Kris Boyd joins Forest

Jack

Castaway
Reaction score
Forest Land Boyd

Nottingham Forest have captured the loan signing of Kris Boyd for the remainder of the season.

boyd.jpg

The Scotland international, 27, joined Boro from Rangers in the summer but has struggled to settle at the Riverside.

Boyd, who was signed by previous boss Gordon Strachan, had been linked with a move in the January transfer window.

Boyd has only started 19 games for Boro since his summer move from Rangers.

He told the Forest website: "There are a lot of games coming up in a short space of time and I want to help Forest get into the Premier League."

With Forest having hit a bad run of form recently, a clinical striker could be what they need to improve their promotion push. Automatic would be preferred for Davies' men, considering the heartache of missing out last year to eventual winners, Blackpool.

Personally, not sure what to think of this, it's come out of nowhere. He does have a proven scoring record for Rangers, (143 apps, 101 goals) but hasn't really been firing for Boro. Then again, neither have any of our strikers. Earnshaw hasn't been great this term, and Blackstock is injured. Findley is out for 3 months or something too, so our options up front are pretty limited with Adebola and Tudgay too.

Hopefully he'll do a good job for us and if he says he wants to help us get promoted then i've got no problem with him wearing the shirt haha.

Thoughts?

Can't argue with his record, can argue with his work rate though. Personally I really want him to do well, I'd like him back in the Scotland setup too. I hope he does well.

On a loan, you can't lose. Boro have been **** all season, and poor service among other things will stop many strikers. If Forest can get the ball delivered into the area, he will score, that is for sure.

Probably what Davies was thinking.

Our midfield isn't exactly ****, and with McGugan, Majewski, Cohen, McKenna (when/if he gets a game), and Anderson supplying him, he should be getting adequate service.

He is a quality goal poacher and will start banging them in with the right service.

You totally forgot to mention that part of the deal was Paul Smith went on loan to Middlesbrough too.

i like him our best finisher by miles, hope he scores the goals that finnaly returns forrest to the PL

On a loan, you can't lose. Boro have been **** all season, and poor service among other things will stop many strikers. If Forest can get the ball delivered into the area, he will score, that is for sure.

This ^ (sorry DMF)

See, the thing with Boyd is, he is not a worker, he is a poacher & a **** good one at that. He needs delivery, something he wasn’t getting at Middlesbrough. They hardly get the ball forward at all in the games I’ve watched this season.

Playing with Scott McDonald wasn’t helping either; he needs someone with a bit of pace up top with him. That’s why he works so well with Kenny Miller, he was the kind of player to do a bit of running and that let Boyd stay up top and wait to pounce on any opportunity, which he does well. Watch some highlights and see for yourself, his positional sense and finish are fantastic.

Football is a confidence game & wither it be the bad start Boro had or the weight of expectation, it’s not happened for Boyd.

^^ Perfect.

Whether you like Boyd or not, his sense of where the goal is is second-to-none. Give him the ball in and around the box, and he will score.

Ok mate. I'll take your advice and next time I'll make sure I include every last little detail.

Not really bothered that we've lost Paul Smith to be honest, so I don't care that I didn't know about him being swapped for Boyd. Stay on topic, this thread is about Kris Boyd :)

@Kris - We have Tudgay/Earnie to do the running for him. On paper, he should be a hit for us. But his time at Boro hasn't really helped him, as you said. All I hope is that we give him the ball to put in the back of the net. We need to start scoring.

A good poacher but his work rate is terrible. Another old firm player who thought he could do better in England but he has been a failure so far, although this is a chance to prove me otherwise.

A good poacher but his work rate is terrible. Another old firm player who thought he could do better in England but he has been a failure so far, although this is a chance to prove me otherwise.

TBH, you don't prove yourself in England until you start scoring in the PL.

Ok mate. I'll take your advice and next time I'll make sure I include every last little detail.

Not really bothered that we've lost Paul Smith to be honest, so I don't care that I didn't know about him being swapped for Boyd. Stay on topic, this thread is about Kris Boyd :)

@Kris - We have Tudgay/Earnie to do the running for him. On paper, he should be a hit for us. But his time at Boro hasn't really helped him, as you said. All I hope is that we give him the ball to put in the back of the net. We need to start scoring.

I wasn't having a go. It's just i know you mods would do the same thing if I created a post and forgot the smallest of details.

TBH, you don't prove yourself in England until you start scoring in the PL.

True but the Championship is probably a better level than the SPL with the exception of the old firm

I wasn't having a go. It's just i know you mods would do the same thing if I created a post and forgot the smallest of details.

What, about the other loan signing? It doesn't matter as long as the OP is informative - I'd strongly agree with myself (lol) that Boyd going the other way is the more important part of the transfer. Doesn't really matter about the other way if you take that into consideration.

I think my OP is informative enough, and I did do my research. So there.

Please take Calum Elliot and Gary Glen. :wub: