Best Striker

• Henrik Larsson

Votes: 130 80.2%
  • Kris Boyd

Votes: 32 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has got to be the most unfair poll in history?...........
Listen,Larsson was a genius so we really shouldn't be comparing the two,it would be more realistic to compare strikers still playing like Scott McDonald who is nearying the 100 mark now!

With my blue glasses on i'm saying Boyd on that one! LOL

Pretty much what I wanted to say.

As a Rangers fan I'm chuffed to have a player like Boyd in the team. He's got a poor record in Europe and against Celtic, but he'll be there to score the winner when grinding out a 1-0 win against Motherwell on a wet evening when everyone wants to be somewhere else.

Larsson played for Celtic and ManYoo, but it's hard to not to admire a footballer of his ability despite a questionable choice in clubs. He brings more to a team than Kris Boyd would, therefore he'd be on my team sheet ahead of Boyd.

Imagine them both playing together though...

in defence of boyd. he has only started against celtic twice and has scored in one of them

as for europe he hasnt only played a handful of time in europe.

in the spl kris boyd is 3rd in the assists rankings it said in the commentery off the old firm game and if boyd is hopeless at setting up then what is the rest of the spl doing :L

and he has scored 7 goals in 15 games for scotland so he can score and against some good teams

dont get me wrong larrson is better all round player by miles

but in the spl goal scoring charts they dont lie, boyd has scored more ;) boyd is a better goalscorer

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

somehow quoted the wrong paerson x(

in defence of boyd. he has only started against celtic twice and has scored in one of them

in the spl kris boyd is 3rd in the assists rankings it said in the commentery off the old firm game and if boyd is hopeless at setting up then what is the rest of the spl doing :L

and he has scored 7 goals in 15 games for scotland so he can score and against some good teams

but in the spl goal scoring charts they dont lie, boyd has scored more ;) boyd is a better goalscorer

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

somehow quoted the wrong paerson x(

I think you will find it took Larsson 192 games to get 159 goals in the league it took Boyd 250+ games to get 160 goals Larsson is the better goalscorer... and all round player.

it doesnt say that on the SPL record books ;)+ you need to consider that larson had a decent celtic supplying where as boyd had a terrible killie team and frankly a pretty poor rangers team supplying him aswell

Last edited:
i think its funny how u can say larrsons played for better clubs do none of you look a player profiles look at the age of larsson hes 38 boyds only 26 who says boyd will never play for a bigger team hes still got 9 year on larssonplus barca and man united didn go looking for him or that lasrson wanted to play for those clubs plus , Don't get me wrong, Larsson was a great player for Celtic and he deserves the praise he got for what he did at Parkhead but boyd has broke larrsons record so he cant be that much worse than larrson but whether you score from 25 yards or one yard, the end result is still the same and you still get one goal for what you've done. Kris has shown himself to be one of the most prolific forwards of his generation

man u went looking for larsson

Larsson by far. Plus Larsson has played for Barcalona and won the CL there!

My vote goes to Henrik Larsson. I've always been a fan of him as a player, and when he started for Celtic he had great hair. Although I am kind of biased as well because I pick Celtic over Rangers any day, and I'm a Utd fan.

he also scored 58 goals in his first 2 seasons before it changed to the s.p.l.

I will always Remember Celtic played Dundee at Dens park and big Bobo Balde got sent off. Henrik was asked to play almost as a defensive midfielder along with Lennon. Henrik got MOTM that day. Could you see Boyd doing that?

No.

Did you ever hear about Henke going out every friday night and getting bladdered?

No.

Do you ever hear Kris Boyd being linked with Barcelona , Man Utd , Bayern Munich and Lyon?

No.

Larsson was a few steps ahead of every other player in the SPL and even the EPL. Henrik could of gone to Man Utd in '99 for £10 Million but he turned them down. Henrik was a complete footballer. Boyd? Will be like an Ally McCoist player for Rangers. No footballing ability at all but a goalscorer. Boyd wont leave because he knows he will be found out if he leaves Ragers

Ahh yes I forgot.. Henrik scored 18 goals in season 97/98 in the old SFL league. So Henrik has officially scored more goals in Scotland than Boyd has. Henke also missed a season with a broken leg.

Last edited:
Urm, yeah...What he said. ^^) ^

Its hard to compare players from the past compared to ones we have now. Considering Boyd is the most prolific striker in Britain while Larsson wasn't at the time I'd say Boyd.

i think its funny how u can say larrsons played for better clubs do none of you look a player profiles look at the age of larsson hes 38 boyds only 26 who says boyd will never play for a bigger team hes still got 9 year on larssonplus barca and man united didn go looking for him or that lasrson wanted to play for those clubs plus , Don't get me wrong, Larsson was a great player for Celtic and he deserves the praise he got for what he did at Parkhead but boyd has broke larrsons record so he cant be that much worse than larrson but whether you score from 25 yards or one yard, the end result is still the same and you still get one goal for what you've done. Kris has shown himself to be one of the most prolific forwards of his generation

Right i have to comment on this becasue your facts are very much wrong mate. I will never argue that boyd is not a better goal scorer but larsson is by far a better all round player. If you take boyds goals out of his game then what has he got. Also larsson was never dropped for a game esspecially old firm games unlike boyd. If hes that good why hasnt he played every old firm game from the start? As well as this you said that Barca and Man u didnt go looknig for larsson until hes 38? not sure if thats exactly what you meant but before he signed a new contract in 1999 he was approached by Man Utd to move in the summer for a free transfer. Guess what he didnt go. AS well as this how many goals has boyd scored against the teams in the top six? Larsson scored against anyone in the SPL. This includeds more than boyds 2 goals in an old firm game. Larsson played in years when the spl was a higher standard. ALso how many goals has boyde scored in the champs league? Do you really want me to tell you Larssons> lol. Overall Larsson is far better and guranteed you ask any manager in the football world they will say Larsson every time. Like i said previously Larsson has never been droped yet boyd has been dropped by every manager he has played for in important matches.

:)

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

but in the spl goal scoring charts they dont lie, boyd has scored more ;) boyd is a better goalscorer,

Well boyd is a better goal scorer i aint saying he isnt but it appears you have your own bed mate. You have said that he has only started twice against Celtic ( that pretty much says it all) if he is that good then he would have played more than two games in the time he has been at Rangers. The same goes for the European games. Larsson was never dropped for old firm games if he was fully fit. Boyd scores all his goals against the ****** teams in the spl i.e the bottom six. Larsson scored against any.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Its hard to compare players from the past compared to ones we have now. Considering Boyd is the most prolific striker in Britain while Larsson wasn't at the time I'd say Boyd.
Oh yeah i forgot they give the golden boot to strikers for scrathing their **** dont they :D Really mate think about what your saying.

All boyd does is score. AI know thats his job but Larson came on for Barcelona and set up two goals to win the Champions League thats a world class player.

Henrik EVERY time
Boyd is only a flattrack bully.

Henrik Larsson - 174 Goals in 221 Games for Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.