Klippybo Taking On the Champions League Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 412
  • Views Views 92K
Brilliant on the CL!!! Falcao really took you to the next level!

Aw man I wish Arsenal would have won. Oh well good job with Bayern! Any jobs opening?

Excellent work mate! You've just beat me to the first winner of the CL in this challenge, which I should get 1st season as I am playing as Barca!

Brilliant on the CL!!! Falcao really took you to the next level!

Yep - before signing him I felt I had an outside chance as the only thing lacking was a world class striker so when I snared him I was over the moon as I felt we had a real chance then and so it proved as he ended up top goalscorer in the competition despite missing the group stage.

To do it without Robben for pretty much the whole season is quite impressive although Shaqiri is a beast!

Yep - before signing him I felt I had an outside chance as the only thing lacking was a world class striker so when I snared him I was over the moon as I felt we had a real chance then and so it proved as he ended up top goalscorer in the competition despite missing the group stage.

To do it without Robben for pretty much the whole season is quite impressive although Shaqiri is a beast!

Well i hope he can strike up a partnership with Torres, or if that fails with Llorente next year! Can't wait to see where you head off too. You going to stay with Bayern until a decent job offer becomes available?

Well i hope he can strike up a partnership with Torres, or if that fails with Llorente next year! Can't wait to see where you head off too. You going to stay with Bayern until a decent job offer becomes available?

Yep - not at July the 1st yet so no managers have retired but I am not going to leave here to go to Forest if that came up. Ideally someone in the Champions League who I think I could win it with straight away so that would be AC/Inter/Juve/Barca/Real/Chelsea and that team from Manchester lol.

Would consider Benfica/Porto/Ajax/Liverpool but we shall see what happens. Going to treat pre-season with Bayern as if I was going to stay there forever so if I could sign Messi I would even though that would mean I wouldnt have him when I went to Barca

great job, it seems you could be doing back to back if some big manager gets sacked....btw, what's your reputation?

great job, it seems you could be doing back to back if some big manager gets sacked....btw, what's your reputation?

International footballer - 36 caps and 4 goals for Scotland was what I started with and I am now considered to be world class!

images

END OF SEASON POST

A fantastic first season in this career was had no doubt as we claimed the title, super cup and most importantly the Champions League. The season could be split into two parts - before Falcao and after Falcao. lol

As I said before without Falcao we had a slim chance of winning the big one but with him it was much more likely as I had world class players in every position. I honestly felt that when I had my starting XI only Barca and Real Madrid could field a stronger one.

---------------------------------------------------

SUPPORTERS PLAYER OF THE SEASON
images

Surprised me too! lol

FIRST TEAM SQUAD
View attachment 297519

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 297520

THE OTHER BIG LEAGUES
View attachment 297521View attachment 297522View attachment 297523View attachment 297524

r u gonna leave bayern now or just wait for new team to offer job to u

Hmmm, not too many underperforming clubs around. Perhaps the Inter job will become available, or maybe the Villa job if you want a serious challenge!?

images

PRE-SEASON POST - JULY

Well folks I am still at Bayern! There were no jobs available in the summer that involved former Champions League winners so I am staying put for now.

----------------------------------------------------

AIMS
Either win the Champions League with Bayern or get a new job!

PLAYERS IN
I blew my whole budget (£35m) on one player - Mario Gotze. Dortmund had transfer listed him and Hummels but Gotze was the one I wanted. With Robben's stats having deteriorated I felt that he would be the perfect replacement. I have also brought in Mattia Destro on a free as well as Logan Bailly on a free to be my new backup keeper.

Finally the youngsters I signed in the pre-arranged deals arrived.

PLAYERS OUT
There have been no takers for Robben, Mandzukic or Rafinha so far which is annoying and surprising. Maybe they will be gone by the time the window closes as I have no money to spend and really need to bring in a CM. A few players got released, most notably Pizarro and Hargreaves while I sold Starke and Petersen for a few million.

View attachment 297529

SUMMARY
Might be a tad harsh on Shaqiri but the only planned change to my first eleven is Gotze coming into the RW. If that doesnt work I can swap him with Ribery or Muller until I find the right combination. We need another CM to provide cover but as things stand I feel we could retain the Champions League if I am still here at the end of the season!

German Super Cup

Bayer Leverkusen 1-2 Bayern Munich
Javi Martinez, Muller

We destroyed them here and should have scored 5 or 6 but never mind - another trophy is won!

When you leave Bayern, transfer list Falcao and your best players at low prices so you can buy them at your next club unless it is Forest.

images

AUGUST

On the pitch it was a good start to the season as we progressed in the cup, defeated Kaiserslautern and clinched the European Super Cup.

Off the pitch we sold Mario Mandzukic to Spurs for £15.25m which gave me £4m to try and find a central midfielder. So I am currently racking my brains to try and think of a good cheap central midfielder.

Will find out if I am successful in Septembers update.

--------------------------------------------------

German Cup 1st Round

Brinkum 0-5 Bayern Munich
Shaqiri 2, Jennings 2, Destro

Jennings also set up two goals here. Ademilson started up top and failed to score which was a disappointment. Destro came on for him and showed him how to do it.

-------------------------------------------------------

Kaiserslautern 1-3 Bayern Munich
Falcao 3

This was fairly disappointing considering they had a man sent-off early on.

--------------------------------------------------------

UEFA European Super Cup

Tottenham Hotspur 1-4 Bayern Munich
Ribery, Javi Martinez, Gotze, Falcao

I will take this! Trophy number 5 with Bayern is secured.

---------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FALCAO

images

----------------------------------------------------------
images

UEFA Champions League Draw

Group G

Bayern Munich
Dynamo Kiev
FC Kobenhavn
Dinamo

I dont think I could have hand picked an easier group to be honest. Wouldnt have swapped one other team from the other groups to make this one easier!

great to see u still at Bayern and hope u either win it or move on lol(with all due respect)

images

SEPTEMBER

We won every game this month but I am not a happy bunny. We arent scoring near enough the amount of goals that our play deserves and we arent killing off teams when we should.

Not going to do anything rash though - wont leave Bayern for Celtic or one of the harder teams just yet. Maybe Newcastle/Bilbao or Aberdeen will sack their managers lol.

I did find a cheap CM though as I signed Andile Jali from Orlando Pirates for £3.9m.
View attachment 297751

-------------------------------------------------

Eintracht Frankfurt 0-2 Bayern Munich
Falcao 2(1pen)

UEFA Champions League Group G
Bayern Munich 2-0 Dinamo
Robben, Destro

Robben is now considered to be a backup player by me - such a shame - so it was nice to see him grab a goal.

Bayern Munich 3-1 Mainz
Falcao, Muller, Ademilson

Since the Spurs game we seem to be just scraping the results. We will need to improve against the bigger sides for sure. Just realised in this game I am subconsciously trying to recreate the Brazil side from the 80's with Falcao and Muller. Will need to find a Zico now..........

Union Berlin 0-2 Bayern Munich
Falcao 2(1pen)

Bayern Munich 2-1 Wolfsburg
Ribery, Falcao

This is really ******* me off! By half-time we had 20 attempts at goal yet we only scrape the win. It sounds wierd but I am not enjoying life at Munich just now it has to be said.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FALCAO
images

View attachment 297741

Last edited:
images

The real reason I started at Munich

OCTOBER

Got to be impressed with this month as my Bayern players took notice of my frustrations from the previous month.....

----------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group G

FC Kobenhavn 0-2 Bayern Munich
Jali, Shaqiri

Another win as my backups did a fine job.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bayer Leverkusen 0-3 Bayern Munich
Ribery, Falcao 2

Thats more like it!!! Both sides went into the game with a 100% record but we thumped them. Falcao even got sent-off.

----------------------------------------------------------------

STUART LEAVES MUNICH FOR MILAN

images

First of all I didnt get offered it I just went in for it on the day of the Kobenhavn game (I noticed the opening 10min after my previous post) and got the offer the day after the Leverkusen game. I am giving up so much that it is unreal! Here are a few brief points.........

*Taking a wage cut from £60k per week to £20k per week
*Given up the chance to win the Club World Cup
*Inter are not in the Champions League
*Inter's finances are insecure
*JUST LOOK AT THE ****** TABLE AND RECENT RESULTS!!!!!!!

View attachment 297782View attachment 297783

Oh and it doesnt get much better when you look at the squad.......
View attachment 297784

There is something to work with I suppose. Delighted to see the likes of Crisetig, Handanovic, Sneijder and Ranocchia there but there are so many old players that will need to go!

My aim is to stabilise Inter and get them back on track. Who knows maybe another job will come along and I will jump ship but we shall see. A lot of work needs done here anyways!

In saying bye to Munich I am departing a world class squad which should be challenging at the top for at least the next 5 years. With the experience of Falcao, Lahm, Neuer etc and the youth of Shaqiri, Gotze and Alaba methinks they will win the Champions League again shortly.

OCTOBER (pt2) WILL BE POSTED NEXT

similar to me with AC Milan they were 18th when i took over so will probs take a while to get bk in champions league

Back