Klippybo Taking On the Champions League Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 412
  • Views Views 92K
images

OCTOBER

Still here!!! We had a decent month although we lost against Juventus heavily in a game where all 9 goals were scored in the first half.

There has been several managers sacked but none of my future destinations however one is precarious and I have declared my interest in the job...............

-----------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 3-1 Padova
Krieger 3

They had a man sent-off and then took the lead somehow but then we clicked into gear.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ascoli 1-3 AC Milan
Capuano, Schulze, Krieger

We went behind and then they had one disallowed so to come through with a win was nice.

------------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group H
Shakhtar Donetsk 0-0 AC Milan

AC Milan 4-2 Napoli
Meda 2, Deri, Strnad

We also had a goal disallowed here and could have scored even more than that!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus 6-3 AC Milan
Krieger (pen), Schulze, Strnad

**** SAKE!!! This was also the score at half-time in a crazy 45min. Their striker Ramiro Batalla scored 5 goals.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 2-0 Udinese
Verratti, Babu

--------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANTIAGO KRIEGER

View attachment 307301

View attachment 307300
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOTLAND

FIFA World Cup Quals Group 8

Hungary 0-3 Scotland
Cairney, S.Easton 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faroe Islands 1-5 Scotland
McGeouch 3(1pen), Hendrie, Rhodes

That's an epic game. Have a pkm of that?

I guess you'll keep the suspense on that insecure job until you get it. But be it -if- you get it.

That's an epic game. Have a pkm of that?

I guess you'll keep the suspense on that insecure job until you get it. But be it -if- you get it.

Lol - 1 is precarious and 1 is insecure and I would be happy to go to both (both are in this seasons CL) yet I have been offered 1 other job (also in this seasons CL) but dont want to take it.

To add to the complications some big nations never qualified for the World Cup (including Italy and Portugal) so that may also lead to some club jobs becoming available. Arsenal, Fiorentina, Atletico Madrid have all been and gone so far........

images

NOVEMBER

Although I spent most of the month checking the job security screen I am still here. 2 jobs really appealed - one being Liverpool - but they thumped Real Madrid 4-0 and he was safe from then on!

I was however offered the Celtic post. Although they are through to the CL quarter finals I felt I had not a chance of being competitive with their squad. They also only offered me a transfer budget of £1.4m. Even if I spent half an hour before each match plotting and planning I felt it would be pointless so I said no!

------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 2-1 Shakhtar Donetsk
Luiz Fernando, Krieger

-------------------------------------------------------------

Genoa 0-3 AC Milan
Verratti, Benetti, Stefanowicz

Another nice win with the 3 players that came into the side scoring goals!

---------------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 4-0 Chievo
Babu, Strnad, Krieger, Schulze

We have just drawn Chievo in the cup so this was a nice taster of what to expect lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dinamo Moscow 0-9 AC Milan
Krieger 3, Benetti 2, Barani 2, Curcio, Stefanowicz

A great win as my backups went to town here and made us qualify for the next stage. We were 6-0 up at half-time

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter Milan 0-0 AC Milan

This was very frustrating as we had an early goal disallowed and completely dominated throughout.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANTIAGO KRIEGER

View attachment 307530

View attachment 307532

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
images

SCOTLAND

Friendlies

Scotland 1-2 Ukraine
S.Easton

-------------------------------------------------

Andorra 0-3 Scotland
Rhodes, S.Easton, Wilson

images

DECEMBER

An end of another year and we grab ourselves another trophy. No new jobs have become available so I am beginning to think I may be here for a while yet!!

We dropped points in the league at home again as once again we threw away a 2 goal lead!

In the Champions League we were drawn against Man City while in the World Cup my Scotland side will face Belgium, Chile and Thailand.

----------------------------------------------

AC Milan 4-0 Celtic
Barani 2, Benetti, Lunardi

I turned down the Celtic job a couple of days beforehand lol

------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 2-2 Brescia
Strnad, Lunardi

Awful!!!! We threw away a 2 goal lead in the last 15min.

FIFA Club World Cup SF
Santos Laguna 1-4 AC Milan
Barani, Stefanowicz 3

A nice win. Barani has almost a goal a game this season and despite Stefanowicz's stats he always performs amazingly for me!

FIFA Club World Cup Final

AC Milan 3-2 River Plate
Barani 2, Babu (pen)

Another trophy!!! Pretty comfortable despite the close scoreline.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 2-2 Palermo
Strnad, Krieger (pen)

Another 2 goal lead thrown away - and they had a goal disallowed!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 3-0 Fiorentina
Strnad, Capuano, Babu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ROBERTO BARANI
View attachment 307562

View attachment 307563

KRIS STUART TAKES OVER AT OLYMPIQUE MARSEILLE!!!!!!
images

I have had my eye on this job for a while. They are struggling domestically but they stormed to the top of their Champions League group - defeating Man City in the process - and got rewarded with a draw against Barcelona!!!!
View attachment 307587

I had hoped that I had a half chance of nicking it this season but the squad is **** poor. There are a few shining lights but it needs strengthening and I have a budget of only £14m. Real life player wise Jadson is the only big name but there are a few decent regens.................

View attachment 307588View attachment 307590View attachment 307589

The good thing is that I get the job just before the transfer window so I have my work cut out!!!!!

images

JANUARY

Methinks my stay in Marseille will be short!!! The squad needs a major overhaul and the quality of players that is wanting to come to me is just not good enough. There is no way we will nick the CL this season and we probably wont even qualify for next years tournament so I aim to give them a starting point at the very least!

I spent most of the month recruiting. I pretty much changed the entire backroom staff and I spent a load of cash on players however I also sold a lot. The foriegner rule (only 4 allowed) really hampers me as all the best players that are interested in coming here are Brazilian!

I paid £17.5m for Brazilian attacking midfielder Lima and £12.5m for Philippe Roux. I spent £4.5m on my new LB Gabriel Mlambo and £2.9m for Elie Magnoler. Finally on deadline day I signed Raheem Sterling from Liverpool for £5.5m.
View attachment 307814
View attachment 307818View attachment 307817View attachment 307816View attachment 307815

I also spent several small fees (below £2m each) on these guys taking my total spend to just under £50m.

View attachment 307820View attachment 307823View attachment 307822View attachment 307821

Outwards were several experienced players - raking in £31m. The highest fee was £7.25m for Uruguayan midfielder Oliveira.

I have also decided to play Rocha on the RW so I can play Dlamini up front. Rocha isnt accomplished in the position yet but it shouldnt take him too long. Out of all my new signings only Mlambo, Sterling and Lima will start every week although Sterling will have to battle with Floridia when the Italian returns from injury.

---------------------------------------------------

French Cup 9th Round
Chamois Niortais 2-4 Marseille
Floridia 2, Piron, Oliveira
AET

A bit worrying that a side that is in the lowly national league took us to extra time. Unfortunately Floridia got injured and is out for 2 months.

----------------------------------------------------------

Marseille 0-0 Lille

We played really well but just couldnt score. I am happy with a point though as we had Halu sent-off in the 2nd half and Lille sit at the top of the league also.

French Cup 10th Round

Marseille 4-2 Cannes
Magnoler 2, Svensson, Milunovic
AET

Again a team from the lower leagues take us to extra-time!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Paris Saint-Germain 3-0 Marseille

Outclassed!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Marseille 3-2 Tours
Dlamini 2, Milunovic

My first league win with Marseille!!! We got the winner in stoppage time thankfully. I gave Philippe Roux his debut here against his old side.

Bordeaux 0-2 Marseille
Dlamini, Milunovic

----------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUKA MILUNOVIC
images

View attachment 307812

images

FEBRUARY

Plodding along!!!! Every other club I have been to I have hit the ground running and half expect to win every game but that is not the case here. My defense has more leaks than a leaky thing and if it wasnt for Dlamini we would be in a relegation battle!

Having said that we are still in with a (feint) chance in the Champions League after drawing 1-1 away to Barcelona. I usually just pick my team and go but for this one I spent 20min tweaking things and it seemed to work!

---------------------------------------------------------

Marseille 1-0 Dijon
Dlamini

Lyon 5-2 Marseille
Dlamini, Milunovic

This was annoying as we fought back to level after going 2-0 down and then we conceded 3 in the last 15min! Not good enough at all!

French Cup 11th Round
Boulogne 2-3 Marseille
Rocha, Svensson, Dlamini
AET

3 times now a lower divison side has taken us to extra-time. It is glaringly obvious that I should have improved my defense in January............

--------------------------------------------------------------

Marseille 2-2 Monaco
Helu, Choinski

Got to be happy with that. We were 2 down after 20min but we were level at half-time. Mlambo got sent-off in the 2nd half and we held on for a point. Choinski scored on his debut here.

Stade de Reims 0-3 Marseille
Boly, Dlamini, Helu

A perfect time to play the bottom side. It meant I could rest several players for the Barca match.

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
Barcelona 1-1 Marseille
Dlamini

I honestly dont know how we got this result (maybe it had something to do with the 20min prep time lol). They had 28 shots - we had 2. They missed a penalty and were so dominant it was unreal yet we took the lead after an hour. My old player Paulinho levelled for them and we held on. At best I wanted to still be in with a chance for the 2nd leg - mission accomplished!!!!

Marseille 4-0 Le Havre
Sterling, Lima 2(1pen), Dlamini

Le Havre are in the top 4 so if we are to make a late charge for Champions League football for next year we had to win this and we duly did.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
WILKO DLAMINI
View attachment 307936

View attachment 307937

i believe u can do very well with marsellie...those regens look ok and with the right tactic u can win the big prize..i honestly thought my dortmund side was not gd enought but they won it for me..now i am at porto..with a ok squad can i win it again

images

MARCH

It couldnt really happen could it? It just could you know!!!! My Marseille side has just clicked into place at the right time. Dlamini is scoring for fun, Jadson has been a creative force in midfield and even my defence has improved (slightly).

We managed to defeat Barca at home in the CL and I was stunned and then we got drawn against my old club Porto and we put five past them! Porto are weaker than when I had them but they still have Benitez, Duarte, Centurion, Ortiz and Alcami.

Saint-Etienne 2-4 Marseille
Helu, Lima 2, Okoro (og)

A great win. We fell behind twice and still came through to get the win.

Marseille 2-0 Evian
Boly, Dlamini

I rested several players for the upcoming Champions League game.

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Marseille (1) 2-0 Barcelona (1)
Aguirre, Dlamini
(Agg: 3-1)

Speechless!!!!

Marseille 1-0 Sochaux
Colin (og)

My team is beginning to hit form and get used to my tactics now. Maybe a Champions League spot isnt out of reach after all!

French Cup QF
Marseille 3-1 AC Ajaccio
Boly, Rocha, Jakubovits

Another lower league side in the French Cup!!! No extra-time here though.

Montpellier 1-3 Marseille
Dlamini 2, Helu

We were 2up really quickly here and cruised the remainder of the game.

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg

Marseille 5-3 FC Porto
Dlamini 3, Helu, Lima

What a game!!! We were 2 nil down at half-time and looking down and out but then we scored 4 quick goals in the 2nd half. They got a late goal which was annoying but Dlamini scored a stoppage time goal for his hat-trick.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
WILKO DLAMINI

View attachment 308901

View attachment 308902

---------------------------------------------------
images

SCOTLAND

Friendly

Estonia 1-3 Scotland
McGeouch, Rhodes, Johnstone

Last edited:
Commenting on Ur story after a While Klippy, was always following it though, nice work with Marseille mate...always thought u would be able to finish 4th after i saw ur regens transfers in Jan and u surely on ur way to achieve that......Good Luck for the Big One though

Commenting on Ur story after a While Klippy, was always following it though, nice work with Marseille mate...always thought u would be able to finish 4th after i saw ur regens transfers in Jan and u surely on ur way to achieve that......Good Luck for the Big One though

Getting a bit bored of the story now truth be told but will carry on until the latest database comes out and then I can do a Newcastle save.

Need top 3 for the Champions League though!

Getting a bit bored of the story now truth be told but will carry on until the latest database comes out and then I can do a Newcastle save.

thought something was wrong when u didnt update it last night and that it was surely gonna get boring as well, i dont really like Changing Clubs often in a Save as i tend to build at one club and then Dominate b4 starting a New save altogether....
Good thing is that Newcastle have done really well in the Transfer Market and that would mean that u'll have a Great team from the Beginning which i m sure u'll develop further....i too m gonna start a Newcastle Save at some point this year...
Win the Champs League this season or next with Marseille and World Cup with Scotland if Possible and then Retire as the Greatest Champs League Winning manger ever

do kno how you feel a bit but gonna go as long as i can on it and in 10 more seasons see how many i have won

You're in 2022? On my CL challenge I can't get on it often and it overheated halfway through deadline day so your PC must be miraculous and you are a legend

You're in 2022? On my CL challenge I can't get on it often and it overheated halfway through deadline day so your PC must be miraculous and you are a legend

I load up every top division of all the countries and the championship in England and when I arrive in a new country I add the minor leagues and when I win the ECL I delete them!

I have kept the Spanish top division even though I am never going back there and will delete the French/Romanian/Serbian leagues if/when I win with their respective teams

I load up every top division of all the countries and the championship in England and when I arrive in a new country I add the minor leagues and when I win the ECL I delete them!

I have kept the Spanish top division even though I am never going back there and will delete the French/Romanian/Serbian leagues if/when I win with their respective teams
Ah, okay. I await to see how you fare with Nottingham Forest. Be absolutely annoying if they are in Blue Square Bet.

Alright mate, been a silent follower so far but well done on doing so well. Just a quick question, I know tend to use the same tactic when on a long term save but I've heard people on the site saying that halfway through the season the game 'learns' the tactic so it's not effective. Does this ever happen to you and if so how do you fight against it?

hey klyppibo, i'm a great fan of this story and even rated it 5 star :)
I'd like to know how you 'prepare' matches like you wrote, or at least a link where i can find how to and what aspects I need to look at when preparing a game. Thanks a million,
cheers

Back