• Replies Replies 412
  • Views Views 92K

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
images

The holy grail.....................

WELCOME

Hello and welcome to my attempt at the Champions League Challenge (link is below). Basically the aim of the game is to win the Champions League with every club that has won it before!
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ybos-ultimate-champions-league-challenge.html

How many of the 22 clubs will I be able to do it with? Will I outdo my good friend Darran? How on earth will I bring myself to manage Manchester United and how will I cope not being able to manage Athletic Bilbao or Newcastle lol?

-----------------------------------------------

DECIDING WHO TO BE......

Thought about going for the hard teams (Steaua Bucharest/Red Star Belgrade) first to get them out of the way but then I thought I should start at the top and I may get to manage todays world class stars like Messi, Ronaldo and Downing etc.

Was toying with the idea of Benfica or Ajax and thought that the chances of winning it in the 1st season would be remote. My thinking is to blitz it the first 6 or 7 seasons and then see where I end up.

Finally after loading up the game several times to look at squads etc I narrowed it down to three clubs to kick this thing off with - Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus. Never really liked Real Madrid, despise Manchester United and not fancying Chelsea.

So I plumped for..............
images

I hope you will follow and we shall see how I get on!!!!!

[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]SEASON
[/TD]
[TD]CLUB
[/TD]
[TD]TROPHIES WON
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2012-13
[/TD]
[TD]Bayern Munich
[/TD]
[TD]Bundesliga, Super Cup, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2013-14
[/TD]
[TD]Bayern Munich/Inter Milan/Barcelona
[/TD]
[TD]Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, Liga BBVA, Copa del Rey, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2014-15
[/TD]
[TD]Barcelona/Real Madrid
[/TD]
[TD]Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, Copa del Rey, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2015-16
[/TD]
[TD]Manchester United
[/TD]
[TD]CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2016-17
[/TD]
[TD]Liverpool/Borussia Dortmund
[/TD]
[TD]Bundesliga, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2017-18
[/TD]
[TD]FC Porto
[/TD]
[TD]Primeira Division, Taca de Portugal, League Cup, Supertaca, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2018-19
[/TD]
[TD]FC Porto/AC Milan
[/TD]
[TD]Supertaca, Euro Super Cup, Club World Cup
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2019-20
[/TD]
[TD]AC Milan
[/TD]
[TD]Serie A, Coppa Italia, Europa League
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2020-21
[/TD]
[TD]AC Milan
[/TD]
[TD]Serie A, Coppa Italia, Italian Super Cup, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2021-22[/TD]
[TD]AC Milan/Marseille[/TD]
[TD]Italian Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, Club World Cup[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited:
A Great Challenge to go for mate, but your hate for Man Utd makes me not too follow your stories from now....... :P
Good Luck for the Season and the Challenge

yeah..i was sacked by liverpool after a **** league form..so i was offered the marseile job...i will start a story on this soon

images

PRE SEASON

On arrival at Munich I was excited. Big name players, a squad capable winning everything they compete in and a decent transfer kitty.......Well 2 out of 3 aint bad as I wasnt given a penny to spend!!!! DISGRACE!!!!!!

So I didnt bring in a single player and I didnt sell anyone either - there were no takers for Luiz Gustavo, Van Buyten or Tymoschuk - so its all been quiet. Brought in a shed load of staff though.

SQUAD
We all know the Bayern squad which is filled with quality players - Neuer in goal, Lahm at full back, Schweinsteiger in midfield and the 2 wingers Ribery and Robben. Not forgetting my personal favourite and Basque hero Javi Martinez...................

Anyway the only problem is I have several long term injuries - Alaba, Rafinha, Mandzukic and Gomez - so it may be a sticky start!

------------------------------------------------------

German Super Cup

Bayern Munich 1-1 Borussia Dortmund
Muller
(Bayern Munich win 4-3 on penalties)

An interesting start! Perisic missed a penalty on 5min for them and we took the lead 3min later and then battered them for the rest of the game. Ribery picked up a knock (out for 3 weeks) so I put on Shaqiri who promptly got injured (1 month) and then they hit us on the break through Ilkay Gundogan with 10min left.

