Knap FM16.3 442 Midsomer Tactics

• Thread starter Deleted member 91052
  • Start date
  • Replies 195
  • Views 144K
yeah this tactic is unreal.. with AS Roma won the title, europa league (out of CL group stages, very unlucky) and lost final of italian cup...
2nd season I won both super cups and destroying the league at the moment....
1/4 of CL for now
and semis of coppa italia.. will update when i am finished!

Thank you Knap. Getting even better results than with the 16.2 version. Could you explain the changes you made and what the main differences are between the current ME and the previous one?

Thank you Knap. Getting even better results than with the 16.2 version. Could you explain the changes you made and what the main differences are between the current ME and the previous one?

Do you use right-footed winger on right and left-footed on left?

what have you changed from the 16.2 version knap? tried comparing them and they look identical to me.

This sure is a good tactic:

View attachment 170665

Second season with Leicester. Havent improved the squad that much. Got Lucas Romero, Jairo Reidewald and Andrija Zivkovic as improvements.

Tactic isn't fully fluid either.

I usually have MR right foot etc, however I will sometimes switch manually during a game, same with fwds especially if one is not playing well, and if that does not work I may sub them.

If you spot an advantage with your team go with it if it gets results.

View attachment 170539

Im very surprised about this result, they had nothing on me. First title with Leicester. I think the highly structured setting is really good for my team, since my players are far from brilliant and creative.

My MR is left-footed and my ML is right footed, since I used to play with TFFs conquerer. Don't know if this makes the tactic better or not =)

Good tactic, but still i think your 442NEWCASTLE is the best even on 16.3.0. Anyway you should pick Newcastle as test team for you tactic.

There is no reason why MMNewcastle should not work on 16.3.

In order to load 16.3 I had to totally remove FM 16, so lost all my test games, but could download Wills League.

Knap, on a 5 season test on TFF's Tactic Testing League, changing WB's to CWB's/Attack gave me 2,5% more points on average, and increased by 20% CCC for/against ratio, having the best ratio for any tactic I tested. Still the tactic gets like 2% less points than galego25/TFF Sunfire v1 Attack Tweak, the one that gets more points so far.

Maybe you should try the CWB. For Dambusters it didn't worked as expected though.

I have tried CWBs but settled on WBs most of time, used FBs on very early tactics.

Would be interested how these work on Wills league.

Knap, on a 5 season test on TFF's Tactic Testing League, changing WB's to CWB's/Attack gave me 2,5% more points on average, and increased by 20% CCC for/against ratio, having the best ratio for any tactic I tested. Still the tactic gets like 2% less points than galego25/TFF Sunfire v1 Attack Tweak, the one that gets more points so far.

Maybe you should try the CWB. For Dambusters it didn't worked as expected though.

I am wondering what's the purpose of doing these instant result/simulation tests. The results won't be accurate, compared to the standard way of playing the matches. I agree there is a connection somehow, so if a tactic performs well in quick match, it MIGHT be also performing well while playing, but my experience is that it's not always the case. What do you think guys?

Tactics that tested well using Simulation(at Will's request)

Tested by me

TFF tactics (not instant result)
Zyndar tactics

So I am happy to look at using CWBs with a 442 even if the results were simulated.

I am wondering what's the purpose of doing these instant result/simulation tests. The results won't be accurate, compared to the standard way of playing the matches. I agree there is a connection somehow, so if a tactic performs well in quick match, it MIGHT be also performing well while playing, but my experience is that it's not always the case. What do you think guys?

Well, I prefer to play using Instant Results/FM Touch because of the pace the seasons finish, focusing more on squad building.
What you said is true sometimes but the other way around too. If you see Will1981 test he started on simulated/holiday/instant/playing the matches he stated that he would finish with less points actually playing the game rather than simulating.

One downside of not watching the matches is, for example, not being able to tick off tackle harder PI from yellowed players, or applying the suggested OI on FM Touch.

I get similar results on both modes, the downsides should be weighted for each gamer, looking if the tradeoff is worth.

Tactics that tested well using Simulation(at Will's request)

Tested by me

TFF tactics (not instant result)
Zyndar tactics

So I am happy to look at using CWBs with a 442 even if the results were simulated.

I agree. Zyndar Deadly Circle v1 and v2 did very well for me too, but never got good results with TFF's original tactics, only tweaks. Knap Midsommer tactics seems to be great too