JPE

Reaction score
Who do you think is better? Or has a better future?

This is .... so obvious

Stegen far younger and more powerful!! :) (like a jedi)

Krul is actually the best gk of the premier league. That`s why my doubt. Do you know if there is going to be a patch to update ratings?

Krul is actually the best gk of the premier league. That`s why my doubt. Do you know if there is going to be a patch to update ratings?

No offence but that is so, so wrong lol! Krul is a good keeper, there is no way he is up there with Reina, Cech or Hart (not to mention a few others)...

He's had a good few games, and for club like newcastle he is a great keeper. In my opinion he isn't even as good as his Given (massively underrated in my opinion).

This is not a personal attack, it's just very, very obvious that Krul is a good keeper, not a world class keeper :)

P.S I'm assuming you support Newcastle and are terefore blinded by your love for the club lol! Therefore I won't call you crazy lol!

Stegen is beast hes much better then krul plus newcastle al ways sells him so he cant be that good

No offence but that is so, so wrong lol! Krul is a good keeper, there is no way he is up there with Reina, Cech or Hart (not to mention a few others)...

He's had a good few games, and for club like newcastle he is a great keeper. In my opinion he isn't even as good as his Given (massively underrated in my opinion).

This is not a personal attack, it's just very, very obvious that Krul is a good keeper, not a world class keeper :)

P.S I'm assuming you support Newcastle and are terefore blinded by your love for the club lol! Therefore I won't call you crazy lol!

I`m a tottenham fan! But I watch Newcastle and I think that Krul is making his way as the best GK in the PL...Reina and Cech are far from being at their best. Hart could fight for that place.

Have you even been watching the premier league this season?

Newcastle have one of, if not the, best defences in the league, which is mainly down to how well Krul has been playing all season. Compared to Cech, who has looked shaky at best, it's a rather naive outlook to have to say that he is 'no way' near the standard of keepers mentioned above, who have much stronger defences in front of them.

Also, comparatively to Given, I would much rather have Krul. Granted, Given is one of the best shot stoppers in the world on his day, but Krul is also able to pull of many 'wonder' saves, again proven this season by the amount he has pulled off, and the games he has single-handily kept us in games shows how good he really is. Twinned with the fact that he is a pretty big unit and can actually control and command his area, which was the main issue with Given at Newcastle, while only being an inch or so taller.

Rather than dismissing a point as 'blinded by love for a club', it would be interesting to see the points you have that support your ideas that Krul isn't one of the best keepers in the premier league. Also, who would you rate above him? Personally, as a Newcastle fan myself, I wouldn't have any other keeper in the league above him on current form and potential, if he stays injury free, he could have another 10-15 years in him.

In FM terms, Stegen is better, I doubt Krul will be increased much, if at all, in future patches until he has had a full season or two playing to a similar level he is now, I imagine he will get some slight increases in the 12.2/12.3 patchs if he manages to keep this form up.

Best 3 keepers in the league: Krul, De Gea, Reina

Best 3 keepers in the league: Krul, De Gea, Hart

Dunc: I`m with you mate...I hope Tottenham buys him. But not for 6M, for 20. So you can buy a proper replacement. It would be great if you buy Stegen with that money for example.

I'd have Hart over De Gea currently but once he settles, 3 fair calls. Reina is beast.

He was dodgy early on (understandably) but hes been much better, made more saves than Hart, and actually less mistakes than him (we dont hear about them because hart is english. De Gea edges it for me becuase while they are closely match in aerial ability (hart is still slightly better at claiming the cross, De Gea punches a little too often), De Gea hammers him on distribution. Krul has been outstanding, looking to see if he can keep it up all season, but right now he is up there for sure

He was dodgy early on (understandably) but hes been much better, made more saves than Hart, and actually less mistakes than him (we dont hear about them because hart is english. De Gea edges it for me becuase while they are closely match in aerial ability (hart is still slightly better at claiming the cross, De Gea punches a little too often), De Gea hammers him on distribution. Krul has been outstanding, looking to see if he can keep it up all season, but right now he is up there for sure

No Wojciech? For shame. I'd have Szczesny over De Gea on pure ability. De Gea came with a big reputation and a price tag to match, which I think colours the opinion when placed alongside the practically free Szczesny.

