Klippybo's Annual FM Newcastle Save.....................................

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
images

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

After being without my laptop (due to me slipping on the ice and landing on my laptop bag therefor breaking my laptop) for over a month I have finally got it fixed and what better way to celebrate the fact than by starting up a new save of FM (how I have missed it!!!!!!!!!!!) with my beloved Newcastle United!!!!

As ever I will be a one club man and build them up to be amazeballs and hopefully I will discover a Geordie version of Aitor Herrera lol.

I will post a pre-season post next as at the time of writing I have just this minute loaded the game up so for future people asking the question I get asked a million times.................................

HERE IS MY TACTIC BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 318386View attachment 318387

The positions and team settings never change just the individual player role to suit the player.

I hope you will follow and we shall see how I get on after not playing the game for over a month.

images

Delighted to See u back......come on in the forum was missing u Klippybo.

great to see you back, looking forward to reading the updates...

Yes! More KLIPPY!

I say the Champions League falls in three seasons.

YES! :)
Can u upload your tactic please, because i didn't find any 4-2-3-1 tactics, what working on new patch :(

let them update coming !

btw are you playing with updated squad or standard?

images

PRE-SEASON

I am very much lost! lol. Having been given a budget of £3m I did not have a clue who to bring in. Fortunately after Alan Pardew signed a heap of players in real life that are good in FM I didnt need to bring in much!

While asessing my squad I decided I didnt need a new keeper, or a first choice defender, or a CM or a RW or AMC or a striker. Dont think I need a new LW either to be honest so going by that I should win the league! lol.

PLAYERS IN

Only 2!!! Antonio Adan came in from Real Madrid to provide cover for Tim Krul. He cost £1.9m. I also brought in a young Norwegian called Jonas Svensson for £450,000. He will get a few games.
View attachment 318656View attachment 318657

I put in bids for Will Hughes but got quoted £8m. I then had a £2m plus Dan Gosling bid accepted but the crock that is Gosling rejected the move - *****!!!!! I agreed to sign a Serbian keeper but couldnt get a work permit and that was it.

PLAYERS OUT
Firstly I had a bit of a fall out with my best player - Yohan Cabaye. I rejected a £22m bid from Man Utd so he wanted a new contract which I duly offered and he agreed to however the next day he came to me wanting to move as he didnt believe me when I said we would win the Europa League. His contract runs out in 2016 so I have a while to win him over!

Anyways I sold Danny Simpson to Stoke (£4.3m) and James Perch to WBA (£3.8m) as I already had plenty of RB's. Nile Ranger, Alex Nicholson and Steve Harper all left for a pittance while I loaned out Shane Ferguson and Shola Ameobi.

STAFF IN
I got rid of a load of staff - I even paid £1.2m to get rid of John Carver as my assistant! Eric Black is my new assistant manager while I also brought in fellow Scots Craig Brewster and Jim Blyth. I brought back Paul Winsper to the club as a fitness coach and also former hero Andy Cole as a coach.

Phil Cannon is my new head of youth development and Leo Beenhakker is my director of football.

OTHER CLUB NEWS
I terminated the link with Carlisle United but managed to get Belgian side Beerschot as a feeder side which will be mainly used for work permit issues.

FIRST XI
Ideally it will be -

Krul - Debuchy, Coloccini, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon - Cabaye, Tiote - Gutierrez, Sissoko, Ben Arfa - Cisse

images

AUGUST

Couldnt have wished for a more interesting first game - Sunderland!!!!!! We despatched them easily enough and then scraped a draw against Southampton. We also qualified for the group stage of the Europa League after defeating Genk. The draw came and we got drawn alongside Marseille, Napoli and Anji so maybe Cabaye was right in saying that winning the Europa League would be unrealistic!!!!

I brought in one more player as I couldnt leave it at just 2! I paid £4.6m to bring in Carlos Fierro from Chivas. He will battle it out with Adam Campbell to being Cisse's chief understudy as I wish to develop them both fully.
View attachment 318658

Outgoing was James Tavernier for a small fee while Amalfitano, Moyo, Alnwick and Richardson left on loan.

-------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 2-0 Sunderland
Mignolet (og), Ben Arfa

A fantastic start to my Newcastle career. We should have scored 5 or 6 such was our level of dominance but 2 goals in 5 first half minutes was enough. Tim Krul saved a Steven Fletcher penalty in the 2nd half.

