Kidderminster United: The English La Masia

View attachment 24627

End of Season Round Up

View attachment 24626
After our Play Off Final victory, the board have sent over the budget that I will have to work with next season. I think it's finally time for me to spend some serious money.

View attachment 24625
In the clubs first ever youth intake 5 years ago, I was informed that we had a 'golden generation' on our hands.. That seems to be proving very true. Herman Maragh, George Armstrong, Keren Tal, Grace Mutombo, Daniel Hoey, Kevin Dudley, Samuel Adams and Nathan Steadman have been here from the start, they are all established first team players and are to thank for our climb up the leagues.

View attachment 24624
Apparently our ground is not up to standards for he Premier League. Football manager baffles me sometimes.. At the start of the season we spent £2 million to build another 2,000 seats which should be completed around now. We have now scrapped those plans meaning that we will now pay £8 million for an extra 3000 seats and will have to ground share with Wolves for 9 months.. Why the **** did we just not expand to 15,000 in the first place??

View attachment 24623
Here is the final Championship table.

View attachment 24622
Here are our final player ratings of the season. Our two wingers Samuel Adams and Kevin Dudley sit top of the pile, both in double figures for goals and assists. Kevin Dudley finishes our top scorer with 20 goals.

View attachment 24621
Our passing brand of football was very prominent this season. We sit top of the pile for average possesion at 56%, best pass completion % and most passes completed at 21,653 which was over 3,000 more than second placed Fulham.​

View attachment 24363

Season Preview 2023/2024

View attachment 24361
It's been the longest and busiest summer yet, but we are finally here and ready for our first season in the top flight.

View attachment 24356
We have an unbeaten pre season. Not exactly the same kind of opposition that we will be facing this season though..

View attachment 24355
The boards expectation for our first season in the Premier League is to avoid relegation. This is going to be one **** of a tough season for us with a lot of our players only at Championship level.

View attachment 24353
The media predict us to narrowly avoid relegation with a 17th placed finish, not sure how we're above the two teams that got promoted automatically but I'd take a 17th place finish every day of the week. We're 1000-1 to win the league..

View attachment 24351
We absolutely smash our record transfer spending with £18.75 million being spent on players. We rake in £5.25 million for players that are no longer needed. I have sent 4 of our brightest prospects; Hayes, Robinson, Evans and Taylor out on loan to get some first team football.

Matome Baloyi and Istvan Sitku were both signed last season in anticipation for another season in the Championship, they will serve as back up to the first team. Baloyi is a 21 year old right back and Sitku is an 18 year old centre mid.

We took up our option to buy Fabio Barros for £600k and he will serve as back up to Nathan Steadman.

Kyle Walker was signed on a free transfer from Man City and will be our first choice right back for the campaign, I don't normally sign older players but he is still playing at a good level and is on low wages.

Oliver Bastista Meier (AML, AMR, AMC), Vaclav Jelinek (AML) & Kamal Sowah (DM) join on loan from FC Bayern, PSG and Leicester, all decent young players at this level.

And finally Nabil Kehiha (CB) joins us from Algerian side ES Setif for £225k, he is a nice prospect that will serve as back up to the first team.

View attachment 24350
Ante Pezo is for me our top signing of the summer. I was tracking this guy all of last season trying to get him to join us, but he just had no interest as we were in the Championship, us getting promoted however turned his head. This guy is a steal for £4 million and low wages and is already playing at a good Premier League level at just 18 years of age.

View attachment 24348
We smash our transfer record to bring in Argentine striker Carlos Figueroa from Velez for £9 million. This is far more than I ever expected or wanted to spend on a player in this transfer window but I think I panic bought this guy as we were desperate for a striker and I just couldn't seem to bring in anyone else. All that said though I think he is a good signing for us, and could develop into a top player.

View attachment 24347
Our next signing is 18 years old Brazilian winger Alexandre. He joins us from Brazilian side SEP for £4 million and will provide competition for Samuel Adams on the right wing. Unfortunately he has a minimum release clause of just £9 million, I will be trying to get this taken out of his contract as soon as the chance arrives.

View attachment 24346
Our best loan signing of the summer is wonder-kid midfielder Jordi Clos, who joins us on loan from Barcelona. He will be a first choice midfielder for us.

View attachment 24345
On deadline day with around 3 hours left of the window I received an offer for Kevin Dudley from Wolves. I negotiated a £60 million fee with a 50% sell on clause, I was so close to accepting it but I bottled it in the end as he's our best player and it's just too big of a risk to take with no real replacement. He could be worth a lot more than £60 million to us if we manage to stay up.

View attachment 24344
Here is the starting XI I will be starting the first game of the season with. New signings Figueroa, Clos, Pezo & Walker come into the side.

Here are the player profiles of our first team player:

View attachment 24343View attachment 24342View attachment 24341View attachment 24340View attachment 24339View attachment 24338View attachment 24337View attachment 24336View attachment 24335View attachment 24334View attachment 24333View attachment 24332View attachment 24331View attachment 24330View attachment 24329View attachment 24328View attachment 24327

View attachment 24141

August Round Up

View attachment 24140
Southampton - What an introduction to the Premier League. A brilliant performance all round, James Garner scored our first ever Premier League goal with one of his classic thunderbolts from outside of the box, Southampton then equalised but debut goals from Vaclav Jelinek and Ante Pezo put us comfortably back in front. Samuel Adams added a 4th in a brilliant performance.

Watford - We come crashing back down to earth with our first loss of the season coming in a 4-0 loss to Watford. Just an awful performance.

Wolves - Extremely frustrating result. We dominated the game in terms of possession and the score was 1-1 for a large period of the match until Wolves grabbed the winner late on.

Bournemouth - Back on track with a good away performance at Bournemouth. Jelinek, Alexandre and Tal with the goals.

Cardiff - Pretty embarrassing result as our second string team lose to League One Cardiff 2-1.. Not good enough.

View attachment 24139
I'm happy with how our first month has gone and how we bounced back after 2 defeats in the league. All I have my eyes on this season is the 40 point mark, just 34 to go.

View attachment 24138
James Garner has been our stand out player in this first month. Jelinek has also been very good, filling in for injured Kevin Dudley.

View attachment 24123

September Round Up

View attachment 24122
Tottenham - Not a surprise to lose to top opposition like Spurs. Encouraging signs though as we beat them in possession 40%-60%, we've just got to start making it count.
Man City - The less said about that result the better.
Brighton - A much needed result, and what a result it was! Brighton were 3rd in the league having won 5 of their opening 6 games and were huge favourites beforehand. We dominated them in every aspect of the game and they never really threatened us at all. Our saviour Kevin Dudley won the match with a brilliant free kick after returning from injury.
Villa - I would have taken a point before the game. But I can't help but feel we should have won this match. We had about 7 clear cut chances but just couldn't put any away.

View attachment 24121
Very happy with the standings so far, we need to just keep grinding out results as we are doing.

View attachment 24117

Goalkeeper Sebastian Bell has been outstanding this season, with an average rating of 7.19 so far. One concern is that record signing Carlos Figueroa still has not scored so far this season and only has an average rating of 6.45..​

View attachment 24049

October Round Up

View attachment 24048
Chelsea - Didn't really get a look in all game. Not much to say about this one, we were beaten by a good Chelsea side.
Stoke - Another game dominated in possesion with us having 70% of the ball. We trailed 1-0 for the majority of the game, with Kevin Dudley bailing us out on the 92nd minute with a brilliant finish.
Newcastle - A much needed and hard fought win. Alexandre scored in the 2nd minute and we managed to hang on for the rest of the game against 18th place Newcastle.

View attachment 24047
At the end of October we sit 13th in the league with 14 points. 7 points clear of the relegation zone, I'm hoping we can now try and avoid a relegation battle all together.

View attachment 24024

Last edited:
View attachment 23951

November Round Up

View attachment 23950
Everton - Pretty dull game with Everton leading 1-0 until the 90th minute. 3 goals in stoppage time and the game ended 3-1, with Herman Maragh getting his first goal of the season.
Man Utd - We've come a long way since that 5-0 loss to United a few years ago. Kevin Dudley put us 1-0 up with a penalty in the first half, but we were unable to hold on as United grabbed the equaliser in the 70th minute.
Palace - A brilliant win to end the month and to keep up our consistency of bouncing back to pick up wins. Samuel Adams got our first goal after getting on the end of a Kevin Dudley cross. James Garner scored yet another screamer to win the game, this one is goal of the season so far, hit on the volley first time from about 30 yards out it flew into the top right corner.

View attachment 23949
We sit comfortably 9 points above the relegation places.

View attachment 23947

Here is how our players out on loan are performing this season:

View attachment 23945

Last edited:
View attachment 23921
December Round Up

View attachment 23920
Burnley - Poor result. We were 2-0 up at half time against 20th placed Burnley thanks to goals from Maragh and Dudley. They came out and battered us in the second half and we are lucky to get away with a draw.
Liverpool - Standard loss to one of the better teams.. Never got a look in all game.
Arsenal - Gutting result as we play well and the score was 1-1 for the majority of the game. Arsenal grabbed the win in the last minute.
Birmingham City - A sell out crowd at Molineux, we get back on track with a great win over the blues. Vaclav Jelinek with a man of the match performance off the bench grabbed us 2 goals to comfortably beat one of our biggest rivals.
Fulham - Very poor result. Couldn't make our possession count and Fulham put away their chances.
Watford - A game we really needed to be winning, we're on a slide now and we need it to stop.

View attachment 23919
Not looking very good going into the new year. We've managed to get dragged down into the relegation scrap, we need to start picking up results ASAP.

View attachment 23918
Really concerning stats regarding our strikers, in 37 combined games this season Tal, Taylor and Figueroa have scored 1 goal between them. ONE GOAL. Shocking.​

Always new striker was going to be tricky, after problems last season it was always going to be a big ask for one of them to get 15 goals in the premier league

Always new striker was going to be tricky, after problems last season it was always going to be a big ask for one of them to get 15 goals in the premier league

I expected at least more than 1 goal between them haha!

I'm going to take a punt on someone in the January window and try and loan Taylor out to get some more first team football, hopefully that might get him scoring..

I expected at least more than 1 goal between them haha!

I'm going to take a punt on someone in the January window and try and loan Taylor out to get some more first team football, hopefully that might get him scoring..

Brilliant story so far mate really got excited reading of your climb up the divisions. Is there any possibility or this database being shared?

View attachment 23851

January Round Up

View attachment 23849
I had to take a gamble on another striker. We are in danger of relegation now and we need somebody to step up and start scoring for us. I have sent Craig Taylor out on loan to Brighton where he will hopefully get some more first team football to help his development.

View attachment 23848
We sign Fabio Augusto from Athleico for a cut price £6.75 million. Another teenager branded a 'wonderkid' by the media. Lets hope he lives up to that name..

View attachment 23850
Southampton - Well.. We're looking pretty ****** at the minute.
Barnsley - Although against Championship opposition, its nice to finally see a convincing win again.
Wolves - Pathetic.
Bournemouth - A boring 0-0 in a game that we really need to be winning.
Wigan - Standard win against League One opposition.
Spurs - FINALLY!! Our hardest game of the month, new signing Fabio Augusto grabs his first goal for the club and is the first striker to score for us in the league in what seems like years!!

View attachment 23847
We have fallen into the relegation places. The only reassuring thing is the amount of teams in the relegation battle, just 1 point separates us and 12th place Everton. Our goal difference is definitely a concern though.

View attachment 23846

View attachment 23826

February Round Up

View attachment 23825
Man City - Was going alright until the 23rd minute when Kamal Sowah was sent off. City scored two quickfire goals and then Kevin Dudley was sent off in the 41st minute.. We were lucky to only lose 4-0, City had 65 shots...
Arsenal - Our cup run ends with a 2-0 loss away at Arsenal.
Brighton - Completely ran out of ideas. I can't see any way out of this relegation fight at the moment.
Villa - We went 1-0 up early on, bottled it as usual..

View attachment 23824
Looking more and more likely we will be playing Championship football next season.. We have Newcastle and Stoke in our next 2 games, it's truly going to be make or break.

View attachment 23822
I think our philosophy of using our young players is finally starting to let us down..

View attachment 23821
******* brilliant way to end the month.​

View attachment 23756

March Round Up

View attachment 23755
Newcastle - Finally. This was the definition of a must win game. Alexandre put us 1-0 up after a defensive error by Newcastle, Pezo rounded off a brilliant performance with a stunning free kick.
Stoke - Saw this game as a must win. We were lucky not to lose.
Everton - Our first game back at The Glades Arena since it's expansion was completed, and what a win!! Goals from Pezo and Adams give us some breathing space in the relegation battle.
Man Utd - So close yet so far. The game started with Fabio Augusto getting injured, on came forgotten man Carlos Figueroa who put us 1-0 up within 9 minutes. United grabbed a goal back and Herman Maragh got sent off just before half time. We managed to hold on until the 85th minute with 10 men until United grabbed 2 late goals. Gutted.

View attachment 23754
We crawl back out of the relegation places after a great month, we sit 3 points clear of Stoke City and have at least 1 game in hand over all the teams around us.

View attachment 23753
Craig Taylor has been outstanding for Brighton so far; 3 goals in 2 starts (4 sub appearances) and an average rating of 7.46, why couldn't he do that for us?!

View attachment 23752
Our conveyor belt of youth prospects comes round again.

View attachment 23750
Another 5* potential goalkeeper that we really don't need..

View attachment 23749
Our first Swedish player to come through the ranks is Linus Gashi, what a name.

View attachment 23748
I put in a request to expand our stadium again. I wish we'd just expand it straight to 25,000 or something instead of just adding a couple of thousand each time.​

A rough few months there. It's clear that scoring goals is a problem and two of your loan players are scoring for fun - prem is probably just a step too far for them at the moment.

Brilliant story so far mate really got excited reading of your climb up the divisions. Is there any possibility or this database being shared?

Thank you! And yes I'd be fine sharing the database

A rough few months there. It's clear that scoring goals is a problem and two of your loan players are scoring for fun - prem is probably just a step too far for them at the moment.

It really is a big problem, the fact Craig Taylor has gone out on loan to another Premier League club and managed to get 3 goals in 2 starts just makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong haha. I've tried everything

It really is a big problem, the fact Craig Taylor has gone out on loan to another Premier League club and managed to get 3 goals in 2 starts just makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong haha. I've tried everything
I didn't even take note that he was at another prem club. Maybe just a fluke scoring early on, see how he gets on in the next few games.