Koen - Fast, Attacking, Beast.

Koen - Fast, Attacking, Beasts tactics thread.

'' I want to dominate, dominate and dominate. Then we have a good chance to win the game! ''

Introduction.
Hi, Here I am going to post my self-made tactics. Hope you enjoy and post feedback as well!

The keyword is time: 'Give the tactics some time..'

How to get the tactics fastly fluid?
The best way to get the tactic fluid, before the season starts, is to put the tactic in all 3 slots and set training to 'tactics only' with the slider all the way to the left.

Team talks
I think I am doing a great job using my own team talks. This year it is more important dan other FM versions. Make sure you boost your players with good team talks. Here is a guide how to use them.. (Not mine!)
Raikan007's Teamtalk Guide Fm14: How to get the right reaction!

Will I win every single match using this tactics?
No, you will not. This FM14 series it is really hard to find a tactic exploiter who will win every single FM match. In my opinion I dominate every single match, but that doesn't mean you are going to win it. Like my favorite manager, Frank de Boer, always says: ''When we play well, there is a high chance we are on the best side of the score''. If that's correct English!

The tactics aren't perfect. Help me to improve this tactic and together we can build a unstoppable tactic!

Don't ask me..
Don't ask me questions if it's season 1 or 'what kind of transfers you made'. Because I have a philosophy I use every single career. I only buy youth players from the same nationality as the club. Further I never buy, because I want to import youth, what will give a boost to the club and the national team, at long terms.

I will test this tactic with other clubs. I hope you can help me with this by sharing your results in the comments below.

With love, from the Dutch, Koen. :wub:

TACTICS IN A MOMENT!

Last edited:

Interested in a Regen Haircut Facepack?

Make sure you download this pack and give your regens better haircuts. (More than 1000+ haircuts)
https://www.mediafire.com/?o8mlyo82dplvuv4

It will look like this..

View attachment 442623 View attachment 442622 View attachment 442621 View attachment 442620 View attachment 442619 View attachment 442618

And where do I need to install it..

1. Download the pack from the link above.
2. Open the Winrar pack and extract the map 'Mega hairpack 1' to the following map:
C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/FM14/Data/Facegen/Hair
3. It will look like this:
voorbeeld. (Example)
5. Open your game, go to preferences, 'Delete Cache', 'Reload Skin'.
6. You don't have to start a new game.

What kind of players do I need..

Let's start with the describing of players that will fit this tactic perfectly.

The goalkeeper - Sweeper Keeper (Attack)
Just find a good goalkeeper. Simple!

The central defenders - Central Defenders (Defense)
Heading, marking, tackling, anticipation, concentration, acceleration, jumping and strength.

The backs - Compelete Wing Back (Attack)
Crossing, dribbling, marking, tackling, flair, positioning and stamina.

The defensive midfielder - Ball Winning Midfielder (Defense)
Marking, tackling, aggression, bravery, positioning, teamwork, work rate, stamina and strength.

The central midfielders - Box-To-Box players (Support)
Passing, technique, work rate, decisions, off the ball, dribbling, finishing, first touch, long shots and acceleration.

The side strikers - False Nine (Support)
First touch, crossing, long shots, passing, off the ball, finishing, dribbling, creativity and teamwork.

The central striker - Deep Lying Forward (Attack)

Finishing, first touch, passing, technique, anticipation, balance, creativity, composure and off the ball.

How does the tactic play..

If we want to dominate games, we need to have the ball. I don't want my goalkeeper and defenders to go for the long ball, but pass the ball to my complete backs or midfielders. They need to set up the attack with good and perfect passing. I want my backs to keep the formation wide because there are a lot of players in the centrum of the pitch.

When we have the ball at my midfield, it will look like the screen below. As you can see, I play with very attacking backs to make it harder for my opponent. They have to make changes and run after my complete backs.

View attachment 442601

Here is another example of a situation where my central defender has the ball. My backs are almost as deep as my strikers to create space for the midfiels, or an attackers who comes the ask for the ball.

View attachment 442550
#21 en #2 are the complete backs. Really? Really!

I will also show you where the pressure begins. Exactly, from the moment the opponent has the ball. I don't want my opponent to play their style. When they have a goalkick, they may not pass the ball to their defenders. And if they pass succesfully to their defenders I want a high pressure to make it hard for them to pass the ball in midfield.

View attachment 442584

THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT
Otherwise, you are not going to win the match.

You need to look at this screen below. It was starting this game with the same tactical settings as all my other games. But, for some reason my team found it necessary to put 2 players at tight man mark to their fullbacks. That's of course suicide, because their is to much space in the midfield. Make sure, at the player instructions, that your side wingers will mark the oppositions fullbacks. I don?t know what the reason why it changes by his self sometimes!

View attachment 442148

You need to check this every game, specially when it isn't going well, because most of the time that is the reason you can't dominate and win the match. It is possible that you need to set it down every game!

Useful tweaks for the tactic..

My high pressure isn't working because of their backs..
It is possible that opponent has 2 attackings backs and that will make it hard to use a high pressure on them. Because our side strikers will man mark the opponents backs. Then we can use the following tweak. Now, my side strikers use the player instruction 'man mark' to the opposition full backs. Delete this player instruction and you will see that the high pressure will be working.

I'm conceding a lot of goals in the last minutes of the game..
Use a lower mentality for that last minutes.

When you think other player roles will suite the tactic better? Do it!
When you think you need to use opposition instructions? Do it!
Maybe you find the key to be more succesful..

Tactic versions..

Version 3.5
Version 3.5 is different from the first version: version 3.0. There isn't changed a lot from the first version, but it works in my opinion much way better. I changed some player instructions and the roles from my strikers. The results have gone better since this tweak so I really want to share that version with you. See the opening post!

I am still searching for a good corner tacic, because I don't score from corners in this two versions..

Last edited:

Koen's Result Room
I hope there is some reason to make a result room.

Jong Ajax/Youth Ajax
Jong Ajax is playing in the Jupiler League. That's like the Championship in England. Jong Ajax (not managed by me) always ended up in the last places of the division. Until I started to use this 3 strikers tactic for my first team. Jong Ajax reacted very well at this tactic.

Season 2013/2014
do2k.png

Season 2014/2015
woqi.png

Season 2015/2016

n2gx.png

At the beginning I used version 3.0. Later, I started using version 3.5

I am going to show you something of my current season. I am managing Ajax and this is the first season I am using this tactic from the beginning. Let's go on to the results!

View attachment 442145View attachment 442147 View attachment 442146
If you know that Vurnon Anita is your best player.. It's going to be hard against every club. Even against Granada, with their rich anchorman.

Last edited:
Had huge success with your unbeatable fm13 tactic...Hats off to you. I'll give this one whirl with my manutd save. I'm stil in early of the game, Oct2013 now. Will report back.

Wow mate, it's almost identical to mine, with the difference upfront! It seems that we both think the same way about football, haha, i had a lot of success with my tactic too, well done!

Which role does your strikers have and how well do they perform?
The mentalities of the team and everything of every player is the same, the difference is that i use a Shadow Striker and two False Nines. And depending on the team they perform really well, what i tried to do is to surprise with all of them, the two false nines individual mark the opposition full backs and make spaces for the shadow striker, but they also make runs and surprise into the spaces. With Ajax, Sigporsson made like 30 goals in 35 matches playing as false nine, and for ex with Dortmund Mkitharyan as a Shadow Striker has a rating of 8.10 aprox.

The mentalities of the team and everything of every player is the same, the difference is that i use a Shadow Striker and two False Nines. And depending on the team they perform really well, what i tried to do is to surprise with all of them, the two false nines individual mark the opposition full backs and make spaces for the shadow striker, but they also make runs and surprise into the spaces. With Ajax, Sigporsson made like 30 goals in 35 matches playing as false nine, and for ex with Dortmund Mkitharyan as a Shadow Striker has a rating of 8.10 aprox.

That's impressive. Do you use the player instruction 'Roam from position' for one of your strikers? I keep searching for the perfect set-up at front. Seems like you have a pretty good forward, tacticly, when we look at those ratings. Keep it up!

Someone who can help me?

I am looking for a corner tactic. Because now, I have literally 0 goals from a corner this season.

I will describe the player roles, the attacking front and more in a couple of hours. It's my Bday! :wub:

NEW VERSION IN A FEW HOURS!
Updated the player roles for the strikers.

Last edited:
Back