KotW Quarter Final 2012

Don't think you could have got a fairer competition. Good luck everyone.

I'm not rooting for anyone but I think hermanchides will be the dark horse of the tournament :)

Sorry for not posting the challenge, had no access to my computer all day. So here goes:

QF1: Create a home and away for Bayern Munich. (red/maroon home)

QF2: Create a home and away kit for Olympique Lyon. (white home)

QF3: Create a home and away for Porto. (blue and white home)

QF4: Create a home and away kit for Atletico Madrid.(red and white home)

The rules:
Deadline is Friday 11/05/12 at 9PM GMT. Any entries posted later than this will not be considered.
Follow the brief. Any kits that dont will be disqualified.
Team colours must be the main colour of the home kit, away kit can be any colour
When uploading kits make sure they are 250x250 pixels.
The home and away must be completely different colours. Trims can be the same colour, but make sure the main colour is different. Failure to do this will result in a DQ.
One a kit is posted, you cannot change without permission, and a good reason. Any that are changed without permission will be removed.
DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN KIT!!!!!. As simple as that sounds, people keep doing it. The excuse 'I didn't know it was against the rules' will not work

do you want us to pm the kits to you or just post them on the thread, i personally think it should be pm

do you want us to pm the kits to you or just post them on the thread, i personally think it should be pm

Personally its up to you. Members can post their own kits on here but if they have a design they dont want to be revealed until the voting day they can mail it to me and it will be added to the voting threads later in the week.

done mine, though not sure whether to post them on here or give them to you via PM...

done mine, though not sure whether to post them on here or give them to you via PM...

Its all down to your personal preference. Kev sent his via pm. Ill be posting mine on here tomorrow. :)

I was thinking the same - in a way if its posted on here then it "could" give the opponent an advantage as they know what they are up against lol. Think PM is a good idea :). Will sort mine out today

I was thinking the same - in a way if its posted on here then it "could" give the opponent an advantage as they know what they are up against lol. Think PM is a good idea :). Will sort mine out today

Yeah, it is a better idea. Could I get Sat10 to send his to you. Just if he doesnt want to give me the unfair advantage? I pretty much have mine done but still designing a bit of the away.

Did you get mine aswell?

Yeah sorry mate, didnt get to reply to anybody personally.

So far i have recieved 4 kits already.
Kevnaylor
Malarkey,
AlexanderKruseBerg
Hermanchides

Yeah, it is a better idea. Could I get Sat10 to send his to you. Just if he doesnt want to give me the unfair advantage? I pretty much have mine done but still designing a bit of the away.

Yeah sorry mate, didnt get to reply to anybody personally.

So far i have recieved 4 kits already.
Kevnaylor
Malarkey,
AlexanderKruseBerg
Hermanchides

Yes mate thats fine if you want then both you and sat10 can PM me your kits.

I was thinking that if you/me have the kits that completes a QF should they be posted on here? Then at least when you are ready to set up the voting threads then you have them all in once place - and there is no advantage to be gained if both people have submitted their kits?

Yes mate thats fine if you want then both you and sat10 can PM me your kits.

Cheers yeah. I can send mine later tonight hopefully if i get the time to finish them. Have a 50 page website to do so that will take a fair chunk of time today.

And about posting the kits early. Ill check with individual members if its ok with them to submit them early or if they would prefer to wait until friday. :)

Should we have a rule where the participants shall vote for his opponent?
Or perhaps that the participants not votes at all?

Last edited:
Yeah, i think participants should not vote at all in any of the voting. As they could be voting for who they would prefer to play in the semi/final etc. I will make that rule clear when voting goes up.

Do we have enough non participating voters to make it a fair competition if none of us are allowed to vote? Will 1 vote from us really make too much of a difference to who wins the round? - sorry just airing my views Steve lol - I dont mind either way and I shall obide by the rules 100% :p

Ill look over previous weeks and see what way it has been voted previously. There does be a few but im not sure if theres enough. Ill have a look over the last 10 weeks and see how voting went there then.

I suppose the rule could be that you arent able to vote for the winner of the QF you may face - so i.e.

Sat10 & Steve & trbngr & El_Wulfio - can vote on QF2 & QF4 only
hermanchides & Malarkey & kevnaylor & AKB - can vote on QF1 & QF3 only

and then the SF participants are unable to vote & Final participants unable to vote.... that way we should still have plenty of voters?

Does that make sense?

Yeah, i think participants should not vote at all in any of the voting. As they could be voting for who they would prefer to play in the semi/final etc. I will make that rule clear when voting goes up.

I did'nt think of it in that way. The suggestion from me is that we are not allowed to vote in our own qf/sf/final.