I've just got the hang of it, I'll do a simple guide :)

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:59 PM ----------

Just made a guide:

Important rules to kit-making on GIMP:
Make sure the layers are the right size.
I would recommend the logo to be about 25x25 pixels and the sponsor to be 80x13 pixels.
For the sponsor, the example I used was 'Microsoft' although others may be smaller. Just experiment
and try and get it right.

I wonder if you have ever made any kits when you recommend to use 25x25 pixels for the logo :O I found that quite small, personally I use often between "35x35" - "40x40":p

This is how it looks with 35x35 on a kit which I made in 3½ seconds:

View attachment 50730

I think now it's best that people just zoom in and just carefully paintbrush it.

parkin, nice kit, did you use colourify for your LOSC kit? When I try and use the paint can my black actually turns grey

cheers mate.
not coulourify, theres one near the top of the colour option i think its called colourise, just set that i think it was to the bottom... if i try and **** about with the colours it usually goes **** up so keeping it simple atm!

Starting to get the hang of this now.. One more question though.. How do you like move images cos when i scale it down its just in the center of the jersey??

It's Ok. Your Liverpool one is awesome! I like your Man U one too but it's a bit pixelated........

Thanx man... I didn't really know wat exactly i was doing with the Man U Kits but i'm startin to get the hang of it..

Starting to get the hang of this now.. One more question though.. How do you like move images cos when i scale it down its just in the center of the jersey??

U need to select the Move tool from the Toolbars... Its the one with the double sided arrows that cross...

thanks lads.. This is my 1st attempt.. Probably b better if i took away the black on the sponsor but didn't know how...
View attachment 51213

Last edited:
My first attempt at kit design using Gimp

13z9z6g.jpg

What are your thoughts please???

Also what is the best way to change the kit colour i always right clck the layer go to image and color that way but it is an inaccurate way to do it

2rh01o6.png

Here's my first attempt at a fantasy team

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

I also don't know how to do the coloring in thing..I had to use manual brushes to do that it took me forever! Is there a quick way to do it and keep the wrinkles in the shirt?

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:02 AM ----------

Lol I got over Gimp...downloaded Photoshop CS5 on Vuze..took an hour to dload :D

So here's one I created on Photoshop - Btw it's like 10 times easier on Photoshop!

14w3wcj.png

c\n someone please help me. when i drag the psd file into gimp, it loads EVERY single layer from each kit style.

I.e - If i go to the adidas psd and use it, it will load all 40 of the styles and throw them onto the kit making every layer visible. So this results in a huge list of layers..

This differs so much from photoshop, but can someone please help me out?

Last edited:
I just gave GIMP a quick go for this purpose to see. It works ok, but changing the colours is a tad of a *****. Ok if you don't have PS I suppose, but not ideal.

I just gave GIMP a quick go for this purpose to see. It works ok, but changing the colours is a tad of a *****. Ok if you don't have PS I suppose, but not ideal.

How did you manage to keep all the layers from appearing :S?