Knap FM16.3 4231 Stargazing Tactic

• Thread starter Deleted member 91052
  • Start date
  • Replies 175
  • Views 133K
The Winger tactic is 101 pts
The updated IF tactic is 98 pts.

The Winger tactic in testing won 1 more game than the IF tactic over 38 games.

Thanks :) Not much difference then, it depends what kind of players you have, to see which one is best :)

Worked great for me initially won all friendlies then first 8 games of the season, but then lost four on the bounce followed by a 1-1 draw, didn't change anything, really strange. Using winger but switched F9 to DLF.

I find the Asymmetric short passing tactic to be better and you can use similar players.

Additional OIs do not appear to help other tactics and even with 4231 only kick in on long test runs. Testing with West Ham with usual OIs.

Hi Knap, what are the additional OIs that helped the winger tactic please? Currently giving it a go in my career save.

Knap do you find your 4231s to work better with OIs? I've been using the standard, counter and control variations of stargazing/stargazing live to play dynamically home and away. It's working quite well actually using these as a tactical set.

OIs tend to help the 4231s but the 442s tend to be better without. I've used the Asymmetric without OIs recently.

knap tks for big tactic
you might if possible reunite your best tactic for GIVE DETAILS give us the best attack in the point number, for large or small club?

The top tactic on the Will's England test league is still Dazed and Confused 105 PTS. Most of latest tactics are over 100 pts.

The Top Tactic on Wills European Test 125 pts and Tactic Testing League 197 PTS is the Asymmetric which tends to give better results over long testing.

I test the tactics with Margate for a few games so they all work at this level and they would give 99 pts in that League.

OIs tend to help the 4231s but the 442s tend to be better without. I've used the Asymmetric without OIs recently.

Thanks for the reply.
Is that the latest short passing asymmetric tactic you are talking about?

I played 2 seasons with Margste the 1st with probably Midsomer the 2nd changing tactic every 4 games.

My preference is short passing Asymmetric, The Crunge/ Midsomer do well in testing. When I use a tactic with Spurs squad you need a 1 striker tactic so I would use the Asymmetricm but in LL I prefer Midsomer 442.

@Knap

your 442 MMNewcastle you said is for underdog teams

but is control-fluid ,

can you explain this ?

There are a lot of uninteresting tactics out there that run exploits etc..But Stargazing truly gets the best from each player. I'v played around this a little and I have conquered Europe many times with many different teams, Promoted from League 2 to Prem with Exeter, won La Liga with Celta.. Could be here all day listing teams really..

I'v changed things around a little, mostly to get get the best from centre backs and set pieces as Knaps original settings are mind blowing. It really is a football feast.

View attachment 136477 View attachment 136478

As you can see I have an Home and Away Version, With the Away Version and big games at home I also scout the other team and if they play direct/long I set the def line to normal/deep depends on the pace of my centre backs vs there forwards. If they play mixed I usually drop to slightly higher. I watch the match in extended also to give me the best view of where there is danger.

While attacking vs 3 man defences or 2 DM I also play wider as it open up gaps, but if your not controlling the game be warned that it will also create gaps in the back.

View attachment 136479

Also you can see here its very consistent home and away. I also use the Away version at home vs giants with smaller clubs.

Here is the home version
STAR F9 Home_32DF8CA0-0E2F-4B48-94B8-6E62B41615EE

Here is the Away
STAR F9 Away_F22BB96B-9120-49B8-B870-5E2BD9EA3E11

Opp Instructions
View attachment 136473

Updated ppms which really help any tactic..

• FB/ WB; Gets Forward, Dribbles Down,Plays One Twos. Unlearn Dives into and Mark Tightly or anything counter productive.
  • CB; Stays back at all times, An absolute necessity is to unlearn Marks tightly, It drags teams out of shape and is an overall disaster.
  • CML; The left sided midfielder is my defensive type so come deep and plays a simple passing game.
  • CMR; The more Attacking midfielder, plays one-twos and gets in to opposition area. Moves in to Channels and tries killer balls are also bonuses.
  • IF; Plays one-twos, Cuts Inside and the main one Places shots, See your players have a field day when they learn the last one.
  • AM; The Star of the Show, Move into Channels, Plays one-two's, Place's Shots, Bonus likes to Round Keeper
  • F9 So crucial to getting the best out of any tactic, If your striker is over 30 and has Gets in opposition area or likes to beat offside trap.SELL HIM. Immediately train Moves in to Channels, then add one twos and come deep. If your striker's finishing isn't great Place's shot may work.
  • Filters Stargazing Filters_E8F0C3D3-4FF2-4A8B-AD89-918E5EA31D8D

Last edited: