Klippybo's final fm12 save - The 2nd miracle of Castel Di Sangro

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
images

CASTEL DI SANGRO

THE CHALLENGE?

Well I wanted to play a save with a real challenge so I thought I would pick a tiny team and shove them in the league pyramid and see how I get on! They currently play in a regional league and I have checked the database and they have something like 12 players - one with a pa of 114 and the others with 0!!!!! Oh and they dont have a goalkeeper.

I will throw them into Serie C and hopefully build them up - I will be using LFC Marshalls latest update. At time of writing I havent put them in Serie C yet but will do that tomorrow.

I have no knowledge of the lower Italian leagues and starting with a team like this will undoubtedly be a challenge!

WHY THEM?

Some of you may have read it but if you havent buy this book -

images

An amazing read that follows the team after they miraculously won promotion to Serie B for the 96/97 season. The town of Castel Di Sangro only has a population of 5,500 so it was a miracle they got there.

During the season the following happened -

2 players died in a car crash
A players wife got arrested for smuggling cocaine
The chairman was rumoured to have bedded some players wives
The manager refused to sign an international because he was black
The club owner deliberately held up the refurbishment of the stadium because he was convinced they were going to be relegated
The owner was the local mafia man who had a zoo in his grounds and even ordered bits of mountain to be blown up!
They announced a signing and in his press conference he said he was going to have *** with all the women in the town and on his debut he got sent off after fighting with his own player - he was an actor!
And the obvious case of match fixing!!!

THE CLUB ITSELF

Well after surviving relegation in the 96/97 season they got relegated the next season and it has been all downhill since then pretty much and the club has even reformed in 2005.

Stadium Name - Stadio Teofilo Patini
Stadium Capacity - 7,220 (more than the population of the town)
Nickname - Giallorossi (yellow-reds)
Former Palyers - Carlo Cudicini and Vicenzo Iaquinta

(the stadium)

images

(the town)

So there it is folks - my new challenge - I know I wont get bored of this and hopefully the story will get followed even though I have picked a team that most peeps havent heard of lol. Glory will be a long long long long way away with this team.

I have complete faith that this will be an EPIC story, just like your other ones. Good Luck. :D

Haha this is going to be EPIC!!!!

AWESOME! I am so looking forward to this story. No doubt it will have a great spin on it, even better if in your first press confrence you say you are going to bed all the players wives. Good luck mate.

Oh wow this klippy, this will be ******* epic, seeing your suscess with newcastle i reckon you`ll be winning the champions league in 2014 :p

yeah gd luck i will follow this as i have ur other stories..i jave also downloaded ur newcastle save and all i can say is wow....how on earth did u achieve this

I really hope you can put an epic comedy spin on this and really give it a really good storyline :D

AND SO IT BEGINS!!!!

I write this before I have signed/sacked anyone. Havent even clicked on continue.

I have put Castel Di Sangro in Serie C Group B and taken out Milazzo as they were the side with the lowest reputation. Hopefully the other teams point deductions will help us.
View attachment 268825

The only other change I have done is make the club professional rather than amateur.

THE STAFF

Hmm. Well I have my reputation set at automatic and my nationality is Scottish. I inherit a coach a youth coach and 3 physios.
View attachment 268826

THE PLAYERS

14 first teamers, 2 reserves and no youth players. Here are screenies of all my players.
View attachment 268827View attachment 268836View attachment 268837View attachment 268838View attachment 268839View attachment 268840View attachment 268841View attachment 268842View attachment 268843View attachment 268844View attachment 268828View attachment 268829View attachment 268830View attachment 268832View attachment 268834View attachment 268835

Its not hard to spot who my best player is. An honourable mention goes to Claudio Bonomi though as he was part of the side that played in the 96/97 season before having a good stint in Serie A with Empoli and Lecce and he was also at Fiorentina.

This should be good, Castel di Sangro are my second favourite Italian team after reading this I only prefer San Marino Calcio.

Why have so many teams in the league got minus points? Loving the photo above! What a legend. Good luck for the season ahead.

images

AUGUST

No games but I released every single player apart from Bonomi and Alexis Abraham. I signed a total of 19 players for the first team and also 7 youth players - all on free transfers.

MY NEW SQUAD

Goalkeepers

View attachment 268882View attachment 268883View attachment 268884

Santarelli will be my first choice keeper methinks.

Defenders
View attachment 268886View attachment 268888View attachment 268891View attachment 268892View attachment 268893View attachment 268889View attachment 268890

Was delighted to get Mirarchi and he will be my left back while Luigi Arena looks not bad also. Hopefully injuries wont strike but I will continue to scour the free agency market for another defender maybe.

Midfielders
View attachment 268894View attachment 268900View attachment 268901View attachment 268902View attachment 268903View attachment 268904View attachment 268905View attachment 268906View attachment 268907View attachment 268895View attachment 268896View attachment 268897View attachment 268898View attachment 268899

Some decent signings including Javier Pastore's younger brother! Davide Carioto is probably my best signing while Michele Forani is going to be my captain.

There is also Claudio Bonomi whom you would have seen on a previous post but I asked him to be a coach and got a huge boost when he accepted after I saw his coaching stats!
View attachment 268908

Forwards
View attachment 268909View attachment 268910View attachment 268911

No need to say who will be leading the line for me.

TACTICS

Just the usual tactic 4-2-3-1 with all the usual settings that I have used in previous saves. Everything is the same. Hopefully it will work with lesser players.

I dont know if the players I have signed are good enough for this level but I will soon find out I suppose!!!!!!!

STAFF

I got former Castel Di Sangro player Pietro Fusco in as my assistant manager. He was also part of the 96/97 side. I currently have 2 coaches, 1 gk coach, 1 first team coach, 1 fitness coach, 1 youth coach, 1 physio and 1 scout. Trying to hire 2 more scouts.
View attachment 268912

Why have so many teams in the league got minus points? Loving the photo above! What a legend. Good luck for the season ahead.

Cheers mate - I presume its all to do with match fixing. Every league has teams with docked points.

I put us in Group B of Serie C instead of Group A because I gather it is split into a northern league and a southern league and Castel Di Sangro are in the southern part of Italy so into Group B we went. Tried to organise an away friendly with Inter Milan to raise some cash but the board said it was to far to travel!

images

just kidding lol

SEPTEMBER

I wanted a ****** challenge!!!!! Look at these results - playing games every 3 days and constantly swapping my players and still we won every game. Before every game I check our opponents media prediction to where they are going to finish in order to give me an idea how good my opponents are. I really have no clue about this league apart from Perugia.

I have just realised that in my haste to get this up and running I forgot to put Castel di Sangro in the Italian cup competitions - hopefully it will sort itself out for next season.

--------------

Fano 1-4 Castel di Sangro
Di Fusco, Abrahim 2, Vilardo

------------------

Neapolis Frattese 0-4 Castel di Sangro
Abrahim, Capone, Di Fusco, Arena

----------------

Castel di Sangro 2-1 Giulianova
Massaro, Capone (pen)

Had to laugh as after scoring 4 goals in each of our first two games away from home we had our first home game of the season and we had a whopping attendance of 784! lol. Our winner was a last minute penalty.

----------------

Castel di Sangro 4-0 Melfi
Bottini, Bonomi, Cipriani, Capone

Old man Bonomi scores his first goal for the club for 15 years! Grande and Vilardo stretchered off and Grande is out for 3-4 months.

------------

Aprilia 2-6 Castel di Sangro
Abrahim 4, Pastore 2

4 up after 17min - scary biscuits.

-------------

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Aversa Normanna
Abrahim 2, Carioto

**** sake - 2 more players stretchered off (Capone and Vilardo again!!!!)

------------
PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALEXIS ABRAHIM

View attachment 269047

View attachment 269049