Kolo Toure Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is a mistake (and god hope it is) Then i feel really sorry for Kolo. He's a genuinely nice, cheerfull guy and a **** good player aswell.

He must be worried sick that he might lose his career :(

To be honest, the more I'm reading into and thinking about it, it really does just sound like a mistake and nothing more. Unfortunately, that mistake could leave him languashing on the sidelines.

If this is a mistake (and god hope it is) Then i feel really sorry for Kolo. He's a genuinely nice, cheerfull guy and a **** good player aswell.

He must be worried sick that he might lose his career :(

Conversely, if it isn't he's a moron and deserves to lose his career. I hope it is a mistake, but we'll see...

He wont lose it, Lee Hughes killed people, still walks on a football pitch.

Career might never be the same again though, look at Mutu.

Toure is 30 years old. If he gets banned for say 2 years, will City pay his wages or rip off his contract like Chelsea did with Mutu..?

Ecstacy... Marijuana... LSD... Mescilane... etc etc... Theres plenty out there that can blank you out for a night or atleast make it patchy.
Not that it's in any way relevant, but you know very little about drugs.

I didn't think Toure even drank or smoked so I'd be surprised if it's recreational. No footballers are stupid enough to use steroids these days so it's probably just a mistakenly consumed medication.

and hes very very lucky to. toure could get anything from 8 months to 2 years. still a huge blow no matter how you cut it

BBC says he can get away with just a Warning to 2 years if proven guilty.
Anything less then 8months would be a disgrace and a nice little "F You" to the people saying Man Utd get all the decisions, just like with Mutu.

Not that it's in any way relevant, but you know very little about drugs.

I didn't think Toure even drank or smoked so I'd be surprised if it's recreational. No footballers are stupid enough to use steroids these days so it's probably just a mistakenly consumed medication.

There is a person on the second page I was speaking to on why people even touch drugs... And ive seen people not touch a drink of alcohol but be off there head on those types of drugs... Including family members whos deaths its led to...

BBC says he can get away with just a Warning to 2 years if proven guilty.
Anything less then 8months would be a disgrace and a nice little "F You" to the people saying Man Utd get all the decisions, just like with Mutu.
he can only get a wanring if its proven that it was unavoidable on his, cleared, but given a warning to be more vigilant. otherwise he could well be up *******, and rightly so.

To be honest, the more I'm reading into and thinking about it, it really does just sound like a mistake and nothing more. Unfortunately, that mistake could leave him languashing on the sidelines.

Yeah, unfortunately even if he is innocent i think it will take a few weeks for it all to get sorted.

What would happen though, if he took a medicine accidently, after the club doctor said it was okay to take something by mistake (mistakes do happen)? Would he still get banned, would the doctor get released? Would start to get really messy

in a way he is lucky because, what would happen to him if he was a normal person not a footballer?

What would happen though, if he took a medicine accidently, after the club doctor said it was okay to take something by mistake (mistakes do happen)? Would he still get banned, would the doctor get released? Would start to get really messy
Then I can only assume the doctor would be at fault and his position would have to be assessed for negligence.

There is a person on the second page I was speaking to on why people even touch drugs... And ive seen people not touch a drink of alcohol but be off there head on those types of drugs... Including family members whos deaths its led to...
Well I'm dropping this.

in a way he is lucky because, what would happen to him if he was a normal person not a footballer?
He wouldn't have had to take a drugs test and his life would progress as normal?

They wouldn't find out, for starters.

haha, yeah I understand because he wouldnt have to do the drugs test, but what punishment would he get compared to what he is getting now?

Last edited:
So any ideas on how long until the results of the b-sample are released? Could it be hours, days?

haha, yeah I understand because he would have to do the drugs test, but what punishment would he get compared to what he is getting now?

We don't even know what drugs they are. Most likely not any banned drugs, because they'll have no effect unless you play sport seriously. It's not heroin he's taking (probably) so it wouldn't matter.

We don't even know what drugs they are. Most likely not any banned drugs, because they'll have no effect unless you play sport seriously. It's not heroin he's taking (probably) so it wouldn't matter.

fair enough, personaly i like the player, but if he has done anything bad something has got to happen. Oh well.

i doubt he would of done something bad, but if he has he deservese the band. Drugs are stupid, he doesnt need to mess up his career with steroids, and recreational drugs are just plain stupid.

Going to wait and see what it is before judging! may be a mistake from city's medical staff for all we know!
However, if it is a performance enhancing/illegal he should be banned for a long period!
Surely if it is a dietry supplement, as is being suggested, as a pro sportsmen would get it checked out, check its all legit!

Paddy Kenny got a year(ish) for taking cough medicine whilst on holiday (away from team Doctors) so I would be surprised if Kolo can get a way with less than that, unless it was his Doctors fault

Status
Not open for further replies.