Knap FM16.3 442 Midsomer Tactics

• Thread starter Deleted member 91052
  • Start date
  • Replies 195
  • Views 144K
Testing today indicates that it is better not to use OIs.

the 1st is in standard mentality
the others counter , the difference- i think- is only in set pieces

very solid tactic ,very useful as a base ,among the best in here

also the tweaked version 4141 is very solid too

Dazed and Confused is the latest 442, a mix of Midsomer and The Crunge,

Hello Knap and forum in general. I'm a huge fan of 4-4-2 formations, so I decided to try your tactic in Vanarama South with Basingstoke and work my way up to the Premier League with them.

But there is a problem. My squad doesn't have any strikers that can play as False 9. All of them are "Ineffectual" in this role. Should I play them as False 9s regardless, or change them? And if I change their roles, to which ones? Thanks in advance!

Hello Knap and forum in general. I'm a huge fan of 4-4-2 formations, so I decided to try your tactic in Vanarama South with Basingstoke and work my way up to the Premier League with them.

But there is a problem. My squad doesn't have any strikers that can play as False 9. All of them are "Ineffectual" in this role. Should I play them as False 9s regardless, or change them? And if I change their roles, to which ones? Thanks in advance!
It doesn't really matter mate to be honest, I took Exeter through the leagues without a recognised F9

If someone did it, it's possible, so that's good enough for me to start! :-D

This is analysis of average attributes of players forming team of week (FM15). Gives a good idea in general what to look for at this level rather than roles . Screenshot may not work that well as from a speadsheet. Also not my analysis but taken from an interesting thread on SI forum

which is the best? why is so difficult create a good tactic? why we are here? who is midosmer?

I don't use OIs with 442s, but there is probably not a lot in it.

Thanks Knap, loving this tactic, took time getting used to especially with all the red cards at first once fully familiarized has been doing wonders second with Perugia behind Juventus with 4 games to go. Had a lot of games where i went 4-4 my defence seemingly is **** :)