Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Gerard Pique for around ?45m

Votes: 29 33.3%
  • John Terry for around ?55m

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Giorgio Chiellini for around ?50m

Votes: 26 29.9%

• Total voters
that league win was amazing, you caught up from 15points and then won the league - nice.

And I dropped a few points in the final games, very tense stuff!

Will be looking for 1/2 new signings now though to give me more power in Europe. Think I will try and add an experienced CB and a new LB, and maybe a new striker to replace Gignac as he has been awful so far.

PRE-SEASON UPDATE

New Job

Well the first piece of good news is that the Wales national job became available and being Welsh, I saw it as my duty to try and take this nation a lot higher than the current position of 67th in the World Rankings. Should hopefully have some good players coming through now such as Bale, Ramsey, Ledley, Collison, Vokes, Ched Evans and Simon Church.

My aim is first to take Wales to a major competition and within around 10 years try to reach at least the Semi's of the Euro's or World Cup.

TRANSFERS

Now to the important Summer business, the transfer dealings. As well as bringing in a few big names I am also starting to build for the future with some players approaching the 30 mark. Older players in the squad such as Pirlo, Maicon, Lescott, De Rossi and Tevez are now almost 30 and will be eased out of the first team over the next couple of seasons.

IN

Elliott Wignall from Liverpool - £16.75m

View attachment 57252

Looks a real prospect and hopefully within 2 or 3 years will be a great player who can then break into the first team.

Bruno Alves from Porto - £17.5m

View attachment 57253

Solid centre back who will have the experience and leadership to help us in big games, especially in Europe.

Steven Bostock from Southampton - £5m

View attachment 57254

One for the future, great physical stasts.

Michele Campana from Genoa- £18m

View attachment 57255

According to all my scouts has the ability to be better than all of my current centre backs, who aren't too shabby themselves. May have overpaid but could we well worth it in the long run.

Martin Galvan from Cruz Azul - £5m

View attachment 57256

Looks a superb prospect as a really creative, attacking midfielder. May get some first team games this season as he already looks very good.

Eden Hazard from Shakhtar - £40m

View attachment 57257

Biggest signing of the summer. Again probably overpaid but you tend to get carried away when you really want someone and you have the money there. Hopefully he can prove to be a good signing.

Neymar from Santos - £24m

View attachment 57258

Always has a brilliant scoring record for whoever he joins, usually a top team like Barca or Real on my games and hit 57 goals in one season for me when I won the quadruple with Leeds in a previous game. Will prove to be worth every penny spent.

OUT

• Gignac on loan to buy - Bordeaux - £1.5m (possible 8.5m transfer)
  • De Jong - Lazio - £8m
  • Ireland on loan to buy - Valencia - £1.8m (possible 6.7m transfer)
  • Lennon on loan to buy - Barcelona - £2.7m (possible 3m transfer)
  • Given - Juventus - £1.2m
View attachment 57259

FRIENDLIES

Tour of China

3 -1 v Dalian (Robinho x2, Jo)
4 - 0 v Chengdu (Robinho x2, Aguero, Wignall)
2 - 0 Beijing (Otamendi, Aguero)
7 - 0 v Shenhua (Tevez x3, Robinho x2, Lennon, Modric)

3-1 v Genoa (De Rossi, Pirlo Tevez)
2-0 v Werder Bremen (Tevez, Baines)
2-0 v Rangers (Fabregas, Aguero)
5-0 v Stuttgart (Galvan, Pato x3, Modric)

Tour of Scotland

5-0 v Dundee (Pato, Sandro, Robinho x2, Mak)
5-0 v Aberdeen (Tevez x3, Fabregas, Jo)
7-0 v Berwick (Hazard, Galvan x2, Robinho x4)
6-1 v Hamilton (Pato, Otamendi, Maicon, De Rossi, Tevez x2)

0-0 v Juventus

Scored 51 Conceded 3

Top Scorers:

• Robinho (10)
  • Tevez (10)
Overall I am very happy with the pre-season in terms of the players brought in and the way the team performed. I think we have a big enough and good enough squad to challenge on all fronts this season and make a much better fist at the Champions League than we did last season.

I am also very much looking forward to the coming season to manage my country Wales and to see how well I can do with them.

Coming up : CharIty Shield v Middlesborough and the 4th season gets underway with a trip to QPR followed by home ties against Aston Villa and West Ham.

Thanks for Reading!

good transfers - esecially the regens. Like you said, I think you overpaid for hazard but the others look good. I cant believe you conceded vs chlelsea in the 97nd and scored 98th min. thats insane, was there a mass brawl or something or has fergie taken over at chelsea because that is a ridiculous amount of stoppage time!
congrats and good luck this season

You say you signed Neymar, but his screenshot he is still at Cruzeiro and in your transfers screenshot, he isn't there :$

Other than that, some great signings and even though it doesn't matter much with the money you have, it's a big loss on the Lennon transfer as you signed him for £16M+ and are selling him for about £3M

good transfers - esecially the regens. Like you said, I think you overpaid for hazard but the others look good. I cant believe you conceded vs chlelsea in the 97nd and scored 98th min. thats insane, was there a mass brawl or something or has fergie taken over at chelsea because that is a ridiculous amount of stoppage time!
congrats and good luck this season

There was only supposed to be 4 minutes but I dont know what happened. They scored, we kicked off and within about 10 seconds had scored as well.

You say you signed Neymar, but his screenshot he is still at Cruzeiro and in your transfers screenshot, he isn't there :$

Other than that, some great signings and even though it doesn't matter much with the money you have, it's a big loss on the Lennon transfer as you signed him for £16M+ and are selling him for about £3M
Yeh I done the update before his work permit was appealed, he is in now :)

And I had a good few seasons out of Lennon at the start but he just wasn't getting anywhere near the team last season, so better to let him go for something and let him get his career back on track than let him rot in my reserves.

AUGUST UPDATE

COMMUNITY SHIELD

Man City 5 - 0 M'Borough

Jo (1, 16)
Aguero (26, 45, 82)

18 SHOTS 8
14 SHOTS ON TARGET 1
7 CLEAR CUT CHANCES 0
49 POSSESSION 51

PREMIER LEAGUE

QPR 1 - 5 Man City

Tevez (17, 58)
Alberti O.G (24)
Balanta (45+2)
Fabregas (48)
Pique (51)

12 SHOTS 19
5 SHOTS ON TARGET 13
1 CLEAR CUT CHANCES 6
42 POSSESSION 58

PREMIER LEAGUE

Man City 3 - 1 Aston Villa

Tevez (17)
Jo (70)
Miller O.G (90+2)
Delfouneso (90+3)

21 SHOTS 7
10 SHOTS ON TARGET 3
6 CLEAR CUT CHANCES 3
51 POSSESSION 49

PREMIER LEAGUE

Man City 1 - 1 West Ham

Tevez (48)
Noble Pen (58)

10 SHOTS 9
6 SHOTS ON TARGET 8
3 CLEAR CUT CHANCES 3
48 POSSESSION 52

Obviously disappointing to drop points in the last game after the free scoring start to the season, easily knocking the challengers out the way. However, West Ham put up a great fight and I think the draw was a fair result and I will not take anything away from them.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH :
Carlos Tevez

4 Goals 2 assists and an average rating of 7.78 from the striker this month. Lets hope he can continue this form throughout the season.

I know its still very early but heres a little look at the table so far:

View attachment 57338

SEPTEMBER UPDATE

Wigan 0 - 3 Man City (Aguero x2, Robinho)
Man City 2 - 0 Newcastle (Pato, Pique)
Man City 1 - 3 Real Madrid (Xabi Alonso O.G)
Everton 1 - 2 Man City (Pique, Pato)
Man City 3 - 1 Burnley (Otamendi x2, Howard O.G) League Cup 3rd Round

Man City draw Liverpool at home in 4th Round

Man City 3 - 0 Chelsea (Fabregas, Pirlo, Tevez)
Wisla 0 - 6 Man City (Pato, Hazard, Tevez x4)
Arsenal 2 - 2 Man City (Pique, Pato)

WALES

Got my wales career off to a great start with a great friendly win away to a Slovakia, a team which contains players such as Skrtel, Hamsik, Holosko and Marek Cech.

Slovakia 0 - 3 Wales (Ramsey, Vokes, Church) Friendly
Germany 3 - 1 Wales (Williams) WCQ

The WCQ group is decent, perhaps qualifiable if we perform well:

GERMANY
ROMANIA
TURKEY
ESTONIA
FAROE ISLANDS

A lot will depend on the home form but I think we can take points off Romania and Turkey away from home so wins at home will hopefully be good enough. Easy wins should come home and away against Estonia and Faroe's.

Sorry for the lack of detail in the updates but I have a lot of uni coursework on at the mo so don't have as much time as I would like.

Thanks for reading!!!

Your set up is so good. Must take alot of work. Good story, and i voted for Vidic ;]

Sorry guys I got really busy with uni work, sucks being a 3rd year!

In short, I left City after the 4th season having won the League for a 3rd season in a row but not being able to get near the Champions League. I concentrated on Wales for half a season until Xerez offered me the job, 12th in Liga Adelante. Managed to finish about 8th in the few months I was there and then got promoted on my first full season. Finished 7th in La Liga in my first season up but then decided to leave.