It went to penalties and although we missed 3 times - twice Manuel Neuer saved a penalty to keep us in it and Claudio Pizarro struck the winner!

images

nice start with win in the Super Cup but i m not too happy as u beat Dortmund:P

images

AUGUST

A quiet month all told although there was some transfer activity believe it or not! Firstly I gambled by letting Van Buyten go to Newcastle and Tymoschuk to Spurs on free transfers so hopefully I would be able to adjust the budgets but it didnt work! I am £200k a week under my wage budget so I dont know why they arent giving me money to spend. What makes it so frustrating is that there are quality players like Hamsik and Fellaini on the transfer list.

I needed to sign somebody - anybody! lol. So after scouring the free transfers I considered going in for Thomas Hitzlsperger but then I noticed someone even more injury prone that was available............
images

OWEN HARGREAVES
I brought him back to where he started his career. I just felt that I needed some cover in midfield as I have so many injuries and I think he could do a job for me in the games where I play weakened sides - providing he doesnt get injured himself!

On the pitch we were excellent - 3 games, 3 wins, 10 goals, 0 conceded!!

-----------------------------------------------------

German Cup 1st Round
DJK Rosenheim 0-3 Bayern Munich
Pizarro 3

I would love to have played my backups here but we have so many injuries it just wasnt possible so it was a very strange line-up indeed! In the end a first-half hat-trick from Claudio Pizarro was good enough but Thomas Muller got injured and is out for a couple of weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich 4-0 Hoffenheim
Schweinsteiger, Kroos 2, Robben

We had 19 attempts on goal in the 1st half and scored with the final 2! Former Tranmere youngster Dale Jennings made his debut here and Owen Hargreaves made his return also. In the end we had 34 attempts on goal!

--------------------------------------------------------

Werder Bremen 0-3 Bayern Munich
Ribery, Robben 2

Muller, Gomez, Mandzukic, Pizarro **** even Dale Jennings was out injured which meant I had no strikers for this game. In the end I shoved Robben up front and brought in Shaqiri. I would have gladly taken a point from this game but 3 first half goals ensured we got 3pts.

----------------------------------------------------------
images

2012-13 UEFA Champions League Draw

Group C

Bayern Munich
Valencia
FC Kobenhavn
Partizan Belgrade

Quite happy with that draw - should safely navigate my way through as group winners! There were 2 groups of death - one with Chelsea, PSG, Dortmund and Benfica while the other had Barcelona
, Man City, Ajax and Galatasaray.

I have just noticed that not one club spent a penny in June/July/August - if nobody spends any money in January then this story may have an early end! Dont know whats happened here. I am using the latest database too..........

I DISABLED THE TRANSFER BUDGETS ACCIDENTALLY FOR THE FIRST WINDOW!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Not the end of the world but annoying just the same

That could work to your advantage though. I mean none of your targets will leave in the summer and if they give you money to spend in January you could get them then.

images

SEPTEMBER

This was a decent month albeit a tough one as we battled our way from one injury crisis to another in almost a game to game basis! Eventually we did lose our first game of the season but I am pleased with the boys start to the season so far.

We did kick off our Champions League campaign with a great victory away to Valencia which was the highlight of the month.

Bayern Munich 1-0 Eintracht Frankfurt
Kroos

I had 2 strikers available (Muller and Pizarro) but had Ribery and Robben added to the injury list so I wasnt any better off really. Alaba has returned from injury however and made the bench.

UEFA Champions League Group C

Valencia 1-2 Bayern Munich
Pizarro, Kroos

A very nice way to begin our Champions League campaign. Although we did fall behind early doors we recovered well to get the win. Elsewhere Olympiakos beat Real Madrid 3-0!!!!

Greuther Furth 2-6 Bayern Munich
Gomez, Schweinsteiger, Luiz Gustavo, Kroos, Muller, Shaqiri

A great win! We were 3up after 20min and cruising and then it was 3-2 at half-time and we werent! This was Mario Gomez's first game back - his stats have radically dropped due to his injury.

Bayern Munich 2-0 Schalke
Shaqiri, Muller

Youngster Mitchell Weiser made his debut here as we are short of fit wingers at the moment. Schalke had a goal disallowed when the score was at 1-0.

Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 Bayern Munich

Finally the injuries caught up with us!!! Although we were by far the better team an early penalty from Schurrle in the 2nd half got them the points. I was without Mandzukic, Robben, Ribery, Javi Martinez, Dante and Kroos.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TONI KROOS

images

View attachment 296552

You have started something here now Klippy, got to be one of the best challenges there is. I am even going to give it a go myself!

images

OCTOBER

A very busy and very challenging month this was. We scraped past in several games but our luck ran out against Hamburg where we got thumped.

There is one main issue I have been having and that is that a few of my players are hating my team talks and claiming they are being victimized including Shaqiri and Mandzukic. It has still been a good start to the season though!

------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich 4-0 FC Kobenhavn
Robben 2(1pen), Dante 2

A good win as we played a load of backup players.

---------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich 1-0 Hannover
Schweinsteiger (pen)

How on earth we only scored once I dont know as we had 33 attempts at goal.

----------------------------------------------------

Augsburg 1-2 Bayern Munich
Gomez 2

Mandzukic finally made his debut off the bench here as Gomez was taken off injured.

----------------------------------------------------

Partizan Belgrade 1-2 Bayern Munich
Kroos, Muller

Muller spared our blushes here as he came off the bench to score in stoppage time. I did play a backup team mostly as I gave starts to Jennings, Contento and Pizarro.

Hamburg 3-0 Bayern Munich

**** SAKE!!!! We deserved a point and Schweinsteiger had a first-half penalty saved but we couldnt break them down and they got all their goals in the final 15min. Losing in the 1st place was bad enough but 3-0 is a disgrace!

German Cup 2nd Round

Greuther Furth 1-2 Bayern Munich
Muller, Mandzukic

We fell behind early on but came back to win despite having a goal disallowed.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
THOMAS MULLER
images

View attachment 296580

If one of my two stories are a failure and I still want to have a second, I know what to do next.

images

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOVEMBER

Before we had even kicked a ball in anger this month the board decided to give me £15m of a transfer kitty so I am now planning my moves in the transfer market. I tried to get Wellington Nem but he decided to join Marseille instead however I have managed to arrange the signing of Ademilson for £5.25m.

Unfortunately that bit of good news was soon forgotten about as Arjen Robben is out for at least 6 months with a cruciate injury he picked up while on international duty. That is a huge blow regarding this years Champions League.

Finally former Champions League winners Hamburg, PSV, AC Milan and Inter Milan all sacked their managers during the month. Stuart Pearce took over at Inter! (Bilbao sacked Bielsa too btw)

Bayern Munich 3-0 Borussia Monchengladbach
Mandzukic, Muller, Ribery

3up after 25min - we strolled for the rest of the game.

---------------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich 2-0 Partizan Belgrade
Dante 2

CB Dante came off the bench on 55min and scored twice within 10min! This win sees us qualify for the knockout stages.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mainz 1-2 Bayern Munich
Mandzukic, Shaqiri

Mainz are doing well this season but we scored twice in the first 12min to get the points

------------------------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich 4-1 Fortuna Dusseldorf
Dante, Shaqiri, Malezas (og), Kroos

Who needs Robben when we have Shaqiri? He was immense in this game as he scored 1 and set-up 2.

Bayern Munich 3-0 Valencia
Diego Alves (og), Mandzukic, Shaqiri

A nice win although Ribery and Contento went off injured with Contento being ruled out for 2 months.

Nurnberg 1-3 Bayern Munich
Alaba, Mandzukic 2

Bayern Munich 2-0 Borussia Dortmund
Muller, Boateng

It seems that the title race is over before it has begun now. Pleased with the win but Dortmund were poor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
XHERDAN SHAQIRI

images

View attachment 297010

Pearce took over on my game as well.
I'm looking to start a Champions League challenge as well but I am doing well in my Arsenal campaign so will save it for when I get bored.
I'll be looking to take over a team that has some golden oldies so as to get them out the way before they retire. Bayern were a decent shout, although I may go for Juve.

Good luck without Robben!

Back