--------------------------------------------------

UEFA Europa League Playoff 1st Leg
Newcastle United 2-1 Genk
Tiote, Cisse

Cheick Tiote scores a goal? Dont believe it for a second!

------------------------------------------------------

Southampton 2-2 Newcastle United
Coloccini, S.Taylor

We were awful here and quickly went a goal down but my 2 centre halves came to the rescue to put us ahead somehow but we conceded a last minute equaliser unfortunately.

----------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Europa League Playoff 2nd Leg
Genk (1) 0-2 Newcastle United (2)
Cisse 2
(Agg: 1-4)

Comfortably through. Young Adam Campbell came off the bench to make his debut.

-------------------------------------------------------------

LINE UPS
OPP
RES
GK
RB
CB
CB
LB
CM
CM
AMR
AML
AMC
ST
SUBS
Sun
2-0
Krul
Yanga-Mbiwa
S.Taylor*
Coloccini
Santon
Tiote
Cabaye
Ben Arfa
Gutierrez
Sissoko
Cisse
Svensson, Anita, Gouffran
Genk
2-1
Krul
Anita
Williamson
Coloccini
Santon
Tiote
Cabaye
Gouffran
Gutierrez
Sissoko
Cisse
Marveaux, Haidara, Ameobi
Sou
2-2
Krul
Yanga-Mbiwa
S.Taylor
Coloccini
Haidara
Svensson
Cabaye
Obertan
Gutierrez
Sissoko
Cisse
Bigirimana, Vuckic, Ameobi
Genk
2-0
Krul
Yanga-Mbiwa
S.Taylor*
Coloccini
Santon
Anita
Cabaye
Gouffran
Gutierrez
Sissoko
Cisse 2
Campbell, Marveaux, Haidara

Players in bold are man of the match, blue means goalscorers and italics mean they were subbed.

-----------------------------------------------------

View attachment 318660

View attachment 318661

Last edited:
You going to try and get Aberdeen as a feeder club for obvious reasons? ;)

You going to try and get Aberdeen as a feeder club for obvious reasons? ;)

Naturally - you start of with St.Mirren unfortunately.

They should agree one in real life and give the Dons Campbell/Vuckic/Bigirimana/Cisse/Cabaye lol

Good he's a back up, in the game Antonio Adán is quite injury prone. In my Crewe game, where he's been in my shortlist even if it was a long way until I could get his interest, point when I would want someone else, he spent quite a lot of time injured.

images

SEPTEMBER

A decent month as we remain unbeaten - somehow! We defeated Stoke and West Ham in the league and got decent draws against Spurs and Man City while we also won both of our cup games. Looking at the fixtures ahead we have a run of fairly easy games in the league as as it turns out we arent scheduled to play Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool until the last 5 match days - going to be a tough end to the season methinks................

I loaned out Bigirimana and Gosling this month on short term deals.

-------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 2-1 Stoke City
Cisse, Gutierrez

We got a bit lucky here as they had a goal chalked off and probably deserved a point but I hate Stoke so na na na na na na lol

---------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 2-2 Manchester City
Gutierrez, Gouffran

2up after 10min and we were looking at getting 3pts - was not to be!

-----------------------------------------------------

UEFA Europa League Group A

Newcastle United 3-1 Anji Makhachkala
Coloccini, Hubschmann (og), Fierro

A great result this. We played very well and although Eto'o levelled after we took the lead we were still the dominant side throughout.

----------------------------------------------------------

West Ham United 1-2 Newcastle United
Cisse, Ben Arfa

We fell behind early on here but battled back to win.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Hull City 0-1 Newcastle United
Ameobi
AET

We were awful and my backups got completely outplayed but somehow we managed to nick it in injury time. Man City away in the next round though.

------------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 Newcastle United
Ben Arfa, Defoe (og)

Still unbeaten - but I dont know how! They scored 2 in as many minutes in the first half but HBA pulled one back against the run of play and then they kept on battering us. We nicked an equaliser and held on - dont know how!

Krul got injured and is out for 2 months...............

---------------------------------------------------------------

LINE UPS

OPP
RES
GK
RB
CB
CB
LB
CM
CM
AMR