Klippybo's final fm12 save - The 2nd miracle of Castel Di Sangro

6 out of 6! Not going to badly. You still using the 'Klippy special tactic'?

I guess your media prediction is last place?

Good start but even if it is easy now its almost assured as you climb the leagues squad evolution become harder asplayers the quality you'll need for Serie A, B dont want to head to an outpost

I guess your media prediction is last place?

Good start but even if it is easy now its almost assured as you climb the leagues squad evolution become harder asplayers the quality you'll need for Serie A, B dont want to head to an outpost

You bubble burster Darran!!!! I think I could maybe get to Serie B in straight seasons but after that I am not sure - woudnt even have predicted that earlier but with the start I have made I feel confident in doing so.

And yeah - predicted last place

images

OCTOBER

Another good month and what a start to it we made. I am beginning to realise that the players I signed are more than capable at this level and I seriously think promotion is achievable.

I wonder if Juan Pastore could try and convince his brother to return to Italy from France? lol

---------------

Ebolitana 0-7 Castel di Sangro
Vilardo 3, Pastore, Mirarchi (pen), Cipriani, Esposito

Vilardo was unplayable as he got 3 goals and 2 assists - keeping Carioto out of the side at the moment

-----------------

Castel di Sangro 4-2 Chieti
Abrahim, Vilardo 2, Di Fusco

This time Vilardo scored 2 and got 1 assist

----------------

Paganese 2-2 Castel di Sangro
Abrahim, Pastore

Conceded a last minute equaliser to end our 100% record

----------------

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Vigor Lamezia
Abrahim

----------------

Catanzaro 0-3 Castel di Sangro
Capone 3(1pen)

Abrahim was the topic of the post match press conference after his angry reaction to being subbed. Catanzaro are bottom without a win and after this game without a manager also!

-----------------

Castel di Sangro 4-1 Campobasso
Vilardo, Abrahim 3

After the previous game I mustve handled Abrahim well! Ibojo got sent-off for us too. After this game Campobasso sacked their manager - 2 in a row!!!!

----------------

Gavorrano 1-2 Castel di Sangro
Capone 2

A huge attendance of 137 was present at this game where we got a late winner

--------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GUGLIELMO VILARDO

View attachment 269164

View attachment 269165
2 months into the season and already 13pts clear

images

NOVEMBER

A decent month. We had some great wins (Perugia and Isola Liri) but also lost our first game of the season. Signed 3 teenagers for the u20 squad to help them out and to be on the bench for the first team.

If you want a laugh check out youtube for Castel Di Sangro games - in one there is a group of 20 fans behind the goal setting off flares - they are the only peeps in the stadium seemingly lol.

------------

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Vibonese
Capone

------------

Perugia 1-3 Castel di Sangro
Abrahim, Vilardo 2

Thought this would be the end of the unbeaten run but not so! Capone had one chalked off too!

-------------

Castel di Sangro 2-3 Celano
Capone, Abrahim

Fought back twice and conceded late on - they had a goal disallowed also. ****** off with that.

---------------

Isola Liri 0-2 Castel di Sangro
Vilardo, Capone

A great result. Before the match Abrahim got injured fr 3 weeks so 17 y/o Esposito will get a chance. Scored the second while down to 10 men due to injuries.

--------------

Castel di Sangro 3-0 Fondi
Esposito, Rinaldi (og), Covone

Recent signing Covone came off the bench to score with his 1st touch!

----------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDREA CAPONE

View attachment 269397

View attachment 269398

images

snow covered Castel di Sangro

DECEMBER

Quite a short post this as only 2 games played. More shockingly however was the fact that none of my players were in the running for World Player of the Year! Meh.

---------------

Arzanese 0-6 Castel di Sangro
Pastore, Abrahim, Novello (og), Bottini, Massaro, Cipriani

Wooooo. Dropped Vilardo to give Carioto a shot and when I took Vilardo off the bench he promptly got 2 assists!

-----------------

Castel di Sangro 2-1 L'Aquila
Cipriani 2

A great win against the team who are 2nd. We had 1 disallowed and then went behind but centre half Cipriani came to the rescue to put us 16pts clear.

--------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUIGI CIPRIANI

View attachment 269399

View attachment 269400

Great stuff pal, looking good for promotion!!

Can't believe none of your players are in for world player of the year, I thought FIFA liked bribery and corruption (not now that happened in the past or did it)?

Nice story! Enjoying it very much.

I laughed at the OP. Even worse than Burgos CF in 2002, shows you there's always someone who can be even worse.

Just thought that this reminds me a bit of Bamboutos in Cameroon as one of their players (possibly the captain) accepted a bribe on the pitch, no shady meetings at all.

Nice story! Enjoying it very much.

I laughed at the OP. Even worse than Burgos CF in 2002, shows you there's always someone who can be even worse.

To encourage my laziness - what happened with them?

Sorry for lack of updates but will be playing tonight while watching Barca v Real. Might finish the season - might not. Chances of an Italian Aitor Herrera arriving in my youth intake? None lol (If I did you will read about the first man on the moon without the aid of a spaceship next morning lol)

images

JANUARY

Money talked this month as first we splashed out a whopping £1,000 to get Massimiliano Tagliani and then a stupendous £140,000 to get 18y/o Michele Villanova from Atalanta. Hopefully I will be able to develop Villanova into one of our key players and he can develop along with the club.
View attachment 269846View attachment 269847

On the pitch it was so-so as we won 2 drew 1 and lost 1.

--------------

Castel di Sangro 5-0 Fano
Bottini 2, Abrahim 3

We like starting the month off with big wins obviously - always seems to happen!

-------------

Giulianova 2-4 Castel di Sangro
Abrahim, Carioto, Vilardo, Villanova

Debut goal for Villanova! Was a goal down here too.

------------

Castel di Sangro 0-0 Neapolis Frattese

Carioto got sent off so I put on Vilardo who got stretchered off 4min later so I put on Massaro who got stretchered off 12min after that! Grrrrrrrrrrr. Completely dominated as well!!!!

------------

Melfi 2-1 Castel di Sangro
Villanova

Not good - we were the better team but my under strength side was punished for not taking their chances.

------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALEXIS ABRAHIM

View attachment 269861

View attachment 269863

images

FEBRUARY

Struggling a bit now but we are missing several players through injury and suspension. The board agreed to get me a parent club but couldnt find me one which is pathetic really. I released summer signing Grande also as he was 34 years old and wasnt going to get a game.

--------------

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Aprilia
Pastore

--------------

Aversa Normanna 0-0 Castel di Sangro

--------------

Castel di Sangro 3-2 Ebolitana
Abrahim 2, Pastore

Abrahim scored a last minute winner thankfully - seem to have forgotten how to demolish teams.

--------------

Chieti 1-5 Castel di Sangro
Pastore, Capone (pen), Forani, Alessandro (og), Esposito

Thats better! Although we were helped on our way with them playing over an hour with 10 men. After the game Chieti sacked their manager.

---------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JUAN PASTORE

View attachment 269884

View attachment 269885

Last edited: