Klippybo's much threatened Newcastle story - 1 club and many countries! (hopefully)

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 439
  • Views Views 91K
My bad, which db are you using?

LFC Marshalls summer update but the first one - I have kept my own up-to-date version since then - I couldnt be bothered recalling everyone on loan myself although I have since done it in other countries. In my database Scotland, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Holland, Portugal and of course England are all up to date and other moves are done also including managers (Stimac- Croatia, Deschamps - France etc).

Havent altered any Newcastle player attributes as LFC Marshall did that anyways - all I did was change Yven Moyo's nationality to Congo lol

One problem with McGregor, is that he is a good keeper, who'd probably expect first team football!

No chance of bringing Owen back to St James' then? ;)

Out of curiosity, what's the situation with Rangers on this update?

What's your five year plan?

One problem with McGregor, is that he is a good keeper, who'd probably expect first team football!

No chance of bringing Owen back to St James' then? ;)

Out of curiosity, what's the situation with Rangers on this update?

What's your five year plan?

I chucked them down to the third division but only loaded up the Premier League in Scotland so in 4 years time I expect to see them back there. Strangely enough they are in the Europa League though. I know LFC Marshall said that he couldnt get Motherwell and Borussia Moenchengladbach to appear in the Champs Lge.

Will sort out all the other promotions/relegations in Scotland for my database when they are announced.

I should point out that my favourite Scottish team is Aberdeen so you can probably guess where I would like Rangers to be sent lol

(I actually believe that Aberdeen v Rangers is one of the most hate filled games in the UK - not as much as an Old Firm derby obviously. I remember reading somewhere that there is more police on duty when Rangers play at Pittodrie than at an Old Firm game!)

I chucked them down to the third division but only loaded up the Premier League in Scotland so in 4 years time I expect to see them back there. Strangely enough they are in the Europa League though. I know LFC Marshall said that he couldnt get Motherwell and Borussia Moenchengladbach to appear in the Champs Lge.

Will sort out all the other promotions/relegations in Scotland for my database when they are announced.

I should point out that my favourite Scottish team is Aberdeen so you can probably guess where I would like Rangers to be sent lol

(I actually believe that Aberdeen v Rangers is one of the most hate filled games in the UK - not as much as an Old Firm derby obviously. I remember reading somewhere that there is more police on duty when Rangers play at Pittodrie than at an Old Firm game!)

Reading your story, saw your bilbao one aswell, finances where crazy! Keep it up, Im A Gers fan and Rangers V Aberdeen matches are hate filled, Last season the aberdeen casuals were blocked in by police outside the subway at Ibrox as we all walked by to the game. The main rivalry behind the OF. Anyway KIU and good luck.

images

NOVEMBER

Newcastle through to the next round of the Europa League
Steven Taylor begins to think he is Messi lol
Martin Jol gets sacked at Fulham - Pardew is his replacement
Danny Simpson requests a transfer

A month of highs and lows. The highlight being the win over Liverpool but the lows being the draw with Southampton where we had a goal chalked off and then the draw against Fulham (Pardews 1st game in charge) where we conceded a last minute equaliser.

Still doing well and better than expected although I feel we need to keep ahead of the chasing pack!

-----------

UEFA Europa League Group G
Newcastle United 4-0 BATE Borisov
Niang 2, Williamson 2

Newcastle United 3-1 Queens Park Rangers
S.Taylor 2, Cisse

Reading 0-2 Newcastle United
Ba, S.Taylor

Newcastle United 1-0 Liverpool
S.Taylor

Southampton 0-0 Newcastle United

Fulham 1-1 Newcastle United
Senderos (og)

Newcastle United 0-2 Inter Milan

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TIM KRUL

images

(4 clean sheets - although Steven Taylor got the official award lol)

View attachment 259235

Fantastic stuff again Klippy!! KIU Pal

images

DECEMBER

Derby day joy as 10 man Newcastle - O'Neill is sacked immediately - Jol replaces him
Newcastle stun Man City
WBA beaten - Wolves in the semis in the league cup
Newcastle to face Rubin Kazan in the Europa League

A challenging month it has to be said with some mixed results. For some reason my centre halves keep scoring goals while Cisse is really struggling. Not good as S.Taylor is out for 6 weeks after injuring himself against Wigan!

Anyways we demolished Sunderland in the derby match which made O'Neill lose his job! Our next league match was the incredible win against Man City where we came from behind to win 3-1 and I was doing a little rain dance round my laptop at that lol.

The Spurs game was disappointing as was the draw against West Ham but we ended the year with a win to keep us in the Champions League places thanks to my old pal Gary Caldwell (private joke with Stonecold). The board offered me more money to change my expectations but I declined.

