Klippybo Taking On the Champions League Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 412
  • Views Views 92K
Good Luck in the CL. :)

Just added the bundesliga to my game for my own CL challenge, Hamburg are obviously the team you'll need to invest time in to get the results, Bayern's got some pretty big egos and some ageing players though, each team has its own challenges I guess.

losing Robben's a big issue, who do you think your most effective attackers been up to now? Mueller, Kroos, Robben, Ribery?

images

Mr Bayern Munich himself

DECEMBER

A fairly quiet month really as we were unbeaten and only slipped up by drawing away to Wolfsburg. I did manage to arrange the signing of Jones Okore for £1.3m so he will provide cover at the back although in hindsight he wont be able to help us in the Champions League!

Marseille, Feyenoord and Nottingham Forest sacked their managers during this month.

--------------------------------------------------

Wolfsburg 0-0 Bayern Munich

Our first draw of the league season. I can accept that here.

--------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group C

FC Kobenhavn 0-2 Bayern Munich
Javi Martinez, Muller

6 wins out of 6 in the group stage!

-----------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich 2-1 Freiburg
Muller, Kroos

------------------------------------------------------

Stuttgart 0-2 Bayern Munich
Shaqiri, Badstuber

A nice win this although we were helped when they had a man sent-off.

German Cup 3rd Round

Kaiserslautern 1-2 Bayern Munich
Muller, Pizarro

A nice way to end the calendar year - we will play Leverkusen in the quarters.

-------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HOLGER BADSTUBER

images

View attachment 297064

--------------------------------------------------------------
images

UEFA Champions League 1st Round Draw

Malaga v Bayern Munich - pretty happy with that!
View attachment 297065

Good Luck in the CL. :)

Just added the bundesliga to my game for my own CL challenge, Hamburg are obviously the team you'll need to invest time in to get the results, Bayern's got some pretty big egos and some ageing players though, each team has its own challenges I guess.

losing Robben's a big issue, who do you think your most effective attackers been up to now? Mueller, Kroos, Robben, Ribery?

Toni Kroos by a long long way 21 games, 8 goals, 10 assists

Mr Heynckes just quit Bayern in my game so thats where i'd have been appearing had we won the Final. Rafa Benitez got the job so it should be free again pretty soon

images

Director of Football Rummenigge was a busy boy this month

JANUARY

Only 2 games this month so not much going on on the pitch but off the pitch it was all about the transfers..................

The first thing I did was sell Mario Gomez to Juventus for £30m. He wasnt playing well and was getting outshone by Mandzukic so I let him go. I also sold Luiz Gustavo to Juventus for £12m as I felt after bringing in Okore I could use Javi Martinez as a CM if I get a bit short there.

So who to bring in? I agreed a £24m deal for Gareth Bale but I cancelled it as somebody even better got transfer listed...................
images

FALCAO

The Colombian goal grabber was picked up for £33m. He will surely rip the Bundesliga apart and he can play in the Champions League even though he played in the Europa League this season already. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

I also arranged to sign a young German on a pre-contract agreement and also Luke Shaw off Southampton on the same kind of deal. Added to the instant arrivals of Okore and Ademilson I think we are definately stronger. I just need Robben to get fit - 3-5 months apparently.

Hoffenheim 1-5 Bayern Munich
Shaqiri 2, Ribery, Javi Martinez, Pizarro

Three goals in the opening 10min meant that this was a stroll in the park.

Bayern Munich 2-0 Werder Bremen
Mandzukic, Javi Martinez

We dominated from start to finish and we finally scored twice in the last 5min.

----------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JAVI MARTINEZ

images

View attachment 297084

And here are the other main transfers..........
View attachment 297086

Falcao is the sort of signing that could potentially win you the CL. Good luck i'm following.

images

FEBRUARY

This month was all about our new signing as Radamel Falcao banged in 8 goals during the month. He was unstoppable really and although the title is all but won I hope he keeps it up in Europe! Unfortunately we are out of the German Cup as we lost out to Leverkusen - days after beating them - for the 2nd time this season.

Eintracht Frankfurt 0-1 Bayern Munich
Shaqiri

All the hype was about Falcao making his debut but this game was a damp squib. A 2nd half goal from the excellent Shaqiri won it for us. He has only been outshone by Toni Kroos this season as Ribery has been disappointing and Robben crocked.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich 2-0 Greuther Furth
Muller, Falcao

To tell the truth I expected to score 5 or 6 here so was kinda disappointed with the result here. A win is a win though! Falcao netted his first goal for the club and got an assist.

Schalke 2-3 Bayern Munich
Falcao 2, Hildebrand (og)

Schalke had just beaten Man City 3-1 in the Champions League so I knew this would be a tough game.In t

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
Malaga 1-5 Bayern Munich
Falcao 4(1pen), Rafinha

BOOM!!! Falcao has settled then! Rafinha scored from 57 yards!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich 4-0 Bayer Leverkusen
Dante, Falcao, Ademilson, Muller

Ademilson made his debut off the bench here and scored. We are now 13pts clear of Leverkusen now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

German Cup QF
Bayer Leverkusen 2-0 Bayern Munich

We got absolutely battered here. I had a weaker side out than the one that beat them 4-0 a few days before so Leverkusen got their revenge quickly!

----------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FALCAO
images

View attachment 297337

This is a really interesting challenge, seem to be going well and Falcao is beast signing for that amount.

images

MARCH

Youth intake time!!!!! I got a load of Germans as well as a player from both Scotland and San Marino but I only offered out about 4 contracts. These are the best two....
View attachment 297390View attachment 297391
View attachment 297402View attachment 297403
I really like the look of the 14y/o full back.

On the pitch we qualified for next seasons Champions League and even managed to score 8 against Augsburg while Falcao keeps banging the goals in.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hannover 1-2 Bayern Munich
Ribery, Falcao

For the second game running Manuel Neuer was man of the match so it shows that we arent having it all our own way just now.

Bayern Munich 8-2 Augsburg
Ribery, Kroos, Falcao 3, Shaqiri, Muller, Mandzukic

Augsburg sacked their manager after this game unsurprisingly!

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Bayern Munich (5) 1-0 Malaga (1)
Shaqiri
(Agg: 6-1)

I rested a few players here and gave Ademilson his first start ahead of Pizarro and Mandzukic (and Falcao obviously). Even Hargreaves got a start!

--------------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich 1-0 Hamburg
Falcao (pen)

Whats this I see? Falcao missed a first half penalty!!!! Fine him! lol. Just as well he scored one in the second half.........

---------------------------------------------------------

Borussia Monchengladbach 1-0 Bayern Munich

Neuer's ****-up cost us the game - although he did save a penalty to make up for it sort of.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FRANCK RIBERY

images

View attachment 297401

-----------------------------------------------------------
images

UEFA Champions League Draws
View attachment 297404
A chance to get revenge for last years final. Lets hope Schalke complete the Manchester double after knocking out City! We avoided the Spanish giants - thats the main thing.

great story.....if bayern win the cl who will you look to manage?? are any of the jobs you want insecure???

great story.....if bayern win the cl who will you look to manage?? are any of the jobs you want insecure???

I would like to go to Barca or AC Milan probably next but not to fussed. Have to win the Champions League first of course. Want to steer clear of Villa, Celtic, Forest, Steaua, Feyenoord, PSV, Hamburg and Red Star until the world of regens kicks in lol.

As for Man Utd - that doesnt bear thinking about for me lol

images

APRIL

What a month this was! Sure we lost and drew a few games but we secured the title and have the advantage in our Champions League semi over Man Utd. Can we do it?

I agreed to sign Besiktas youngster Demirci on a free as well as a Spanish regen. Hopefully I wont have to see them here too long lol. Former Champions League winners Ajax and if my memory serves me right Aston Villa sacked their managers.

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg

Chelsea 2-1 Bayern Munich
Falcao

The first game we fail to win in this years competition and it hurts! At least we got the away goal. We took an early lead but Lampard and Terry struck in the 2nd half for them.

Bayern Munich 1-1 Mainz
Mandzukic

Talk about resting players! My line up here was Neuer, Rafinha, Okore, Badstuber, Contento, Hargreaves, Alaba, Mandzukic, Fischer, Jennings and Ademilson!

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg
Bayern Munich (1) 3-1 Chelsea (2)
Shaqiri, Falcao (pen), Kroos
(Agg: 4-3)

Fantastic! We were 1up at half-time and then scored two goals in 5 second half minutes to cruise into the semis where we will play Man Utd.

Fortuna Dusseldorf 1-3 Bayern Munich
Muller 2, Falcao

We went behind but recovered well. Unfortunately Muller got injured and is out for a month.

Bayern Munich 1-0 Nurnberg
Rafinha (pen)

Another game where we rested everyone apart from Neuer. Not risking anything that might hamper out Champions Leeague chances. A late penalty won it for us and that wrapped up the title!

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg

Manchester United 1-2 Bayern Munich
Falcao, Ribery

WHAT A ******* RESULT!!!!!!! 0-0 at half-time but we had Lahm and Javi Martinez taken off injured. Vidic put them ahead but Falcao quickly levelled and then Ribery scored a beauty. We only had 2 shots on target.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Borussia Dortmund 1-0 Bayern Munich

Meh! Rested a load of players so expected to get beat.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FALCAO
images

View attachment 297438

good luck in the quarters (i won't be too far off them myself, that is if i can beat Gladbach first) What are they like as a team? With you in Germany you might now?

Also bit of insider information... Hazard and Mata are brilliant you will have to watch out for them, however David Luiz makes numerous mistakes so get Falcao matched with him!! KIU

images

MAY

We did it!!! After scraping past Man Utd we defeated Arsenal in the final thanks to 2 goals from Falcao. Other than that there was nothing much happening! lol

In the league we rested a load of players so the results suffered but it was all about resting players for the Champions League.

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Bayern Munich (2) 1-0 Manchester United (1)
Ribery
(Agg: 3-1)

Into the final we go! We battered them here but kept missing the target. Rooney had a late penalty saved but Boateng got sent-off and will miss the final where we will play Arsenal as they overcame a 3-1 deficit to eliminate Real Madrid.

----------------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich 1-1 Wolfsburg
Alaba

I dont know how we didnt win this game - not that it matters really.

Freiburg 1-0 Bayern Munich

Dont care. lol

Bayern Munich 2-1 Stuttgart
Rafinha, Shaqiri

Stuttgart are relegated as we end the league season with a win.

UEFA Champions League Final

Arsenal 0-2 Bayern Munich
Falcao 2

So here it is the Champions League Final. Robben just failed to make it while Ribery got injured the day before in training. Boateng was suspended also.

As it was we got lucky as Arsenal were the better side as they had over 20 shots on goal compared to our 14. After a tight first half ended goalless we took the lead in the 50th min and just managed to hold on. Falcao struck in the 88th min to secure the trophy. It seems that the Champions League costs £33m!!!

For posterity the line-ups were -

Bayern - Neuer, Rafinha (Contento), Javi Martinez (Badstuber), Dante, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Alaba, Shaqiri, Kroos, Muller, Falcao

Arsenal - Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Andre Santos, Sissoko, Ramsey, Gervinho, Cazorla, Diaby (Chamakh), Giroud

END OF SEASON POST TO FOLLOW

Well done mate. Falcao seems well worth the outlook.

Interesting to see where you go now..

Back