Klippybo's Annual FM Newcastle Save.....................................

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 131
  • Views Views 27K
Awesome stuff man, you'll win the league next year for sure if you dont win it this year

Some great results and that youth player looks good. You overpaid drastically for Will Hughes, though.

images

APRIL

Another incredible month that sets us up for a thrilling final month of the season. Can we win the title? Will European glory be ours? Dont forget the FA Cup final!!!!

On the pitch we went from strength to strength and when your worst result is a draw against Man Utd you know you are playing really well. Steven Taylor had an incredible month while Cisse and Ben Arfa also excelled.

With 3 league games to go we should finish at least 2nd and we are 1pt behind Man City. Our final league games are against Chelsea (A), WBA (H) and Liverpool (H). Man City have West Ham (A) and Stoke and Wigan at home.

---------------------------------------------------

UEFA Europa League QF 1st Leg

Rubin Kazan 0-5 Newcastle United
S.Taylor, Tiote 2, Cisse, Gutierrez

An amazing result and performance here. Sissoko even had one disallowed and as for Tiote scoring twice - well that is just scary!

-----------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 2-1 Fulham
Cisse, S.Taylor

It was almost one of those games here. We had an early goal disallowed and proceeded to bombard them (ended up with 30 attempts) but we fell behind with 20min to go but we stuck at it and got a big 3pts.

--------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Europa League QF 2nd Leg

Newcastle United (5) 2-1 Rubin Kazan (0)
Fierro, Gouffran (pen)
(Agg: 7-1)

Once again we had a goal disallowed!

---------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup SF
Newcastle United 4-1 Manchester United
Cisse 2, S.Taylor 2

YES!!!!! We were aided and abetted by Wayne Rooney getting sent-off after 6min but we still fell behind and I wasnt happy. We levelled just before half-time and then made the extra man count in the 2nd half. Liverpool will be our opponents in the final.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Reading 0-3 Newcastle United
Cisse 2, Ben Arfa

Man City lost, Chelsea drew, top of the league we go!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 1-1 Manchester United
Ben Arfa (pen)

Kinda happy with a draw but we could and maybe should have won this. Rooney levelled for them late on.

------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Europa League SF 1st Leg

Newcastle United 5-0 PSV Eindhoven
S.Taylor, Ben Arfa, Cabaye (pen), Gutierrez, Fierro

I think I can safely assume that we have done enough to reach the final!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Arsenal 1-2 Newcastle United
Cisse, Yanga-Mbiwa

This is a huge win. We played really well and responded well after going behind. MYB put us ahead with 15min to go and Podolski then missed a penalty. This win has secured us a Champions League spot for next season.

