm offered a new contract at the club, probably due to the fact I was set the target of battling against relegation but find myself top of the league.. Still can't get my head around our pre season expectations with the team we have..

Last edited:
December & January Round Up

View attachment 32254

December Round Up

View attachment 32253
View attachment 32252

View attachment 32251

January Round Up

View attachment 32250

Bit of a wakeup call as we get smashed 4-1 away at Altrincham. But we then go on to win 5 of our next 6 games.

View attachment 32249

View attachment 32248

Transfers

Only 2 transfers so far this season, and they are both players leaving the club.

Adam Lamb & Don Spray, two of our best players both leave the club for Chesterfield & Charlton.

I decided to let them both leave as they had 6 months to run on their contracts and would not sign new ones. I also want create a young team full of academy graduates.

View attachment 32247

Last edited:
February Round Up

View attachment 32244

February Round Up & Youth Intake

View attachment 32243

View attachment 32242

View attachment 32241

Youth Intake

Now.. the moment we will be anticipating every season as a club, our youth intake. This is what I am relying on to carry us up the leagues and generate funds.

View attachment 32240

Our head of youth development informs me that we may have a 'golden generation' on our hands, I assume I will be told this every year considering how good our youth recruitment and coaching is..

View attachment 32239

The two players that really stand out are Keren Tal and George Armstrong, who I will be bedding straight into the first team.

View attachment 32238

View attachment 32237

Last edited:
March Round Up

View attachment 32224
March Round Up

View attachment 32223

We finally crash out of the FA Trophy in the 4th round to Boreham Wood, and pick up a possible 9/12 points in the league.

View attachment 32169

By far our biggest attendance of the season and a new record for the National League North, a 10,000 sell out crowd watch us beat our cross town rivals Kidderminster Harriers.

View attachment 32222

We mathematically secure a play off place, although its only a matter of time before the league will be secured.

View attachment 32221

Waters, Davenport and Keane have been our outstanding players this season,

Last edited:
April/May End of Season Round Up

View attachment 32168

April/May End of Season Round Up

View attachment 32167

A strong unbeaten end to the season sees us comfortably secure the title.

View attachment 32165

15 year old Keren Tal, fresh out of our youth academy scores 4 goals and grabs 1 assist in the 6-2 demolition of Chester.

View attachment 32166

The final league table:

View attachment 32164

York City will join us in the Vanarama National League next season as they gain promotion via the play-offs.

End of Season Awards and Stats

View attachment 32163

Unsurprisingly, Mason Waters wins both the fans player of the season and the young player of the season awards.

View attachment 32160

Here is our final squad list of our top rated players throughout the season. Waters, Davenport and Keane have consistently been our key players.

View attachment 32162

Adam Keane, our 18 year old midfielder wins the National League North player of the season award.. Which doesn't really make sense considering Mason Waters beat him to every award inside the club.

View attachment 32161

Les Davenport finishes 5th top scorer in the league with 21 goals in 31 appearances.

View attachment 32159

We finish top of the attendance table with an average attendance of 4,479.

Roll on next season..

2019/2020 Season Preview

View attachment 32138

2019/2020 Season Preview

So the new season is upon us. I am hoping for a bit more of a challenge this season..

View attachment 32136

The expectation for me this season is to win the league, no questions asked. This fair as I feel our team would be a solid League Two side based on the talent we have within the team

View attachment 32110

Quite randomly the club is taken over by a local investor called Max Robson.

View attachment 32109

We perform well throughout pre season.

View attachment 32108

Season ticket sales are up, unsurprisingly.

View attachment 32106

I finally make my first signings as a manager, bringing in Harrison Briggs on loan from Fleetwood, Sam Habergham on loan from Shrewsbury and Jermaine Anderson on a free transfer. All very decent players, they add depth to my team.

View attachment 32105

I decided to trim down the team, getting rid of deadwood and older players, as I would like to move forward with a young team.

Here are our new signings:

View attachment 32104 View attachment 32101 View attachment 32099

Starting XI

View attachment 32098

With an average age of just 20, this is the starting 11 I have decided to start with.

I have decided to drop last seasons top scorer Les Davenport in favour of 15 year old Keren Tal, who I am really interested in developing.

Captain Mike Sinclair, by far the oldest player in the starting 11 at age 27 keeps his place in the heart of the team.

Here are the starting XI player stats:

View attachment 32097 View attachment 32096 View attachment 32095 View attachment 32093 View attachment 32091

View attachment 32089 View attachment 32088 View attachment 32087 View attachment 32086 View attachment 32085

View attachment 32084

There's no way that the picture of Tal represents a 15yr old haahaa. Good luck in national league, defo no pressure!

