Klippybo's final fm12 save - The 2nd miracle of Castel Di Sangro

Good job as always and if you can't get an Italian Aitor what about an Italian Heskey?

Oh, hehe, I don't play a lot of Italian clubs, just so you know. Although I played Cagliari on a blue monday...

images

MARCH

Promotion was secured with the win over Campobasso so we are just awaiting confirmation of our title win now. The youth intake did give me a player with 4.5 star rating which I initaially got excited about and then the realism hit in! lol. Gave him his debut anyway and he became the clubs youngest ever player.
View attachment 270294

----------------

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Paganese
Pastore, Abrahim 2

Di Fusco was sent off for us here but we still got the 3pts.

-------------

Vigor Lamezia 1-2 Castel di Sangro
Bottini, Vilardo

-------------

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Catanzaro
Tagliani, Capone

-------------

Campobasso 1-5 Castel di Sangro
Abrahim 2, Vilardo, Capone (pen), Tagliani

Promotion is secured - and about time too lol

--------------

Castel di Sangro 5-2 Gavorrano
Pastore, Abrahim 3, Carioto

We won here despite having our goalie sent off early on - while Bonta made his debut aged 15. We also surpassed the 100 goal mark.

---------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALEXIS ABRAHIM

View attachment 270308

View attachment 270309

Good stuff mate, congrats on promotion

images

APRIL

Almost finished the season and we claimed the title with 4 games to go. We did lose 1 game afterwards but who cares? lol. Began to start signing players for next season and looking at the teams in Serie C1 it will be much tougher. Youth recruits Bonta and Bizzarri scored their first goals for the club during the month.

----------------

Vibonese 2-4 Castel di Sangro
Abrahim, Vilardo 2, Bonta

15y/o Bonta scores to become the league and clubs youngest scorer.

-----------------

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Perugia
Abrahim, Vilardo, Mineo

Champions!!!!! Perugia were favourites going into the season but they have been poor.

---------------

Celano 2-1 Castel di Sangro
Abrahim

We were two down after 9min and had a goal disallowed - never mind.

--------------

Castel di Sangro 1-1 Isola Liri
Abrahim

---------------

Fondi 1-2 Castel di Sangro
Cipriani, Bizzarri

Youth product Bizzarri comes off the bench to score a late winner.

------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Arzanese
Vilardo, Abrahim, Villanova

Our final home game of the season and we win to reach the 100pt mark - nice! One game left now.

-------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GUGLIELMO VILARDO

View attachment 270411

View attachment 270412

images

MAY - END OF SEASON

Thought we only had 1 game and that was against the side who comfortably finished 2nd and we demolished them! Then we had to play in the Serie C2 Super Cup (which I didnt know even existed) against Treviso (winners of C2 group A) and we beat them too!

Tried to get Bonomi to retire and just be a coach but he didnt accept so he signed a new deal as player/coach with a £600 a week pay cut.

---------------

L'Aquila 0-3 Castel di Sangro
Pastore, Abrahim, Di Fusco

A nice way to end the league season and we end up finishing 25pts clear!

-----------------

Serie C2 Super Cup 1st Leg

Treviso 0-4 Castel di Sangro
Abrahim 2, Capone, Bottini

Before the game it came up that the Treviso fans were expecting a big win - WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------

Serie C2 Super Cup Final 2nd Leg
Castel di Sangro (4) 1-3 Treviso (0)
Bottini
(Agg: 5-3)

Phew - went a man down and very quickly 3-0 down but Bottini struck to calm the nerves.

-------------------

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
ALEXIS ABRAHIM

View attachment 270428
A goal a game says it all really

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 270435

C2 Group B Awards
Top Scorer - Alexis Abrahim
Player of the Year - Guglielmo Vilardo
Manager of the Year
Team of the Year - Vilardo, Capone, Pastore, Abrahim, Forani

SQUAD

View attachment 270440

LEAGUE SCORERS
37 Abrahim, 17 Vilardo, 14(4pens) Capone, 11 Pastore, 6 Cipriani, 5 Bottini, 4 Di Fusco, 3 Carioto, 3 Esposito, 3 Villanova, 2 Massaro, 2 Tagliani, 1 Arena, 1 Bizzarri,1 Bonomi, 1 Bonta, 1 Covone, 1 Forani, 1 Mineo, 1(pen) Mirarchi, 3 Own Goals

SUMMARY
A great season where everything went much better than expected - however not playing in the Serie C Cup or the Coppa Italia due to my own haste was annoying!

