Kris the Plagirist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewis Edwards said:
People have already made that point

No but I mean in other threads as well not just this one.

So I stumbled across this site, hadn't ever heard of it before and its not that great. Anyway, thats by the by.

Amazed to see a thread in this Editors Forum where Kris, admin on here apparently, has posted one of "his" creations - Scottish Pyramid Databse.

Hold on, thinks I. I recognise that. You know why? Cos it was me that created it!

Copy and Pasted, word for word, from the SI Forums. He's even Copied and Pasted the updates i wrote about on the SI Forums and claimed he's updated it.

Here's mine, Thread Started on 23rd Oct:
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=157069

And here's Plagirist Boy's, Thread Started 31st Oct:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f74/scottish-leagues-edited-t22327.html

I expect to get flamed on here by Fanboys of the Plagirist, but just take a wee look and know in your heart that Plagirist Boy probably didn't make any of the databases that he's claimed to.

In fact, FM-Base is known for that sort of thievery throughout the FM Community.

Okay, thanks for reading.

Bye.

Though it appears Kris is in the wrong - and I will wait to see what he says before commenting, I resent your comments on FM-Base.

You say it's known for the thievery - but only one other person has told you that something of their's was stolen - that was Super Bladesman who's database was edited every so slightly and released by another member - the thread was subsequently dealt with and the member infracted and probably banned for a considerable length of time - within 10 minutes of being made aware of the situation, it was dealt with.

One other case of thievery was that of Ryan 21, who randomly started copying whole threads from other sites onto FM-Base, as soon as it was brought to the staff's attention ALL the threads were closed or deleted and the member banned (though the **** accesses the site through a proxy so has subsequently made over 8 new accounts).

As for the comment 'it's not that great', the site has almost as many members as the SIGAMES forums, there is usually always over 300 people online at any time and we have had almost 3,000,000 downloads from the site....FM-Base is easily one of the top British based FM sites on the web.

Although Kris has been made to look bad here - which is fair - you could have quite easily contacted one of the other admins (Sean, Lee or myself) via the private message system or on instant messenger and had this dealt with in a civilised manner.

I'm sure this will be dealt with in due course.

He could have been copying the thread for the benefit of this website, and simply forgot to mention the original authors name.

Though it appears Kris is in the wrong - and I will wait to see what he says before commenting, I resent your comments on FM-Base.

You say it's known for the thievery - but only one other person has told you that something of their's was stolen - that was Super Bladesman who's database was edited every so slightly and released by another member - the thread was subsequently dealt with and the member infracted and probably banned for a considerable length of time - within 10 minutes of being made aware of the situation, it was dealt with.

One other case of thievery was that of Ryan 21, who randomly started copying whole threads from other sites onto FM-Base, as soon as it was brought to the staff's attention ALL the threads were closed or deleted and the member banned (though the **** accesses the site through a proxy so has subsequently made over 8 new accounts).

As for the comment 'it's not that great', the site has almost as many members as the SIGAMES forums, there is usually always over 300 people online at any time and we have had almost 3,000,000 downloads from the site....FM-Base is easily one of the top British based FM sites on the web.

Although Kris has been made to look bad here - which is fair - you could have quite easily contacted one of the other admins (Sean, Lee or myself) via the private message system or on instant messenger and had this dealt with in a civilised manner.

I'm sure this will be dealt with in due course.
Well said.

Why am i always offline when **** goes down?

Hmmmm the evidence against Kris seems pretty compelling, but having 'known' him for a fair while in an online sense, he seems a genuine guy, lets hear what hes got to say when hes next online.

As for the OP's comments about FM-Base, i totally agree with Redders, this site is one of the best Football Manager fansites out there. 3 million downloads and 160+ thousand members are testament to that

'I'm not the massiah, I'm a very naughty boy'.

First off, Sorry to the creator, the rest of the staff and the rest of the forum members.

Don't have a go at the OP, I would have been the same to be honest.

Being an Admin, I should be better than this sort of thing but we are all human ? I made a mistake and i am sorry.

I am a grown boy and nail myself to the stake on this, Any abuse i receive would be fully deserved and i accept that.

Cannot have double standards. Will remove the file for you now OP.

Again, Sorry

'I'm not the massiah, I'm a very naughty boy'.

First off, Sorry to the creator, the rest of the staff and the rest of the forum members.

Don't have a go at the OP, I would have been the same to be honest.

Being an Admin, I should be better than this sort of thing but we are all human ? I made a mistake and i am sorry.

I am a grown boy and nail myself to the stake on this, Any abuse i receive would be fully deserved and i accept that.

Cannot have double standards. Will remove the file for you now OP.

Again, Sorry
Fair play, you owned up hence why so many people on here have respect for you.

Now lets all forget about this and move on.

Like i said, any **** coming my way is deserved. Going to stay away from the forums for a bit, Don't see why i should go unpunished. Like i said double standards and that.

Hopefully i can earn back some trust, if not perhaps i should not be an admin.

As long as you come back, it's fine :)

You made a mistake Kris, the fact you would even consider stepping down shows how sorry you are, and you regret you're actions. You have shown dignity to even show your face around here, and I have to say, like most others on this forum, and as a good mate, I was very very shocked, when the revelations came out. But you are one of the best people ever to grace this site, you have helped out this site so much, with all the competitions set up, and everything else.

I'm not trying to hide what you done. Which, as we know, is not on. The amount of time gone into the database was incredible, then for someone to say it was their own, is just awful. But, it's a mistake, we all make them. The fact that although there was solid evidence, and people were still sticking up for you, shows how much of a reputation you had built up. I'm not suggesting it has all gone, but some members of this forum may think otherwise, which they are entitled to.

All in all, you have added so much to this site, and although the actions were bad, we would never want to lose a member of staff like Kris, so, on behalf of Fm-Base, please stay.

You made a mistake Kris, the fact you would even consider stepping down shows how sorry you are, and you regret you're actions. You have shown dignity to even show your face around here, and I have to say, like most others on this forum, and as a good mate, I was very very shocked, when the revelations came out. But you are one of the best people ever to grace this site, you have helped out this site so much, with all the competitions set up, and everything else.

I'm not trying to hide what you done. Which, as we know, is not on. The amount of time gone into the database was incredible, then for someone to say it was their own, is just awful. But, it's a mistake, we all make them. The fact that although there was solid evidence, and people were still sticking up for you, shows how much of a reputation you had built up. I'm not suggesting it has all gone, but some members of this forum may think otherwise, which they are entitled to.

All in all, you have added so much to this site, and although the actions were bad, we would never want to lose a member of staff like Kris, so, on behalf of Fm-Base, please stay.
Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.