• Henrik Larsson

Votes: 130 80.2%
  • Kris Boyd

Votes: 32 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so why have united signed michael owen?

Because they obviously thought he would of been better than he is, averaging a shot on target every 60 minutes. There's still room for the poacher, just not in the starting line-up, it's a nice option too have if you're desperate for a goal. Just a shame Owen can't provide those goals as much as they would of hoped.

Because they obviously thought he would of been better than he is, averaging a shot on target every 60 minutes. There's still room for the poacher, just not in the starting line-up, it's a nice option too have if you're desperate for a goal. Just a shame Owen can't provide those goals as much as they would of hoped.

He isn't doing too bad.

Larsson is a better all-round player but, as Kenny Miller found out at Celtic, strikers are judged by their goals. I'm a huge Celtic fan btw, but I just can't separate them. Depends what you judge them on really as the are very different players. ;) :)

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

barca and man united didn go looking for him or that lasrson wanted to play for those clubs plus

Really, Larsson had 36 contract offers on leaving Celtic and Barcelona was the biggest and best club of those. Alex Ferguson made the contact with Helsinborgs to loan Larsson as the Swedish season was over.

Last edited:
Can we please stop comparing them?
Larsson was the last world class striker to have graced Scottish football and a genius,Boyd is a different type of striker,Larsson was selfless whereas Boyd is selfish but the bottom line is Boyd can still improve as a player and is adding to his game every week,he might not turn into the forward that Larsson ended up being but he's the best we have in Scottish football,so get off his ******* back cos every team in the SPL would love Kris Boyd in their team!!!

He isn't doing too bad.

Averaging a shot on target in the league every 60 minutes isn't too bad?

*edit* It's actually every 118 minutes. XD

Last edited:
I hate to tell all the Larsson haters but here is the facts.

It took Kris boyd 270 odd games to get 160 goals whereas Henrik larsson played around 190 games to get 158 goals.

Larsson was the best in the air, the best goal scorer and just genuinely the best...

Kris Boyd couldn't lace Larsson's right boot.

Oh and Larsson won the Champions League Cup final for Barca when he came on in the last 15 mins against Arsenal and set up both goals and got man of the match in just 15 minutes...

It will be a cold day in **** before Boyd plays for Barcelona or Man Utd like Larsson.

god they aren't even comparable only the most blinded rangers fan will say boyd
Larsson was world class, he played at Barca and United for god sakes, Boyd is no where near

This question is a bit like asking Pele or Dean Windass?

this sums the thread up nicely

Fact: Marc Antoine Fortuné since signing for Celtic has scored more European goals than Kris Boyd.

Fact: Henrik scored his 158 goals in 5.5 seasons compared to Boyd's 8.5 seasons, yes 3 seasons more.

Fact: Against the bigger SPL teams Henrik scored 78 goals to Boyd's 48.

Fact: (This is the killer) Henrik has scored more goals against Celtic at Parkhead than Boyd has!

I think its already counting that.I took it from another forum tbh i've seen it on a lot of forums

Didn't Henk miss one season with his broken leg too?
Over one season. As far as I remember, he had it broken twice. Both times against French teams lol.

and;
Fact: (This is the killer) Henrik has scored more goals against Celtic at Parkhead than Boyd has!

^^ I think that says it all really.

Henrik could play any type of role up front well; a fantastic footballer who just happened to be a goal machine. Kris Boyd isn't even fit to lace the boots of the guy who laced Larsson's boots!

umm im sorry this is a joke, larsson is one of the best strikers the world has ever seen, he scored for fun in every league

Not strictly true, he was only truly prolific at in his spells in leagues with lesser quality, i.e Scotland and Sweden. He didn't really cut it at Feyenoord, only averaging a goal roughly 1 in 4 but I also believe he was used on the right wing a lot there.

The fact that Boyd scores so any in the SPL is a testament to the poor quality up there more than anything else. History has shown that many strikers that have gone up there are more prolific than in the higher level leagues they have played, look at John Hartson and Chris Sutton, effective but not prolific until they went to Celtic.

fact: marc antoine fortune since being at celtic has scored more goals in europe than kris boyd
fact: king henrik scored his 158 goals in 5.5 seasons compared to boyd 8.5 seasons yes 3 more
fact: against the bigger spl teams henrik scored 78 to boyds shameful 48
fact: and heres the best one king henrik has scored more goals at parkhead against celtic than super kris boyd FACT.......................

Have you just copied that from 7 posts earlier? Nice facts but not needed twice surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.