Klippybo Taking On the Champions League Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 412
  • Views Views 92K
Just sat and read this story and its very impresive. You have made me reconsider doing my own story but having doubts about doing it as my pc is so poor when using the web. Keep up the european domination sir!

images

AUGUST

A mixed start to the season - 1 trophy won and 1 trophy lost! We also grabbed a win in our first game of the season. We received a very interesting Champions League draw as we got paired with the holders Barcelona, Monaco and Wigan!!!!!

I also made another signing as I brought in Italy iternational Davide Santon for a whopping £5,000! His stats have dropped a bit and he is on £100k a week but if we win the Champions League this year I am not bothered about that. The money saved on the transfer fee makes up for his big wages anyways.

--------------------------------------------------

Italian Super Cup

AC Milan 3-2 Juventus
Babu 2, Said

A nice start to the season and another trophy to add to my CV. Panzenbock made his debut at the age of 14 and unsurprisingly became the clubs youngest ever player.

----------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 2-1 Sampdoria
Capuano 2

Krieger made his debut here and he scored a first minute goal - but it was chalked off!

------------------------------------------------------

UEFA European Super Cup

Barcelona 1-0 AC Milan

Meh! Their goalscorer was Paulinho who I bought for them (and had on loan at Porto). It was an even game though and we will meet again soon enough!

---------------------------------------------------------
images

SCOTLAND

Friendly

New Zealand 1-4 Scotland
Rhodes, Stewart 2, McGeouch

Last edited:
images

SEPTEMBER

This month was ok. We lost to Barca in the Champions League but just managed to edge out Wigan. Domestically we were excellent and picked up maximum points although we havent played any of the big sides yet.

Krieger finally hit form towards the end of the month but worryingly his stats are still dropping.
When I agreed to sign him he had 9 attributes rated at 20 and now he has only 4!!!!

Parma 0-2 AC Milan
Strnad, Cabral (og)

Parma had an early goal disallowed but after that we dominated.

UEFA Champions League Group F

AC Milan 0-2 Barcelona

Once again I lose to Barca and once again it was harsh - Strnad had an early goal disallowed here.

-----------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 4-2 Udinese
Capuano, Strnad 2, Balotelli

I almost forgot I had Balotelli lol - he came off the bench to score the winner from the RW.

Ascoli 1-2 AC Milan
Said, Krieger

We should have scored 5 or 6 but we fell behind in the first half and levelled quickly in the 2nd and finally we got the winner in the last minute thanks to Krieger's last minute goal. Balotelli got injured and is out for 2-3 months.

------------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 4-0 Cesena
Wallace (og), Markovic, Capuano, Krieger

Wigan Athletic 1-2 AC Milan
Krieger (pen), Said

Still find it wierd that Wigan are in the Champions League! They made it difficult for us though as we only got the winner in stoppage time.

----------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANTIAGO KRIEGER

View attachment 306101

View attachment 306102

images

SCOTLAND

FIFA World Cup Quals Group 8

Israel 0-1 Scotland
Fletcher

A nice win this - I would happily have taken a draw.

--------------------------------------------------------

Scotland 2-2 Bulgaria
Fletcher, McGeouch

images

The previous chairman and Italian prime minister

OCTOBER

A quiet month - I almost had more games in charge of Scotland than Milan! The 3 club games I managed resulted in us scoring 13 goals which was good with Babu, Strnad and Krieger hitting top form.

As it stands we are level top but have 3 games in hand over some teams so domestically the season is looking very promising - as for Europe we shall see!

--------------------------------------------

Monaco 2-3 AC Milan
Markovic, Strnad, Benetti

A topsy turvy game that we fortunately managed to come out on top thanks to sub Benetti's late goal. Wigan drew with Barcelona!

AC Milan 4-1 Napoli
Strnad, Meda, Krieger, Benetti

We were absolutely superb in the first half and had 19 efforts to their 2 but by the end of the game we had 23 to their 14!!!

Cagliari 0-6 AC Milan
Krieger 2(1pen), Markovic, Makhedjouf (og), Babu, Diego

This was a great reult and performance. I am glad to see Krieger finally got a double. I expect him to get close to a goal a game record just now.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ONDREJ STRNAD

View attachment 306144

View attachment 306145

-------------------------------------------------------------
images

whiskey - cant stand the stuff myself

SCOTLAND

Moldova 1-2 Scotland
Hanley, Stewart

Scotland 4-0 Faroe Islands
Frederiksen (og), MacDonald 2, Holt

View attachment 306137

images

NOVEMBER

Entertaining this month was! We scored 5 past 3 teams, beat Juventus away and although we drew with Inter and lost in Europe to Barca we are still in a strong position overall. Beginning to think we may need a kind draw in Europe to aid our progress. Domestically we rule!

---------------------------------------------

AC Milan 5-2 Siena
Babu, Krieger 2(1pen), Markovic, Said

We are certainly banging in the goals in league games at the moment.

-------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 2-0 Monaco
Medero 2

Genoa 4-5 AC Milan
Barani, Babu, Markovic 2, Meda (pen)

What a game!! We were 1-0, 3-1 and 4-2 down but somehow we managed to come back and win!

AC Milan 1-1 Inter Milan
Meda

It was a travesty that we didnt win this game as we completely dominated. Quite disappointed that I lose my 100% record to my deadliest rivals.

Barcelona 4-2 AC Milan
Said, Senol Ahmet Sami

We took the lead after 25sec and that was as good as it got but we are through anyways.

Spezia 2-5 AC Milan
Strnad 2, Babu, Krieger, Capuano

We scored all of our 5 in the first half so for us not to add more in the second half is annoying!

Juventus 1-4 AC Milan
Markovic 2, Strnad, Said

A huge win this! Really pleased that we did it and I think we will end up champions now. Now to concentrate on the Champions League.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IBRAHIM SAID
View attachment 306433

View attachment 306434

I should add (and eagle eyed viewers may see) that I switched off my laptop without saving it last night, after I posted the update and I had to replay the Juve game which I originally won 2-1. Therefor the 2 screenies above are slightly wrong - alcohol and FM dont always mix well!

images

SCOTLAND

Friendly

Qatar 2-3 Scotland
Cairney (pen), Stewart, Henderson

We were 2-0 down after 15min and then Cairney missed a penalty but then the comeback was on.

Last edited:
images

Marco van Basten

DECEMBER

This month saw Santiago Krieger help himself to 2 hat-tricks, progress in both cup competitions and of course we got the Champions League draw where we will play Arsenal - an even match up methinks.

I wouldnt expect much transfer activity in January - I have agreed to sign a youngster but I am quite happy with my first team squad. My old friend Mondragon is transfer listed at Man Utd and will cost £14.5m but I have already signed my 2 foriegners allowed - it would be hard to drop Said or Meda anyway.

AC Milan 4-0 Reggina
Krieger 3, Strnad

A nice win but considering we were 4up after half an hour I would have liked to have scored more.

AC Milan 1-0 Wigan Athletic
Medero

I decided to play my backup players here since we were already through. I previously thought that having Wigan in the CL was wierd but I just noticed that Kilmarnock are there too!

Livorno 2-5 AC Milan
Krieger 3, Zeric 2

Livorno took the lead but that just made us angry lol! Krieger is really hitting form now and CB Zeric came off the bench and scored twice in five minutes.

Roma 1-3 AC Milan
Benetti 2, Meda

We fell behind in the 2nd minute and levelled in the 9th. They then had a man sent-off shortly afterwards and we took control.

AC Milan 2-1 Atalanta
Strnad, Benetti

We won thanks to a stoppage time goal here.

Coppa Italia 1st Round

AC Milan 1-0 Livorno
Barani

My youngsters rode their luck here as Livorno missed a pen and had a goal disallowed before Barani struck with 10min to go.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANTIAGO KRIEGER

View attachment 306637

View attachment 306638

How can you say he's decent enough?!? 20 goals in 20 games is impressive and 53 internationals 30 goals isn't too bad either

images

JANUARY

A frustrating month. Sure we thrashed Napoli in the cup and managed to reach the final by defeating Juve but we drew 3 league games which was unacceptable. I put down my drop of form due to the fact that Ndiaye and Said were away at the African Nations Cup - I am like Sir Alex and never really have African players so this was a novelty.

Transfer wise Mario Balotelli announced that he was going to leave on a free at the end of the season while I loaned out several players the most notable being Senol Ahmet Sani. Incoming was 3 players with the main one being 15 y/o Steven Forster who at £5m looks an absolute bargain. I hopefully wont see him come to fruition here though!!!!!
View attachment 306693

-----------------------------------------------

Coppa Italia QF

AC Milan 6-2 Napoli
Meda, Krieger 2(1pen), Paula 2, Curcio

After 30min it was 1-1 and Cavani missed a pen for them and then Meda got sent-off and we went into half-time 2-1 down. The 2nd half was crazy as Paula came off the bench to score twice and 15y/o Panzenbock came on and got 2 assists!

-----------------------------------------------------

Verona 4-4 AC Milan
Babu, Curcio, Capuano, Krieger

Verona may be 3rd but this was bad as although at one point we trailed 2-1 we were 4-2 up with 15min left.

Sampdoria 1-1 AC Milan
Bertrand

This is worrying now. We dominated from start to finish even though we had Verratti sent-off. Sub Bertrand put us ahead but again we threw it away.

Coppa Italia SF 1st Leg
AC Milan 2-0 Juventus
Strnad, Curcio

Thats better!!! A great win here and 15y/o signing Steven Forster came off the bench to make his debut.

AC Milan 2-2 Verona
Krieger, Forster

AAGGGHHH!!!! We were 2 down here and managed to get a point but this was poor. They had a man sent-off and both sides missed penalties. Forster managed to level in stoppage time for us. Good news was that Juve lost!

Coppa Italia SF 2nd Leg
Juventus (0) 2-1 AC Milan (2)
Barani
(Agg: 1-3)

Into the final we go where we will play Sampdoria.

--------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 2-1 Fiorentina
Markovic, Krieger

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUIGI CURCIO
View attachment 306688

View attachment 306689

images

FEBRUARY

I must admit that after job hopping pretty much every year I feel as if I am beginning to stagnate here in Milan! lol. Hopefully I will win ol big ears and be on my way and we made a big stride towards that by thumping Arsenal in the first leg of our tie.

Domestically on the pitch we managed to extend our lead at the top despite losing against Cesena.

--------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 5-1 Parma
Badia (og), Strnad 2, Balotelli 2

Super Mario may be in his 30's now and his stats may have dropped and he may be leaving in the summer but he can still do a job on the RW when required!

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg

AC Milan 3-0 Arsenal
Krieger, Said, Szczesny (og)

Back into the thick of it! Both sides missed a penalty here but fortunately Krieger tucked away his rebound. A great result that should see us into the quarter finals.

Udinese 3-5 AC Milan
Krieger 2, Said, Babu, Capuano

For the second game in a row Krieger misses a penalty but tucks in the rebound.

Palermo 1-2 AC Milan
Capuano, Krieger

AC Milan 5-3 Ascoli
Markovic 2, Motta (og), Ndiaye, Paula

A crazy game and we were really poor although we had 2 goals disallowed so it could have been 7-3 and they outshot us believe it or not!

