Klippybo's much threatened Newcastle story - 1 club and many countries! (hopefully)

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
images

INTRODUCTION

For those of you who have followed my Bilbao story this needs no introduction as I have been mentioning this for months now! lol. For those of you that didnt (why did you not read it????) then this is going to be a story of me managing my favourite team Newcastle United. I will stick with them and never change club but unlike my Bilbao story I am going to country hop like a country hopping thing!

THE DATABASE
LFC Marshalls summer update but the original one - since then I have made loads of changes but the only ability change I made was to Balotelli as he was always available for loan and I wanted to remove that unrealistic temptation in signing him.

I will load up all the English leagues as playable and several others as view only. (Incidentally the database was updated today so Lovenkrands is at Birmingham etc). I have only made 1 player which is Islam Feruz of Chelsea and from memory the -10 potential players are Neymar, Chamberlain, Muniain, Wilshere and Gotze.

AIMS/PLEDGES
To have Aberdeen as a feeder club

To win the Euros/Olympics/World Cup/Copa America and African Nations Cup

To do what Mike Ashley (more on him later) does and spend upfront - no monthly installments!!

Give youth their chance - resist temptation!! I have seen the rewards when you get it right through your squad with Bilbao and its worth it.

Become the richest team in the game etc and all that stuff that I managed with Bilbao

To refer to the stadium as ST.JAMES PARK!!!!!!!

And if at all possible get Bilbao as a feeder team eventually!

ME & NEWCASTLE

Supported since: 1990-91 season (when I was 10)
Favourite Players (all time): Given, Solano, Albert, Cole, Asprilla, Domi (dont laugh), Shearer, Batty, Robert. I could go on. lol
Favourite Players (current): Krul, Cabaye, Tiote, Jonas, Cisse, Coloccini
Favourite Managers: Keegan and Sir Bobby of course!
Disliked players (all time): Best, Bramble, Duff, Owen, Jenas, Faye, Boumsong. I could go on and on and on......
Disliked players (current): Perch and Williamson
Disliked Managers/staff: Allardyce, Kinnear, Souness, Dalglish and Mike Ashley!
Disliked teams: Sunderland, Man Utd, Stevenage and Stoke
Best game attended: Newcastle v Portsmouth - when Shearer broke the scoring record - my first visit to SJP (live far away so dont get often)
Best game seen: Newcastle 5-0 Man Utd, although for excitement the 1st 4-3 defeat againt Liverpool is up there!
Favourite Goal: Albert chipping Schmeichel in the 5-0 win over Man Utd
Newcastle United 5-0 Manchester United 1996 - Howay 5-Oh - YouTube

FINALLY
It is going to be the same layout as the Bilbao story pretty much but I will mix it up a bit with video clips etc if I work out how to do it! I dont expect the same levels of success as I had with Bilbao for several reasons:

1. The domestic cups are not over two legs so if you **** up you dont have a get out of jail game in the 2nd leg.

2. The Spanish league is soooooooooo easy once you have overcome the big two

3. In the Spanish league you can get your B team to be competing at the division below the top league so all of your youngsters are continually developing and playing at a decent level - not to be had in England obviously.

And as in the Bilbao game I will start off with an automatic reputation and I will not go on holiday!!!!!

Anyway hope I havent offended too much peeps (unless Mike Ashley is reading this) and I hope you will follow/comment whatever!

Last edited:
Looking forward too this mate :) If your last story was anything to go by this should be a belter :)

good start, give mines a read and comment if u have a chane el submarino amarillo - a change of fate.

Go try to win the CONCACAF Gold Cup just to round up all the major international trophys that get you to the Confederations cup lol. Might follow if the mentions of 5-0 slow up a bit.

I've supported Newcastle all my life, hoping this is good.

Go try to win the CONCACAF Gold Cup just to round up all the major international trophys that get you to the Confederations cup lol. Might follow if the mentions of 5-0 slow up a bit.

any mention of Man Utd has you in mind - lets hope Phil Jones scores an og for me! lol

I'm buzzing for this game. I am going to miss Aitor but it's alright I will still follow.

Definitely will be following this. As you can see from my name I am a life-long supporter too and may start a Newcastle save at some point (probably with 2013 now because I'm doing the advanced San Marino challenge).

Good luck!

PS - Agree with all your liked players too!

although i'm not a newcastle fan Asprilla was a legend

hope you have a great story just like your athlectico madrid one mate

Definitely following this, good luck mate!!

Following this after how good your Bilbao story was :) Had a good Newcastle save on FM11 which was alot of fun. Good luck :)

images

PRE SEASON

Right. I have said we will qualify for the Europa League so I got a budget of £18.25m. Should manage that hopefully. I will be using the same tactic that I used with Bilbao - a 4-2-3-1 formation.

PLAYERS IN

M'Baye Niang from Caen £5.5m
Milan Badelj from Dinamo £4.5m
Leonardo Bonucci from Juventus for £3.7m
Sime Vrsaljko from Dinamo for £3m
Romario from Vitoria for £2.2m (coming in January)
Patrick van Aanholt from Chelsea for £325,000
Siyanda Xulu from Sundowns for £210,000
Junior Hoilett from Blackburn on a free
Craig Gordon from Sunderland on a free
TOTAL SPENT: £19.45m

Some great signings and pretty much blown my budget of £18m (sold players to get a bit more and as I pledged all paid up front). Niang will feature as Cisse's back up before taking over while Hoilett will battle it out with Ben Arfa, Jonas and Ba for the attacking midfield slots.

Bonucci and Badelj will both start as backup but will get plenty of games. I have never had Badelj before and seen him come good so heres hoping I get the best out of him. Sime Vrsaljko will be my right back and Gordon will be my backup gk. Van Aanholt is signed as cover only.

My planned first XI when everyone is fit is -
View attachment 259143

PLAYERS OUT

Nile Ranger to Sunderland for £2.8m
James Perch to Southampton for £2.8m (yay)
Steve Harper to Everton for £900,000
Shola Ameobi to Fulham on loan for £975,000
Xisco to Valencia on loan for £725,000
Rob Elliot to Southampton on loan for £10,000
Siyanda Xulu on loan to Genk (work permit)
Moyo, Newton, Sammy Ameobi, Dummett, Richardson, Alnwick, Inman all got loaned out too.
TOTAL INCOME: £8.25m

I rejected bids for Tiote (Inter Milan) and young Adam Campbell (Man City). Also rejected loan offers for Abeid, Vuckic, Tavernier and van Aanholt as they will feature for the first team methinks. Had to give Tiote a new contract after rejecting Inter's bid and gave Ba one too to get rid of that **** release clause!

STAFF TURMOIL

I gutted the coaching side - only keeping Joe Joyce and Steve Stone while I promoted Dave Watson to be my assistant manager. The most notable names incoming were Bruno Demichelis, Martin Keown, Paul Winsper, Paul McGuiness and Phil Cannon. Also appointed loads of scouts and a couple of physios for good measure.

FEEDER TEAMS

I quickly ditched the Vasteras SK link as I didnt see the point in having them but I kept the links with Carlisle and Gateshead and gave them a player or two. I requested a club for work permits and was pleased to be offered top Belgian side Genk. I have loaded up the Belgian league so thats an extra bonus.

As I write it is the day of the 1st game of the season so will post again when August is done!

images

images

(my spiritual home lol)

AUGUST

Newcastle start season with 3 wins from 3
Tough Europa League group - BATE Borisov, Levante and Inter Milan
Derby draw in the League Cup as we are to play Middlesbrough
Gabriel Obertan requests a transfer

A great start to the season as we won 5 out of 5. Against West Ham we were 4 up in the first half hour! I played my backup players against Mlada Boleslav and we went through pretty comfortably but I wasnt too happy with the resulting group stage draw.

Gabriel Obertan requested a transfer as I promised him I would sell players - which I did - but obviously not the right ones in his mind! lol

Unfortunately I havent had a chance to play Ben Arfa or Badelj yet because of injuries.

--------------

Newcastle United 4-0 West Ham United
Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Gutierrez

UEFA Europa League 4thQ 1st Leg

Newcastle United 2-1 Mlada Boleslav
Cabaye, Obertan

Wigan Athletic 1-2 Newcastle United
S.Taylor, Hoilett

UEFA Europa League 4thQ 2nd Leg
Mlada Boleslav 0-2 Newcastle United
Niang 2

Newcastle United 3-2 Swansea City
Gosling, S.Taylor, Gutierrez

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JONAS GUTIERREZ

images

3 games - 2 goals - 3 assists - 8.10

Yohan Cabaye won goal of the month so as a tribute here is one of his real life strikes (Darran look away now lol)

Cabaye Newcastle 3 man u 0 - YouTube

TOP 10 PREMIERSHIP TRANSFERS

Ganso - Santos to Man City - £21.5m

Rafael van der Vaart - Spurs to Juventus - £18.75m
Mathieu Debuchy - Lille to Spurs - £16m
Kenwyne Jones - Stoke to Spurs - £15.5m!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leandro Damiao - Internacional to Spurs - £14m

John Obi Mikel - Chelsea to Liverpool - £12m
Moussa Dembele - Fulham to Juventus - £10.25m
Matt Jarvis - Wolves to QPR - £8.75m
Martin Olsson - Blackburn to Liverpool - £6.75m
Beram Kayal - Celtic to Aston Villa - £6.5m

5/5 looking very good, really hope this can become long term like your bilbao one! KIU