------------

Newcastle United 1-0 Aston Villa
S.Taylor

Capital One Cup QF
West Bromwich Albion 0-1 Newcastle United
Marveaux

Newcastle United 3-0 Sunderland
Cisse, Amalfitano, Bonucci

Levante 0-3 Newcastle United
Cabaye, Niang, Marveaux

Manchester City 1-3 Newcastle United
Gutierrez, Williamson, Bonucci

Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Newcastle United
Gosling

West Ham United 1-1 Newcastle United
Toivio (og)

Newcastle United 3-0 Wigan Athletic
Caldwell (og), S.Taylor, Gutierrez

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SYLVAIN MARVEAUX

images

View attachment 259305

Dan Gosling's goal against Man City got goal of the month so here is one memorable Newcastle goal against Man City -
[video=youtube;ZMnvRWHxNW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMnvRWHxNW4[/video]

(Goslings goal v Man City last year is not worth showing)

Skrtel scored 17 goals for me one season, most from corners.. Ball to the front post, Skrtel attacks front post.

Looking quite good, Champions League next year?

Skrtel scored 17 goals for me one season, most from corners.. Ball to the front post, Skrtel attacks front post.

Looking quite good, Champions League next year?

Hopefully - I havent set up any corner routines - just the corner kick takers themselves. I think in my first season as Bilbao Mikel San Jose scored 20 but he was my penalty taker also

Yeah might do that - although i am a lazy sod and that seems like too much hard work! lol. I was thinking more of pinching a vid off youtube for instance Peter Beardsley chipping the Brighton keeper in Keegans last game in the early 80's (great goal) lol. No relevance to the story as such but some peeps might like to see great goals.

All a working progress at the minute though. We shall see...........

Yeah, just see where the wind blows, and if you are so lazy I doubt you'd be able to do a 20 year story! any KIU

Love this story mate, it reminds me of your Bilbao story which was really interesting! Anyway, good luck with Newcastle! Howay The Lads!

images

JANUARY

Simpson and Gordon depart SJP
Jack Butland, Nathan Redmond, Craig Dawson and Aaron Ramsey arrive!
Yaya Sanogo to arrive in the summer on a free
Bids rejected for Tiote, Hoilett, Ba, Niang, Vrsaljko and Cabaye
Newcastle are Wembley bound!!!!!!!!!

Firstly the football - I played my backup players against Derby (managed by Harry Redknapp) and Wolves and managed to win both eventually. We got a good win away to Swansea and then took the lead away to Chelsea before falling behind but we levelled late on.

We are however out of the FA Cup as we got thrashed by Man Utd - we were 5-0 down and only made it respectable when Ferdinand got sent off.

PLAYERS IN
Aaron Ramsey from Arsenal for £5.5m
Nathan Redmond from Birmingham for £4m
Craig Dawson from WBA for £3.7m
Jack Butland from Birmingham for £3m
Nika Kvekveskiri from Dinamo Tbilisi for £975,000
TOTAL SPENT:£17.1m

Some great deals done. Couldnt believe Ramsey was transfer listed so I swooped there. Will compete with Cabaye and Tiote certainly. Dawson is brought in as cover while the other 3 are for the future really. All deals were paid up front.

Pondered about going in for Adam Johnson for £2.5m but couldnt offload either Amalfitano, or Obertan to make room.

PLAYERS OUT
Danny Simpson to Aston Villa for £6.25m
Craig Gordon to Southampton for £5m
Romario/Kvekveskiri to Genk on loan (work permit)
TOTAL INCOME: £11.25m

Both players wanted to leave so they left!!

-----------

FA Cup 3rd Round

Newcastle United 1-1 Derby County
Marveaux

Capital One Cup SF 1st Leg

Newcastle United 1-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Amalfitano

Swansea City 1-3 Newcastle United
Cabaye 2, Ba

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay
Derby County 1-4 Newcastle United
Bonucci, Niang, R.Taylor (pen), Bigirimana

Chelsea 2-2 Newcastle United
Cisse 2

Capital One Cup SF 2nd Leg
Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-3 Newcastle United (aet)
Niang 3

FA Cup 4th Round
Manchester United 5-3 Newcastle United
Cisse 2, Marveaux

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PAPISS CISSE

images

View attachment 259367

TOP JANUARY TRANSFERS

Marek Hamsik to Man Utd from Napoli for £19.75m
Adil Rami to Man City from Valencia for £14.25m
Kader Mangane to Liverpool from Rennes for £12.5m
Atiba Hutchinson to Fulham from PSV for £8.5m
Samuel Inkoom to Reading from Dnipro for £7m
Ryan Bertrand to WBA from Chelsea for £6.5m
Bas Dost to Arsenal from Wolfsburg for £5m
Emmanuel Adebayor to Chelsea on loan from Man City

Great story mate, keep it up, just one thing Adam Johnson > Obertan :P

Now, quick silly question... How do you get photo's in like you have? Do you put them straight onto this site? ifso how? hahah

Now, quick silly question... How do you get photo's in like you have? Do you put them straight onto this site? ifso how? hahah

Open a new tab - go to google images - type in for example Papiss Cisse and you get hundreds - pick one and then copy and paste!

Back