Cesena 4-2 AC Milan
Medero 2

**** SAKE!!! We lose our unbeaten league record and whats more we were 2up at half-time!

AC Milan 4-0 Roma
Barani, Benetti 2, Markovic

I would love to start the likes of Barani, Benetti and Curcio every week but I just cant! lol. They are going to be world class players for sure.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LAZAR MARKOVIC
images

View attachment 306775

images

SCOTLAND

Friendly

Czech. Republic 1-1 Scotland
Easton

images

MARCH

The month of March is usually enjoyable due to the youth intake and the Champions League getting more interesting but in that respect we got dealt a bad hand as nobody from the youth intake was signed and we got drawn against Real Madrid! If we defeat Real we will play either Man Utd or Barcelona while the other 4 teams are notably weaker - PSG, Dortmund, Spurs and Valencia.

Results wise it was all good with the highlight being the game against Real Madrid. I feel that my Milan side arent the best (in 5 years time they will be unbeatable) but we score goals for fun so if the defence do their job I feel we can beat anybody.

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Arsenal (0) 1-1 AC Milan (3)
Barani
(Agg: 1-4 )

I took a slight risk and rested several players here and although we werent quite at the races we made it through.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Napoli 3-4 AC Milan
Babu, Strnad 2, Benetti

This was a bit of a thriller! 7 goals, one red card (for them in the last minute) and to top it off Juve lost!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 2-0 Cagliari
Markovic, Krieger

--------------------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 3-1 Genoa
Paula, Benetti, Barani

With ourselves being 10pts clear at the top and with a huge game coming up I decided to rest a few players here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg

AC Milan 6-2 Real Madrid
Dede (og), Markovic, Krieger, Strnad, Said, Capuano

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! We were 5up at half-time and then they pulled 2 back but Capuano scored a goal that should clinch our place in the semis.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ONDREJ STRNAD

View attachment 306806

View attachment 306807

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
images

SCOTLAND

Scotland 3-2 Hungary
Rhodes 2, Robinson

We took an early lead but then fell behind and were really struggling but we struck twice in the last 10min to win the match.
View attachment 306794

images

APRIL

Results wise this month was awful as we lost 3 times in the league and once in Europe but we end the month still top of the league by 3 points and through into the Champions League final! I chopped and changed the side massively during the month so maybe it wasnt a surprise that we we lost a few but the Champions League is the all important competition!

Inter Milan 2-1 AC Milan
Strnad

This was gutting to be honest as we had 20 attempts but only hit the target 3 times and they got a last minute winner plus we had a goal chalked off.

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg
Real Madrid (2) 3-0 AC Milan (6)
(Agg: 5-6)

I rested my first choice players here as I was sure we wouldnt get beat by 4 goals - certainly not without scoring! I was proved right - just!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan 6-1 Spezia
Krieger 4, Babu 2

We could have scored double the amount as we had 39 attempts with 21 on target. As it was Krieger and Babu ripped them apart - Babu even got 3 assists.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Siena 2-3 AC Milan
Markovic, Said 2

We went behind in the first minute and quickly levelled but then they had a man sent-off and it was game over.

Fiorentina 2-1 AC Milan
Balotelli

With a huge CL game coming up I rested my outfield first picks here so I half expected a defeat.

------------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg
AC Milan 2-0 Barcelona
Benetti, Krieger

At the 4th attempt this season we beat Barca!! We were excellent and deservedly took the lead through makeshift RW Benetti. Krieger then had his penalty saved (again) but he tucked away the rebound (again).

AC Milan 1-2 Juventus
Krieger

We should still win the league so I rested several players. This defeat leaves us 3pts clear but we have some easy fixtures left to play.

------------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Barcelona (0) 0-0 AC Milan (2)
(Agg: 0-2)

I could be wrong but I cant remember having any 0-0 draws as manager of Milan and not too many in my career! Through to the final we go!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANTIAGO KRIEGER
View attachment 306858

View attachment 306859

Kilmarnock in the CL? Could you post screenies of SPL because something must of happened there!

How the **** has Krieger not been capped?!

I know and you may not believe this but his stats have dropped massively since I decided to sign him a year and a half ago. He had about 10 attributes rated 20 then. Still a quality player though

Back