Kolo Toure Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a feeling it could be something like medicinal. When you think about it, there's lately been viruses running rampant-well there is here anyway.
But if thats the case-why don't the clubs medical staff dish out medicines, or advise the players, about what medicines they are allowed to take, that won't make them fail a medical?
they do, thats why the players get banned. You're supposed to go see your medical team

Sigh, what a stupid thing to do. I honestly saw him as one of the model professionals at the club. Innocent till proven guilty though.

Ryan Stubbs, dont be ridiculous. He should not be banned for life, if this was a utd player you would not be saying this, grow up.

Sigh, what a stupid thing to do. I honestly saw him as one of the model professionals at the club. Innocent till proven guilty though.

Ryan Stubbs, dont be ridiculous. He should not be banned for life, if this was a utd player you would not be saying this, grow up.
actually he would, if youve read his views on drugs in general

they do, thats why the players get banned. You're supposed to go see your medical team

hmm...fair point there. I'd just like to think Kolo wouldn't be ignorant enough to make a mistake like this. If he's lucky he may get a warning from the governing bodies involved

From the BBC:

The World Anti-Doping Agency define a specified substance as one that is "more susceptible to a credible, non-doping explanation".

Makes it sound like it's probably medicinal, can still warrant a 2 year ban though apparently.

hmm...fair point there. I'd just like to think Kolo wouldn't be ignorant enough to make a mistake like this.
agreed. i'm not making a judgement either way till we know some concrete facts

If it's recreational drugs it's stupid to ban him. It's not even illegal to have them in your system and they would be negative on performance if anything -- the club should deal with it.

If it's performance enhancing, he's pretty much screwed... Shame, he seemed like a model pro. Hopefully it's a misunderstanding

Makes you think though, that one little mistake, can leave you on the sidelines for potentially up to 2 years. There was an ice hockey player who got banned for 8 months for taking his kids cold/cough medicine.

actually he would, if youve read his views on drugs in general
I have a certain hatred toward drugs too, but seriously banning someone for life is just being soft. If Paul Terry didnt get banned for driving a man to death then Toure would clearly not be banned for life.

Rio got eight months for missing one, Mutu got seven months for failing one and less than half Rio's fine.

Judging by that downard spiral, Toure will get a couple of weeks and have his snood privileges revoked.

You can get high on many other things :S

I'm just saying, you absolutely contradicted yourself saying alcohol is okay but drugs can affect your memory, when normally it is the other way around..

Dear me... I, as a cycling fan, know more than most that we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Either way its an unwelcome mess.

Rio got eight months for missing one, Mutu got seven months for failing one and less than half Rio's fine.

Judging by that downard spiral, Toure will get a couple of weeks and have his snood privileges revoked.
hard to say what he deserves based on what we know so far. but if its confirmed, and it was something he could have avoided, i've be very disappointed if it was less than 8 months

Not what City need when people are already accusing them of ill-discipline.I expect the media will have a field day with this if anything comes of it, which hopefully it won't.

If this is a mistake (and god hope it is) Then i feel really sorry for Kolo. He's a genuinely nice, cheerfull guy and a **** good player aswell.

He must be worried sick that he might lose his career :(

If proved guilty then i think Toure will be banned for more than 8 months. I think it would be 1 year. Pretty stupid thing to do, but if something has happened without his attention then have to feel bad for him.

If this is a mistake (and god hope it is) Then i feel really sorry for Kolo. He's a genuinely nics, cheerfull guy and a **** good player aswell.

He must be worried sick that he might lose his career :(
He wont lose it, Lee Hughes killed people, still walks on a football pitch.

Ecstacy... Marijuana... LSD... Mescilane... etc etc... Theres plenty out there that can blank you out for a night or atleast make it patchy.

He wont lose it, Lee Hughes killed people, still walks on a football pitch.
and hes very very lucky to. toure could get anything from 8 months to 2 years. still a huge blow no matter how you cut it

Status
Not open for further replies.