I'd have, in no particular order, Reina, Woj, and Krul. Thing is nowadays we have so many excellent keepers in the Prem. Radek Cerny's not anything special, and Al-Habsi is overrated in my book, but short of them? Ruddy and Vorm have been excellent newcomers, grizzled vets like Schwarzer, Friedel and Given remain brilliant keepers, and some like Hennessey and Begovic are maturing into good players.

No Wojciech? For shame. I'd have Szczesny over De Gea on pure ability. De Gea came with a big reputation and a price tag to match, which I think colours the opinion when placed alongside the practically free Szczesny.

I'd have, in no particular order, Reina, Woj, and Krul. Thing is nowadays we have so many excellent keepers in the Prem. Radek Cerny's not anything special, and Al-Habsi is overrated in my book, but short of them? Ruddy and Vorm have been excellent newcomers, grizzled vets like Schwarzer, Friedel and Given remain brilliant keepers, and some like Hennessey and Begovic are maturing into good players.

Both Arsenal and United had have porous defences in terms of shot stopping, yet De Gea has made considerably more saves, again made less mistakes (contrary to pundit opinion) better aerially (has missed less crosses). I didnt factor in reputation and fee for any of the keepers, this is purely on performance. Woj is very loud, but some of his basic decision making has been suspect at times, his confidence leads him to rash rushing out at times

In game however, you want Stegen

Both Arsenal and United had have porous defences in terms of shot stopping, yet De Gea has made considerably more saves, again made less mistakes (contrary to pundit opinion) better aerially (has missed less crosses). I didnt factor in reputation and fee for any of the keepers, this is purely on performance. Woj is very loud, but some of his basic decision making has been suspect at times, his confidence leads him to rash rushing out at times

'Keepers are in an odd position statistically, where it is hard to find reliable stats. Most of the stats relevant to them are also the fault of the defence, or indeed the team philosophy. De Gea has made considerably more saves partly due to a reputation he's acquired for being poor at dealing with long shots. Just about anyone is willing to test him from outside the box. It's a given that long shots are easier to save, which helps buff his stats a bit.

This isn't just traditional 'keeper attributes either. De Gea's distribution is often wayward, for example. Whilst Woj could be criticised for coming off his line too often, I can't think of an instance in which this has truly negatively affected the team. Just part of the job of a modern sweeper keeper.

'Keepers are in an odd position statistically, where it is hard to find reliable stats. Most of the stats relevant to them are also the fault of the defence, or indeed the team philosophy. De Gea has made considerably more saves partly due to a reputation he's acquired for being poor at dealing with long shots. Just about anyone is willing to test him from outside the box. It's a given that long shots are easier to save, which helps buff his stats a bit.

This isn't just traditional 'keeper attributes either. De Gea's distribution is often wayward, for example. Whilst Woj could be criticised for coming off his line too often, I can't think of an instance in which this has truly negatively affected the team. Just part of the job of a modern sweeper keeper.

i factored in the long shots, after the first few games this actually dropped rapidly once teams realised he wasnt spilling them any more. Still made more saves overall. I will dig up the stats for you tomorrow, because unlike you i am not insane and need sleep to function.

i factored in the long shots, after the first few games this actually dropped rapidly once teams realised he wasnt spilling them any more. Still made more saves overall. I will dig up the stats for you tomorrow, because unlike you i am not insane and need sleep to function.

Drop this argument else I tell everyone about how much of a whiney ***** you were when you had to walk over a mile with a hangover. ;)

I`m a tottenham fan! But I watch Newcastle and I think that Krul is making his way as the best GK in the PL...Reina and Cech are far from being at their best. Hart could fight for that place.

Reina has been saving Liverpools bacon recently...
Joe Hart has been fantastic...
Petr Cech is having a horror year, might be a confidence issue...
De Gea has been good at times, a few costly errors but will become one of the greats.
But surely you can only put Krul's performances down to form....

Krul=Best form keeper in league ATM.
PS: I'm a liverpool fan through and through.