There's no way that the picture of Tal represents a 15yr old haahaa. Good luck in national league, defo no pressure!

I know right ?? Looks about 32 hahaha. I think the real challenge will start when big clubs start coming in for my players and I get to the football league

August Round Up

View attachment 31982

August Round Up

View attachment 31981

A great start to life in the Vanarama National league as we win 4 of our first 5 games, with one loss coming away to bottom of the league Havant & Waterlooville..

View attachment 31980

We sit 2nd in the league behind Ebbsfleet after they won their first 5 games.

View attachment 31979

Dudley and Keane are leading the way with the player ratings.

15 year old Keren Tal is our top scorer with 5 goals in 5 games, 3 of those goals coming against Aldershot, where he grabbed his second hattrick for the club.

September Round up

View attachment 31978

September Round Up

So it begins...

View attachment 31977

View attachment 31976

View attachment 31975

View attachment 31974

View attachment 31973

It was only a matter of time.. I'm actually surprised how long I have lasted without any of these players wanting to leave.

I had a chat with each of them and there was nothing I could do, they were having none of it..

Understandably 3 of our best players want to leave the club as they feel they have outgrown this level, which is completely fair as they are definitely too good for this league.

I'll be looking to get as much money as possible for them in January, and I will be slapping a 50% sell on clause on all of their transfers.

View attachment 31972

Just to rub salt into the wounds..

View attachment 31971

Forget our off the pitch problems.. On the pitch we've won every game this month, picking up 18 points. This includes a 5-0 win vs Boreham Wood and a 6-2 victory over Chelmsford.

View attachment 31970

We swap places with Ebbsfleet in the table and go 4 points clear.

View attachment 31946

Midfield maestro Adam Keane is our highest rated player this season with an average rating of 8.29

7 goals for our top scorer Les Davenport this season, all off the bench.

Last edited:
October Round Up

View attachment 31885

October Round Up

View attachment 31884

The Kidderminster Derby returns as we draw arch rivals Kidderminster Harriers in the FA Cup.

View attachment 31882

Les Davenport ensures derby day victory with a 94th minute winner in front of a sell out crowd. Kidderminster Harriers only allocated us 322 tickets the tight b*stards.

View attachment 31878

Waters gets injured again.. instantly. It took him less than 45 minutes of an U23 match to get sidelined for another 2-3 months. Ridiculous.

View attachment 31874

4 wins out of a possible 6 in October, with 2 defeats coming to Wrexham and Grimsby.

View attachment 31873

We sit 2 points clear of second placed Hartlepool in the table.

View attachment 31872

The usual suspects leading the way in the player rankings.

November Round Up

View attachment 31778

November Round Up

View attachment 31777

Honestly, this lad is a **** take. 3 injuries in a row in barely 60 minutes of combined playing time..

View attachment 31776

Dudley injured as well. Could be a blessing in disguise that these two will be leaving the club in January if they are this injury prone their entire career..

View attachment 31775

Another solid month in the league, it will be interesting to see if we can keep up this form if some of our key players leave in January.

We also crash out of the FA Cup in the first round for the second year running, losing to League One Blackpool 3-1.

View attachment 31774

We go 7 points clear from second place Hartlepool.

View attachment 31773

Adam Keane and Muhammed Williams for me have been by far our best players this season.

December Round Up

View attachment 31738

December Round Up

View attachment 31737

6 straight wins in December, only conceding one goal in the process.

View attachment 31736

For the second season in a row it seems we are running away with the league..

View attachment 31733

Mason Waters got injured within 45 minutes of a youth game. Again. Shock.

Striker Keren Tal is having a decent season, grabbing 12 goals so far.

Samuel Adams, who has replaced Mason Waters on the right wing has been outstanding this season grabbing 12 assists in 15 starts.

I think we've got a tough month coming up off the pitch as it seems all my best players have huge interest from clubs in the football league.

I swear that Tal isn't 15 at all and really just forged his birth certificate! Going great in the league though mate KIU. I'm also laughing at Waters getting injured and pretty much staying that way since he handed in his transfer request! #karma

I swear that Tal isn't 15 at all and really just forged his birth certificate! Going great in the league though mate KIU. I'm also laughing at Waters getting injured and pretty much staying that way since he handed in his transfer request! #karma

Thank you! And I've never seen anything like it injury-wise, he can't even play 20 minutes of an under 18 game without injuring something..