-------------------------------------------------------------

LINE UPS
[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]OPP[/TD]
[TD]RES[/TD]
[TD]GK[/TD]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD]CB[/TD]
[TD]CB[/TD]
[TD]LB[/TD]
[TD]CM[/TD]
[TD]CM[/TD]
[TD]AMR[/TD]
[TD]AML[/TD]
[TD]AMC[/TD]
[TD]ST[/TD]
[TD]SUBS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rub[/TD]
[TD]5-0[/TD]
[TD]Krul[/TD]
[TD]Santon[/TD]
[TD]S.Taylor[/TD]
[TD]Coloccini[/TD]
[TD]Haidara[/TD]
[TD]Tiote 2[/TD]
[TD]Cabaye[/TD]
[TD]Ben Arfa[/TD]
[TD]Gutierrez[/TD]
[TD]Sissoko[/TD]
[TD]Cisse*[/TD]
[TD]Williamson, Anita[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ful[/TD]
[TD]2-1[/TD]
[TD]Krul[/TD]
[TD]Santon[/TD]
[TD]S.Taylor*[/TD]
[TD]Coloccini[/TD]
[TD]Haidara[/TD]
[TD]Tiote[/TD]
[TD]Cabaye[/TD]
[TD]Ben Arfa[/TD]
[TD]Gutierrez[/TD]
[TD]Sissoko[/TD]
[TD]Cisse[/TD]
[TD]Anita, Marveaux, Fierro[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rub[/TD]
[TD]2-1[/TD]
[TD]Krul[/TD]
[TD]R.Taylor[/TD]
[TD]Williamson[/TD]
[TD]Streete[/TD]
[TD]Haidara[/TD]
[TD]Anita[/TD]
[TD]Hughes[/TD]
[TD]Gouffran[/TD]
[TD]Marveaux[/TD]
[TD]Fierro[/TD]
[TD]Campbell[/TD]
[TD]Obertan, Ameobi[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]ManU[/TD]
[TD]4-1[/TD]
[TD]Krul[/TD]
[TD]Anita[/TD]
[TD]S.Taylor 2*[/TD]
[TD]Coloccini[/TD]
[TD]Santon[/TD]
[TD]Tiote[/TD]
[TD]Cabaye[/TD]
[TD]Ben Arfa[/TD]
[TD]Gutierrez[/TD]
[TD]Sissoko[/TD]
[TD]Cisse 2[/TD]
[TD]R.Taylor, Marveaux, Obertan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rea[/TD]
[TD]3-0[/TD]
[TD]Krul[/TD]
[TD]Santon[/TD]
[TD]S.Taylor[/TD]
[TD]Coloccini[/TD]
[TD]Haidara[/TD]
[TD]Anita[/TD]
[TD]Cabaye[/TD]
[TD]Ben Arfa[/TD]
[TD]Gutierrez[/TD]
[TD]Sissoko[/TD]
[TD]Cisse 2*[/TD]
[TD]Williamson, Hughes[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]ManU[/TD]
[TD]1-1[/TD]
[TD]Krul[/TD]
[TD]Santon[/TD]
[TD]Williamson[/TD]
[TD]Coloccini[/TD]
[TD]Haidara[/TD]
[TD]Tiote[/TD]
[TD]Hughes[/TD]
[TD]Ben Arfa[/TD]
[TD]Gutierrez[/TD]
[TD]Sissoko[/TD]
[TD]Cisse[/TD]
[TD]Fierro, Gouffran[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]PSV[/TD]
[TD]5-0[/TD]
[TD]Krul[/TD]
[TD]Yanga-Mbiwa[/TD]
[TD]S.Taylor[/TD]
[TD]Coloccini*[/TD]
[TD]Santon[/TD]
[TD]Tiote[/TD]
[TD]Cabaye[/TD]
[TD]Ben Arfa[/TD]
[TD]Gutierrez[/TD]
[TD]Sissoko[/TD]
[TD]Cisse[/TD]
[TD]Haidara, Gouffran, Fierro[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ars[/TD]
[TD]2-1[/TD]
[TD]Krul[/TD]
[TD]Yanga-Mbiwa[/TD]
[TD]S.Taylor*[/TD]
[TD]Coloccini[/TD]
[TD]Santon[/TD]
[TD]Tiote[/TD]
[TD]Cabaye[/TD]
[TD]Ben Arfa[/TD]
[TD]Gutierrez[/TD]
[TD]Sissoko[/TD]
[TD]Cisse[/TD]
[TD]Gouffran, Fierro[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
STEVEN TAYLOR

images

View attachment 319809

Some great results and that youth player looks good. You overpaid drastically for Will Hughes, though.

Apart from managing Scum Utd in the Champions League Challenge I have no experience in managing in England in FM13 but I have seen Hughes become really good in other saves so I felt £8m was ok. He has been immense so far.

Offered £7m for Luke Shaw and £5m for Ward-Prowse but they were rejected

Apart from managing Scum Utd in the Champions League Challenge I have no experience in managing in England in FM13 but I have seen Hughes become really good in other saves so I felt £8m was ok. He has been immense so far.

Offered £7m for Luke Shaw and £5m for Ward-Prowse but they were rejected
He is immense but I've signed him several times, you should never be giving Derby £5m or more though, you can get him for £4.5m at the start andi n one save I got him for £3m. You chose the wrong patch for Shaw and Ward-Prowse, on the first patch they'd both go for under £3m.

images
images
images

MAY

What an end to the season as we complete a treble of the title, FA Cup and Europa League. Considering we only lost the Capital One Cup on penalties we could have been looking at a clean sweep.

The finals were easily won with an aggregate score of 8-1 and it was the title race that went to the death as we sneaked it on goal difference. It wasnt until February that I realised we were in with a shout but I didnt honestly think we would win it.

END OF SEASON POST TO FOLLOW.

------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Europa League SF 2nd Leg

PSV Eindhoven (0) 1-1 Newcastle United (5)
Campbell
(Agg: 1-6)

Needless to say I rested everyone for the crucial league game coming up. My dream final was not to be as somehow Galatasaray beat Bilbao 7-0 (9-2 agg) in the 2nd leg of the other semi!!!! Haidara will miss the final due to suspension.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea 3-3 Newcastle United
Cisse, Marveaux, Sissoko

The day before Man City lost to West Ham so the pressure was on here. We were 1up at half-time then 2-1 down and we scored twice in the last 10min to go top of the table. However despite John Terry getting sent-off in injury time Torres struck an equaliser.

Top of the table on goal difference but Sissoko got injured and is out for the rest of the season.

----------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United - West Bromwich Albion
Gouffran (pen), Ameobi, Hughes

I took a huge risk here in resting players for the cup final but I got away with it!

--------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup Final

Newcastle United 5-0 Liverpool
Santon, Tiote, Gutierrez 2, S.Taylor

A great win as we win the FA Cup convincingly. Our first 3 shots all went in so it was pretty comfortable throughout!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Europa League Final

Galatasaray 1-3 Newcastle United
Gouffran, Ben Arfa, Kaya (og)

Going into this game I was very confident - then I realised they had Drogba and Sneijder! lol. We got 2 early goals and cruised it from there. This trophy winning malarky is easy!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United 3-2 Liverpool
Cisse 2, Gouffran

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!! What an ending to the season. A win would give us the title and we surged into a 2 goal lead but young Adam Morgan pulled them level with 5min to go but Gouffran scored a stoppage time winner to win us the title.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

LINE UPS

[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]OPP[/TD]
[TD]RES[/TD]
[TD]GK[/TD]
[TD]RB[/TD]
[TD]CB[/TD]
[TD]CB[/TD]
[TD]LB[/TD]
[TD]CM[/TD]
[TD]CM[/TD]
[TD]AMR[/TD]
[TD]AML[/TD]
[TD]AMC[/TD]
[TD]ST[/TD]
[TD]SUBS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]PSV[/TD]
[TD]1-1[/TD]
[TD]Krul[/TD]
[TD]R.Taylor[/TD]
[TD]Williamson[/TD]
[TD]Yanga-Mbiwa[/TD]
[TD]Haidara[/TD]
[TD]Anita[/TD]
[TD]Hughes[/TD]
[TD]Gouffran[/TD]
[TD]Marveaux[/TD]
[TD]Fierro[/TD]
[TD]Campbell[/TD]
[TD]Vuckic, Ameobi, Obertan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Che[/TD]
[TD]3-3[/TD]
[TD]Krul[/TD]
[TD]Debuchy[/TD]
[TD]S.Taylor[/TD]
[TD]Coloccini[/TD]
[TD]Santon[/TD]
[TD]Tiote[/TD]
[TD]Cabaye[/TD]
[TD]Ben Arfa[/TD]
[TD]Gutierrez[/TD]
[TD]Sissoko[/TD]
[TD]Cisse[/TD]
[TD]Marveaux, Gouffran, Fierro[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]WBA[/TD]
[TD]3-1[/TD]
[TD]Krul[/TD]
[TD]R.Taylor[/TD]
[TD]Williamson[/TD]
[TD]Yanga-Mbiwa[/TD]
[TD]Haidara[/TD]
[TD]Anita[/TD]
[TD]Hughes[/TD]
[TD]Gouffran*[/TD]
[TD]Ameobi[/TD]
[TD]Fierro[/TD]
[TD]Campbell[/TD]
[TD]Vuckic, Mbabu, Bigirimana[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Liv[/TD]
[TD]5-0[/TD]
[TD]Krul[/TD]
[TD]Debuchy[/TD]
[TD]S.Taylor[/TD]
[TD]Coloccini[/TD]
[TD]Santon[/TD]
[TD]Tiote[/TD]
[TD]Cabaye[/TD]
[TD]Gouffran[/TD]
[TD]Gutierrez 2*[/TD]
[TD]Ben Arfa[/TD]
[TD]Cisse[/TD]
[TD]Anita, Fierro, Yanga-Mbiwa[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Gal[/TD]
[TD]3-1[/TD]
[TD]Krul[/TD]
[TD]Debuchy[/TD]
[TD]S.Taylor[/TD]
[TD]Coloccini[/TD]
[TD]Santon[/TD]
[TD]Tiote[/TD]
[TD]Cabaye[/TD]
[TD]Gouffran[/TD]
[TD]Gutierrez[/TD]
[TD]Ben Arfa[/TD]
[TD]Cisse[/TD]
[TD]Yanga-Mbiwa, Fierro, Hughes[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Liv[/TD]
[TD]3-2[/TD]
[TD]Krul[/TD]
[TD]Debuchy[/TD]
[TD]Yanga-Mbiwa[/TD]
[TD]Coloccini[/TD]
[TD]Santon[/TD]
[TD]Tiote[/TD]
[TD]Cabaye[/TD]
[TD]Gouffran[/TD]
[TD]Gutierrez[/TD]
[TD]Ben Arfa[/TD]
[TD]Cisse 2*[/TD]
[TD]Anita, Fierro, Hughes[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOANN GOUFFRAN

images

View attachment 319871

All too easy for you already!!! Would love to see you do a save with a lower league club taking them up through the leagues when you're done with this save

images

END OF SEASON POST

What can I say? We win the title, FA Cup and Europa League and were only a penalty shoot out away from winning the Capital One Cup. At the start of the season I thought we would win a cup and finish top 4 but to do this was unreal.

In the end we scored in every game and from memory we were unbeaten at home. We put 6 past Man City, 5 past Arsenal, PSV, Rubin and Napoli and also 4 past Man Utd and Chelsea. In the league we had 21 different goalscorers so I utilised my squad perfectly.

I certainly overachieved but when I think about it I have a very strong first XI and when you add on Gouffran, Yanga-Mbiwa, Hughes and Anita then maybe I should have expected to challenge. Looking ahead I have some excellent youngsters in Hughes, Fierro, Vuckic and Campbell but there will be some departures while there has been no transfers arranged for next season as yet.

-----------------------------------------------------

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

View attachment 319909View attachment 319910

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
HATEM BEN ARFA
images

AWARDS
Footballer of the Year - Hatem Ben Arfa
Young Player of the Year - Moussa Sissoko
Manager of the Year
Premier Division Top Scorer -
Papiss Cisse
Team of the Year - Hatem Ben Arfa, Steven Taylor, Papiss Cisse (Coloccini was on the bench)

OTHER NEWS
Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers and appoint Pellegrini
Wolves, Middlesbrough and Blackburn are promoted to the Premiership
Chris Powell replaces Martin Jol at Fulham
Barcelona beat Man City to win the Champions League

Last edited:
Really well done, lots of players scoring and assisting several. Taylor's goals are unbelievable.

images

PRE-SEASON

Going into pre-season I had in mind one position that I needed to strengthen and although I did I have in a way made it weaker lol. More went out than came in as I only signed two players (albeit one for a record fee) for the first team and one youngster.

In other club news I got DC United as a feeder club in America and Will Hughes got capped for England which was a pleasant surprise. Carlos Fierro also recieved his first cap.

-------------------------------------------------------

AIMS
Well I have to say retain the title now dont I?
QF in the Champions League also.

PLAYERS IN

View attachment 320314
JACK WILSHERE
£30m from Arsenal

What a signing this is. The moment I saw him in my player search screen I put in an enquiry thinking I would get quoted £60m or something like that but I managed to get him for half that. Long term I think he will play CM alongside Cabaye but until I get a quality LW Wilshere will play there.

View attachment 320315
KYRIAKOS PAPADOPOULOS
£15m from Schalke

I needed another CB and after my DoF made several bids for other ones which I cancelled I decided to go in for the transfer listed Greek. Never had him before but I always thought he has amazing defensive stats so he should be a rock for years to come.

View attachment 320313
BOJAN PAJAC
£250,000 from Dinamo

I raided my feeder club for this excellent young keeper. Possible successor to Mr.Krul?

PLAYERS OUT

Stoke took Obertan and R.Taylor off my hands for £9m and also loaned Svensson for £700k. Williamson left for Southampton £3.3m, Marveaux to Wolves (£4.5m) and most controversially Jonas Gutierrez left to go to Inter Milan for £10m.

I also sold several youngsters for a small fee including Abeid, Richardson, Inman, Newton, Dummett, Miele and the not so young Rob Elliot while Shola Ameobi got released. Out on loan went Ferguson, Sammy Ameobi and Alnwick.

SUMMARY
So by adding a world class player in Wilshere I have strengthened the team but he is the ONLY LW I have in my squad after I sold Marveaux and Jonas and let Ferguson and Ameobi leave on loan. If I had £40m I would get my favourite LW (you can probably guess who) and move Jack into CM but I only have £50K!!!! lol

Colo and Taylor will still be my CB pairing as they didnt put a foot wrong all last season. Papadopoulos and Yanga-Mbiwa have better stats but hey ho.

Hopefully I can give Adam Campbell a bit more game time and also break through young Kenny Midson at some point while I am training Vuckic on the LW so he may get a lot of appearances there.

Nice signings there mate, can Papiss Cisse not play at LW?

Nice signings there mate, can Papiss Cisse not play at LW?

Never checked tbh but I wouldnt play him there anyways. Ben Arfa, Sissoko and Gouffran are all competent there so there is a few "sleepers" there so to speak. Hughes and Debuchy are classed as awkward at LW

Never checked tbh but I wouldnt play him there anyways. Ben Arfa, Sissoko and Gouffran are all competent there so there is a few "sleepers" there so to speak. Hughes and Debuchy are classed as awkward at LW
Yeah I'm sure your'll cope ;) looking at a certain beasty LW in my save at the moment but not sure how much he's gonna cost plus he's 20 so I'll have to sign him now with the rules I've given myself

Wow Chelsea really slowed down at the end of the season compared to their start, good work so far though mate :)

Erik Lamela is the one for LW. He can be a pain in the **** to get a hold of but the guy is god.

Papadopolous is class. Signed him for Newcastle myself so would definitely break him in ahead of Taylor eventually (or Colocinni against a fast attack)

Back