Stayed with Wales for a year and qualified for the 2016 Euro's. Beat England and Russia in the groups to set up a second round against Ireland. Beat them 4-1 and met Italy next in the Semi's. They were just too good and beat me 2-0 but the great performance moved us up to 7th in the World Rankings. After the tournament I got offered the Milan job and I am currently in Feburary of my first season, joint top in the league, still in the Europa league and in the cup final. Milan were in a poor state when I took over, finishing 6th last season and having a few seasons in a row not in the Champions League has clearly affected the financial situation.

If there is any interest from people I could start writing this story up from the start of the 2017/2018 season, please comment if you wish me to.

Thanks

continue dude, don't see many milan storys and I am sure I would enjoy it :D

Ok cheers guys, here goes...

The Season so far...

Serie A League Table

View attachment 60501

As you can see we are 3 point behind the leaders and current Serie A Champions, Genoa, with Inter Milan also in the title race. Should be a good end to the season and we are on a great run of form lately having got rid of the players disrupting harmony in January, and also developing a new tactic to suit my best players.

Europa League

Qualified from the Groups unbeaten and have a 1st Knockout round fixture against Feyenoord, with the winners going on to play AZ or Arsenal.

Domestic Cup

Booked a place in the final against Napoli after beating Roma in the Semi's and Inter Milan in the Quarters.

Current Squad

View attachment 60507

View attachment 60508

Have a decent squad all round at the moment and some good depth all over the park. Bale was already here on when I joined but I brought in Henessey at the start of the season on a free to be a backup GK and signed Sam Vokes in January for £18m from Newcastle.

He has been absolutely brilliant throughout my time with Wales and I am sure once he gets used to the league he will be a great player for us.

Key Players:

View attachment 60509
View attachment 60510
View attachment 60511

Pjanic is the only player on wages anywhere near that high, with the next highest only on £76k per week.
INTERNATIONALS
FREINDLY
England 1 - 2 Wales

Wignall (21)
Collison (67)
Church (75)

14 SHOTS 7
2 SHOTS ON TARGET 4
1CLEAR CUT CHANCES 3
50 POSSESSION 50
Great win against England, 2nd time in succesion we have beaten them now. They were ranked 4th in the world rankings and us 9th, so hopefully we will gain some good points and can move up a place or two.

Thanks for reading!

Can somebody please change the name of this thread as I am no longer managing Man City.

Something like Managing Milan out of mediocracy (2017/18 season) will do unless anybody has any better suggestions? Thanks

So I have finished the season and it ended with some silverware.

The end of the season was absoluitely ridiculous with League games, Europa League games and the Cup final to be played, we were playing at least 2 games a week sometimes 3. We had games on a friday night and then a sunday afternoon on several occasions and the players were going into the game on 80% fitness at times. We never really looked great but we were grinding out results and fighting on all 3 fronts still.

First up was the Cup final, in which we absolutely battered Napoli 8-1!! Fantastic performance and gave the fans something to cheer about for the first time in 4 years.

Next up was the Europa league final and after beating Az, FC Twente, West Brom and Feyenoord on the way to the final, we met Galatasary. They took the lead just before the break but we came back to lead 2-1 until Barazite, the former Arsenal youngster equalised in the 92nd minute. They then snatched the victory in the 106th minute as our players were all too tired from the overload of matches at the time.

Now to the league, and it was all up for grabs between us, Inter Milan and Genoa on the last game. Inter and Genoa were both 1 point ahead of me on 82 points, but I had the better goal difference should it come to that. We were facing a realtively easy home tie against Empoli, Inter faced a tricky game away to Napoli and Genoa had Atalanta away from home.

We instantly put the pressure on by going 2-0 up inside 20 minutes but then Inter managed to force a lead also. By half time Genoa were 1-0 down and looked out of the race and as the game went on we went 4-0 up. However, Inter held onto their lead and stole the title by a single point.

View attachment 60626

Top Players:

View attachment 60627
View attachment 60628
View attachment 60629

Next season I will be looking to bring back the title and at least make the Semi's of the Champions League. We will hopefully get a decent budget and I have several players in mind who will be leaving the club in the summer as their performances were not up to scratch last season.

As you may have read, I am also the manager of Wales. The games played since the last update :

England 1 - 2 Wales (Collison, Church) Friendly
Wales 3 - 2 N.Ireland (Bale, Ramsey, Ledley) 4 Assosciations Trophy
Wales 2 - 0 Moldova (Evans, Collins) World Cup Qualifier

Thanks for reading!