Good season and by the way apparently Serie A is the easiest top division to get to the top of so you should be Serie A champions in 3-5 seasons.

images

fun and frolicks of pre-season training

PRE SEASON
(up to 1st game of the season - 12th August)

AIMS

A nice mid table finish would do. Looking at the teams in our division (Serie C1 Group B) shows the step up in quality with the likes of Ascoli, Cremonese, Piacenza and Ternana all there.

PLAYERS IN

CASTEL DI SANGRO SIGN STEVE GERRARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well sort of - Steeve Gerard Fanka be his name and he is a rwb/mr but I am training him up to be a rb. Also got a fantastic 16y/o left back Vincenzo Rovereti and I added a new lw in Enis Nadarevic. We also got a new cm in Marco Cuomo - who is my new captain - and a cb in Cesare Rickler. Finally we signed a few youngsters to add some depth.

View attachment 270452View attachment 270453View attachment 270454View attachment 270455View attachment 270456View attachment 270457View attachment 270458

I paid £20,000 for Cuomo and £18,000 for Fanka and the rest were on free transfers.

PLAYERS OUT
Nikola Oliveiri was sold for £3,000 while I released Cipriani (too old) and Massaro (got better younger players). Also I have transfer listed Capone, Trezzi, Ibojo and Bottini.

SUMMARY
Cuomo will come into CM instead of Forani while Nadarevic will be my new LW. The rest I am not sure to be honest - we shall see!

AND ANOTHER THING..........

I am now seen as "favoured personnel" by the club and our predicted finish is 17th.

images

AUGUST

Just the two games played and both in the Coppa Italia. We won the first game (somehow) but was thumped by Serie B side Lecce who had players like Delvecchio, Chevanton and Blasi.

We signed a new backup goalkeeper by the way. Nothing special.

Finally, we dont seem to be in the Serie C cup - gggggrrrrrrr

----------------

Coppa Italia 1st Qual Round

Virtus Lanciano 1-3 Castel di Sangro
Di Fusco, Carioto, Villanova

Incredible game this. Fanka got sent off on his debut and it was 0-0 at half time. Then we decided to go 3 up before Carioto got sent off! Rickler, Bronzi and Casolari also made their debuts.

----------------

Coppa Italia 2nd Qual Round

Lecce 3-0 Castel di Sangro

Outclassed - nuff said!

images

dont ask lol

SEPTEMBER

BOOM!!!!! Great start to the league campaign with a 4-1 win. We then threw away 3pts against Cremonese before beating Latina and then defeating Piacenza away!

I was wrong in the previous post btw as we ARE in the Serie C cup - we just bypassed the group stage and we will play Ascoli.

--------------

Castel di Sangro 4-1 Barletta
Tagliani, Abrahim, Rickler, Bonta

Great opening day win. Never heard of Barletta so would have been disappointed if I didnt win but such ignorance could be misplaced easily.

--------------

Cremonese 1-1 Castel di Sangro
Cuomo

Former Italy international Damiano Zenoni scored a late equaliser here - shows the step up in the calibre of player that we are facing this season.

----------------

Castel di Sangro 2-1 Latina
Rickler, Fanka

Fanka scores a late winner with a free-kick. Never heard of Latina either to be fair.

---------------

Piacenza 0-4 Castel di Sangro
Fanka, Melucci (og), Abrahim, Pastore

Fanka strikes again with another free-kick as we get a brilliant result! Piacenza did have a man sent off on 44min but we were already 2-0 up.

---------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
STEEVE GERARD FANKA

View attachment 270568

View attachment 270569

Great, promotion!. And very good start of season. Congratulations on the Champions League winner (with Barcelona in FM12 within FM12) Steve Gerard.

To encourage my laziness - what happened with them?

They were in Segunda A (now Adelante), had made a very good first leg, finishing it in the top or second position being just promoted from Segunda B. The second half was poor and ended in the middle of the table. And the president was eager to make a bid for Primera next season.

So what did he do?. As soon the season finished he spent €400M signing a few players from teams relegated from Primera promising they'd be able to reach top flight next season. So far so good.

Then June came to an end and with it the deadline to convert the team into a S.A.D. (a kind of company organization, legal stuff), and they hadn't done it. Why?. The president claimed it was a minor issue of times, but the true was they couldn't do it because they couldn't pay the fees involved, which were... *drumroll* yes! €400M, the money he ran to spend on those four players.

The consequences?. The team was automatically relegated two levels down to Tercera as determined by law for those who didn't convert to S.A.D. The four players from Primera said their contracts were signed for a team in Segunda A to fight for promotion, not playing in the rubbish Tercera and pulled off. All the players they had said they had come out from the **** of Segunda B and they sure weren't returning to that, much less to a step lower. They only kept (according to the news I read) two seventeen years old who thought it was their chance to have at last some playing time. The coach told the president to go to **** and also resigned angry. Mirandés said they weren't going to be feeders of such a lame team and sure as **** didn't want to be relegated to Preferentes, as they were in Tercera and feeders have to play in lower levels. So the team went two levels down and the squad had to be rebuilt from scratch.

At least, that's what I read at the time.

P.S. - The past summer, 2011, they were at the verge of disappearing because the club still hadn't paid Carlos Novoa, the coach they had when they were in Primera between years 91-93 (from where they dropped to Tercera because of administrative issues), but they managed to convince him to drop it the last possible day.

Last edited:
Already looking good in the new league. Knowing what you can do its putting you in a good position to take on the league. Quick question though what is the youth set up like at the club? Alright and bringing in a few or are you/scouts having to do a lot of the leg work in finding the youngsters.

Already looking good in the new league. Knowing what you can do its putting you in a good position to take on the league. Quick question though what is the youth set up like at the club? Alright and bringing in a few or are you/scouts having to do a lot of the leg work in finding the youngsters.

Only have 1 scout - the board allow me to have 7 but I can only offer £325p/w and the minimum that peeps accept seems to be £375p/w so I am responsible for finding players really. Bit of a ******!

images

our mascot - possibly?

OCTOBER

Big news this month off the field is Alexis Abrahim wanting to leave the club. I promised to sell him at the end of the season and promptly rejected a £250,000 bid from Taranto.

On the pitch we had 1 poor result but the rest was all good - 5pts clear at the top of the table!

------------------

Castel di Sangro 3-2 Nocerina
Villanova, Forani, Abrahim

3 up at half time but conceding 2 goals from 2 shots is a worry - former Livingston striker Rolando Zarate scored for them.

----------------

Serie C Cup 1st Round
Ascoli 2-2 Castel di Sangro
Abrahim, Tagliani
(aet Castel di Sangro won 4-3 on penalties)

We were 10-1 to win this game beforehand and after our win it said it was the greatest moment in the clubs history - rubbish!!!! We had 3 players stretchered off too so a great win really. Former Dunfermline defender Andrius Skerla missed the decisive penalty for Ascoli.

-------------------

Ascoli 2-0 Castel di Sangro

1st v 2nd here and a rematch of the cup tie but we were without 7 players and had another stretchered off. Dismal.

-----------------

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Ternana
Abrahim 2, Nadarevic

Without another 7 players here but got some back who were missing against Ascoli but we won anyways. Attendance of 2,469 - almost half the towns population!

--------------------

Gubbio 0-2 Castel di Sangro
Abrahim, Rickler

----------------

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Siracusa
Villanova, Abrahim (pen), Tagliani

Another good win - beginning to think we will end up in the promotion shake up (1 team goes up automatically - 4 in play offs) as we seem to be scoring far more than other teams. Rovereti made his debut.

----------------

Serie C Cup 2nd Round

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Foligno
Rickler, Abrahim, Ibojo

Through we go to a group stage with 3 teams in every group - wierd!!!!

----------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALEXIS ABRAHIM

View attachment 270641

View attachment 270642

great start....take a look at my story Now time to dominate and see what you think